I live in Thailand ask me anything (Thailand brahs gtfih)

If you have any must see/do's pm me and if I change my mind I'll check them out

Depends what you like to do really. No point telling you to go to a temple if you don't give a fuck about temples. I find a lot of travel advice untargeted and misses the mark. It ends up being more of a projection on people, rather than what a person actually wants (maybe thats the marketing person side of thing in me). Easier to figure out what someone wants and point them in that direction. I like great food, relaxed places to hangout, and hot girls, so Thailand works for me. I had a friend who was really into jazz and Thailand isn't the greatest place for jazz music. Happy to help though.

Last edited:
How much money have you saved in the last 3 years, & what's your monthly cost of living?

I save about 1000-2000USD a month typically. I guess that isn't a lot of saving, but I also live a pretty baller life and I'm not on big money. I'd say my monthly living is around 50k a month, which is about 1500USD

Depends what you like to do really. No point telling you to go to a temple if you don't give a fuck about temples. I find a lot of travel advertise untargeted and misses the point. It ends up being more of a projection on people, rather than what a person actually wants (maybe thats the marketing person side of thing in me). Easier to figure out what someone wants and point them in that direction. I like great food, relaxed places to hangout, and hot girls, so Thailand works for me. I had a friend who was really into jazz and Thailand isn't the greatest place for jazz music. Happy to help though.

Thailand is the shit, Ive been with 13 friends, on my own, with ex gfs...each time amazing. Used to go there and stay at my mates apartment in Lumpini Condos in BKK. He knew tons of locals living there and I was treated awesome...hanging out with the wealthy locals beat the shit out of doing the usual expat shit in nana lol

Depends what you like to do really. No point telling you to go to a temple if you don't give a fuck about temples. I find a lot of travel advertise untargeted and misses the point. It ends up being more of a projection on people, rather than what a person actually wants (maybe thats the marketing person side of thing in me). Easier to figure out what someone wants and point them in that direction. I like great food, relaxed places to hangout, and hot girls, so Thailand works for me. I had a friend who was really into jazz and Thailand isn't the greatest place for jazz music. Happy to help though.

I think I'm done there TBH, find filipina and Vietnamese women a lot more attractive. Only temple worth a damn was the silver temple in Chang Mai. Few other good bits like the shiver you get walking the bridge on the river kwai but on the whole I doubt I'll be back.

Figured you might be in the know on something amazing but you're right about different tastes.

Asean online gaming is the most toxic, but the Thais aren't included in this. I think. They were using they're script so the rest of us ignore it. Are they really that polite or allergic to alphabets/english?

Gaming online is fucking terrible in Asia, specially in any team game like Dota2. Thais don't rage, but they are very whimsical and joke around a lot. They will definitely talk shit to you in Thai, but I've never had a Thai player yell or rage at me (except when I've deliberately stirred them up). Level of play is very low and teamwork is non-existent. I try to play on US West or Oceana servers when I can.

I think I'm done there TBH, find filipina and Vietnamese women a lot more attractive. Only temple worth a damn was the silver temple in Chang Mai. Few other good bits like the shiver you get walking the bridge on the river kwai but on the whole I doubt I'll be back.

Figured you might be in the know on something amazing but you're right about different tastes.

I do have a lot of amazing places in Bangkok I can suggest that work for pretty much anyone. As for tourism and shit to do and see, eh. I've been all over Thailand and found a lot of it underwhelming. I'd much rather go camping in Canada or the US than Thailand for example. Bangkok though is full of hidden gems and cool shit. Also a lot of good beaches and islands to hit up.

I do have a lot of amazing places in Bangkok I can suggest that work for pretty much anyone. As for tourism and shit to do and see, eh. I've been all over Thailand and found a lot of it underwhelming. I'd much rather go camping in Canada or the US than Thailand for example. Bangkok though is full of hidden gems and cool shit. Also a lot of good beaches and islands to hit up.
I think this is how tourist should attempt when going to a major city. Relatively safe side streets and cornershops hunting would be exciting.

What's one thing you hate about Thailand?

Sounds like immigration will ruin the original feel of the place within a few years. Arabs and Africans don't assimilate.

I was in Bangkok in 2010 and am going again in February of next year
how much has the city changed since then ? has it grown in size? is it cleaner or dirtier? is siam paragon still a thing or are there better malls now (plan on going to tech malls to buy smartphones/tablets - since I am going to Hong Kong/Singapore I should be looking at those places instead)?

also going to Krabi - are muslims still stirring shit up over there? any attacks lately?

and do thais still respect their king as much (that documentary they show in cinemas before movie is hilariously bad) or has military taken over ?

What's one thing you hate about Thailand?

1? I'll give you a few

1 - Lack of common sense and lateral thinking

2 - Non-confrontational "yes" attitude. Thais can't handle confrontation well or being challenged. Have to be indirect.

