I live in Thailand ask me anything (Thailand brahs gtfih)

Got to visit Ayutthaya with a Thai chick from tinder, the head in the tree was pretty cool.

One thing that supposed me was how many African immigrants trying to sell me coke while walking down the street in Bangkok, what's the go with that? Such a strict place with drugs

Heaps of Arabic stores as well, does this influence any of the political problems that have been plaguing Thailand for years?

I grew up on a farm in Australia and my parents are Irish immigrants. I couldn't care less for caste systems or status. I hang with both crowds. Some of my friends make $500 a month, and others are literally billionaires (at least the sons/airs to billions anyway). Asia is weird in that you tend to meet both super rich and super poor people. I didn't know anyone who was a billionaire or from a billionaire family until I moved here.

Red Bull?

Got to visit Ayutthaya with a Thai chick from tinder, the head in the tree was pretty cool.

One thing that supposed me was how many African immigrants trying to sell me coke while walking down the street in Bangkok, what's the go with that? Such a strict place with drugs

Heaps of Arabic stores as well, does this influence any of the political problems that have been plaguing Thailand for years?

Tons of Africans in Bangkok. Majority of them are up to shady shit. There are a few legit guys working here too as teachers, football players in the Thai league, and also in acting/stunts. The ones you see around lower Sukhumvit work directly for the police and are protected. It is why they can get away with it so blatantly. Occasionally a new army or police chief does a crack down but nothing really changes. They used to only be confined to a small area around Soi 3-5, but they have now taken over tons of streets in the area and multiplied in numbers. They are also pimping out African girls. That area looks like a real fucking zoo at night.

More and more arabs are coming to Bangkok. if you walk around a mall like MBK, every second person is arab. There is a huge arab area around Soi 1, Soi 3, and Soi 5. I head over that way sometimes for some shisha (now banned sadly by the army) and arab food. There is a sweet place on Soi 1 that is 24 hours and has insanely good food.

Tons of Africans in Bangkok. Majority of them are up to shady shit. There are a few legit guys working here too as teachers, football players in the Thai league, and also in acting/stunts. The ones you see around lower Sukhumvit work directly for the police and are protected. It is why they can get away with it so blatantly. Occasionally a new army or police chief does a crack down but nothing really changes. They used to only be confined to a small area around Soi 3-5, but they have now taken over tons of streets in the area and multiplied in numbers. They are also pimping out African girls. That area looks like a real fucking zoo at night.

More and more arabs are coming to Bangkok. if you walk around a mall like MBK, every second person is arab. There is a huge arab area around Soi 1, Soi 3, and Soi 5. I head over that way sometimes for some shisha (now banned sadly by the army) and arab food. There is a sweet place on Soi 1 that is 24 hours and has insanely good food.

That's exactly what I figured. They're allowed to trade by selling out tourists. Got to admit if I was curious it'd be Columbia not Thailand

Nah, don't know him. I won't name drop them but they are rich as fuck. Billions as in USD billions, not thai baht.

Read about the red bull son killing a peasant in a hit and run. Bailed out of the country for the time period so he skipped facing the music

Read about the red bull son killing a peasant in a hit and run. Bailed out of the country for the time period so he skipped facing the music

There was a Thai celeb who crashed into a parked car on the side of the road with a sleeping cop inside who died. She then fled the scene without being tested for booze and drugs when she was drunk as fuck. She ended up paying family and crying on TV and got away with it. A year later she was done again for DUI. If you are rich, you can definitely skirt the law a lot over here. The red bull guy will never see the inside of a jail cell.

Oz is great and I travel there every so often. Going to be back over there for a month over the summer. No way I'm heading back over there now in the middle of winter. Too fooking cold. Living in Asia def. adds an inch to your game. Perks of being a whitey.

Most Thais know very little about WW2 and their role in history. It is more a symptom of the bigger issue of collectivism and nationalism that is drummed into all Thais from an early age. I visited Kanchanaburi with some Thai friends to go hang out at the waterfalls there and they didn't know anything about history of the river kwai and hellfire pass. Thais believe that the King does what is in the best interest for Thais, so they don't ever morally question their geopolitical decisions in WW2 or the ramifications.

As for being unconquered, that isn't really true. Thailand was never colonized by a foreign power, but it was invaded and had their capital city sacked by Burma. This is one of the reasons why the capital city was moved from Ayutthaya to Krung Thep (Bangkok). They still have the statues with severed heads in Ayutthaya and it is a very sore spot for Thais. Easy way to piss a Thai off is to bring up this. They still hold the grudge to this day and take a lot of pride in being 'better' than Burma now and reflecting back to that moment.

You can check it out on wiki - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burmese–Siamese_War_(1765–67)
It was my understanding that it was the prime minister's decision to cuck for the japs. Is it safe to say, that the japanese have people have a better understanding of their WW2 atrocities, than the thais "neutral" stance? I read that the thai declared war on the allies and vice-versa-sans US.

are the ladyboys still mugging western tourists?

are the ladyboys still mugging western tourists?

Wouldn't surprise me. Seen some pretty aggressive/filthy ladyboys around places like Pattaya and Koh Samui. Never been mugged, but I'm not a mug.

Wouldn't surprise me. Seen some pretty aggressive/filthy ladyboys around places like Pattaya and Koh Samui. Never been mugged, but I'm not a mug.
there was a lot of it going on when i was over there.

There was a Thai celeb who crashed into a parked car on the side of the road with a sleeping cop inside who died. She then fled the scene without being tested for booze and drugs when she was drunk as fuck. She ended up paying family and crying on TV and got away with it. A year later she was done again for DUI. If you are rich, you can definitely skirt the law a lot over here. The red bull guy will never see the inside of a jail cell.

Yeah money talks that's for sure.

If I remember correctly they have also that you need to be interviewed before 2 years is up and he just travel the world. Parents paid the family death money.....

Strange, a bloke my age should be loving Thailand but I've hated it both times. Might go back and train for a month as I'm getting huge on ice cream and piss. Seems pointless though as the monthly price is no cheaper than Aus really and here you rarely get scammed.

You retired or working there?

It was my understanding that it was the prime minister's decision to cuck for the japs. Is it safe to say, that the japanese have people have a better understanding of their WW2 atrocities, than the thais "neutral" stance? I read that the thai declared war on the allies and vice-versa-sans US.

Yeah, the exiled previous King was against Siam and the younger king was living in Switzerland and held little power. This was around the timing that they changed the name of the country to Thailand and dialed up all the nationalism to 100 based influenced by Germany. It is a touchy subject over here though. They don't teach this stuff over here. There is a lot of things you can't talk about.

Yeah money talks that's for sure.

If I remember correctly they have also that you need to be interviewed before 2 years is up and he just travel the world. Parents paid the family death money.....

Strange, a bloke my age should be loving Thailand but I've hated it both times. Might go back and train for a month as I'm getting huge on ice cream and piss. Seems pointless though as the monthly price is no cheaper than Aus really and here you rarely get scammed.

You retired or working there?

I'm working over here at the moment. I mostly work online, so I get the chance to travel which is nice.

I'm working over here at the moment. I mostly work online, so I get the chance to travel which is nice.

If you have any must see/do's pm me and if I change my mind I'll check them out

Asean online gaming is the most toxic, but the Thais aren't included in this. I think. They were using they're script so the rest of us ignore it. Are they really that polite or allergic to alphabets/english?

The Arab stores were very few until maybe... 2 or 3 years ago. I was in Bangkok back in 2005 and maybe saw 1 or 2 burqa wearing women around. Today in 2017 there are countless. Not sure what the hell happened.

Training?

I (complete beginner) went to train at a gym nearby Lumpinee stadium a few times. One time they said we cant come to train the next day because their fighters are going to fight in said Lumpinee stadium. That was pretty cool. They also invited us to bring some 20 baht chicken and have dinner in the gym after training.
The gym was super small and outdoors. Seemed more like a little place you would setup in your own garage or garden. They had one guy there who spoke English and kinda seemed like he was their tourist coach haha.
I know they also have super modern high class gyms, though.

The Arab stores were very few until maybe... 2 or 3 years ago. I was in Bangkok back in 2005 and maybe saw 1 or 2 burqa wearing women around. Today in 2017 there are countless. Not sure what the hell happened.

It was a year or two ago and there was Arabic everywhere and Africans trying to sell me coke(anything/everything really)

Same as everywhere I guess, it's cheap and they want home to be everywhere

How much money have you saved in the last 3 years, & what's your monthly cost of living?

Back