3 - Online gaming (complete dogshit)

4 - Beef is expensive and not too many good butchers around (just recently found a good steak place)

5 - Visa/Immigration/Business red tape

6 - Lack of free speech. Australia doesn't have free speech either but it is nothing like living under a military junta that can throw you in jail for 10 years for saying something about a certain someone

7 - Surfing. Beautiful beaches but no waves here. I miss active beach lifestyle rather than the lazy beach style here.

8 - 24 hour supermarkets.

9 - Littering. It is sickening the way Thais destroy the environment and how they give you 100 plastic bags everytime you go to 7/11

10 - Thai TV and Media. It is all awful. If Thailand had cool media I would have learned Thai a lot faster. Sadly there is very few tv shows or movies worth watching.

11 - Driving. I'll never complain about the way someone drives anywhere else ever again. There is a reason why Thailand is number 2 in the world for road casualties.

12 - Racism and Two Tiered Pricing - Being charged 3x the price because your white sucks.

13 - Mosquitos - Pesky fucking things. I had dengue fever once and that fucked my shit up.

14 - Overt nationalism/religious fevor - I prefer independent and rational thought

15 - Service - Most staff are useless and underpaid. Good luck having someone assist you at a store or a restaurant that delivers your meals at the same time etc.

16 - Constant destruction of culture/identity / Construction - They keep destroying the city to build more malls and condos. Latest casualty is the alleyway of Soi 11 which had a ton of cool restaurants and a really cool outdoor corner bar called Cheap Charlies. Knocked it all down for another condo.

17 - Being treated like a tourst or hassled by taxis/tuk tuks etc - They can get annoying if you are in their areas.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love living here, but I am realistic about it at the same time. There are a lot of negatives here just like anywhere else. It is still one of my favorite places in the world.

Sounds like immigration will ruin the original feel of the place within a few years. Arabs and Africans don't assimilate.

Nah, not much of an impact immigration wise. The arabs stick to a small area and the majority of them are here for 1-2 weeks max. A lot of the arabs actually come here as medical tourists. It is why the arab area is right around the main hospital in Bangkok (Bumrungrad). The Africans can also be completely avoided too. They pretty much stick to a small section of the red light district.

Why isn't your name blue anymore?

I've been to Phuket once and Pattaya Beach twice. There are plenty of real girls in Thailand. Trust me

I was in Bangkok in 2010 and am going again in February of next year
how much has the city changed since then ? has it grown in size? is it cleaner or dirtier? is siam paragon still a thing or are there better malls now (plan on going to tech malls to buy smartphones/tablets - since I am going to Hong Kong/Singapore I should be looking at those places instead)?

also going to Krabi - are muslims still stirring shit up over there? any attacks lately?

and do thais still respect their king as much (that documentary they show in cinemas before movie is hilariously bad) or has military taken over ?

2010? It has changed ALOT. Hell, I'd say the city has changed more in the past 2 years than than last 8 years.

Don't buy your tech here, buy it in Hong Kong. It will be cheaper there. If you can't get what you need in Hong Kong, go to Fortune Town outside MRT Rama 9. It is where I buy all my tech stuff. You can also get tech at MBK but there are a lot of shit places in there that will try to take the piss out of you.

Siam Paragon is still busy as ever and usually when a new major chain enters the Thai market they launch there. Recent examples are Krispy Kreme, Ben's Cookies, IHOP, Ben and Jerrys etc. The most 'hi-so' mall now is in Phom Prong and is called Emquarter. It is opposite Emporiam. Emporiam got a massive overhaul to compete. There is also Terminal 21 at Asoke which is a fucking great mall. It is actually uniquely designed and intersting to visit. All the floors are designed like different cities and it has the best food court in the entire country (hands down not even close). There is also Central Embassy in Ploen Chit, which is super expensive and has a fancy as fuck food court/library thing and super expensive movies. Siam Discovery/MBK etc has all been overhauled too. The Central group who own most malls in Thailand are overhauling the fuck out of the malls here. If you like malls, BKK has got you bro lol.

Krabi is great, I love it down there. I usually stay at Railay Beach. You won't have any problem with muslims in Krabi . There was an entire family kidnapped, tortured, and killed (including the kids and grandparents), but that was a village/business dispute. Krabi is fine. Just avoid the bottom 3 provinces.

I won't talk about the King due to obvious reasons here. Wouldn't be smart.

what percentage of the girls in thailand are actually girls?

I read somewhere that Thailand has a crazy high ratio of girls to boys. I believe it too. There are young single girls EVERYWHERE.

Ever been to a dog fight?

Are Thai whores everywhere?

How good is real thai food? What is yoru fav dish that may not be common in Norht America?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back