"I lost because of my ego. I'm going to go fight for ACB." - Frank Mir

He should of thought of that before he left his face wide open and got knocked the fuck out.

1. He gives no respect to Fedor or credit to him for the win. Before the fight Mir said he was better than Fedor everywhere and Fedor had no where to hide. He said put a Sambo Gi on him and he would beat Fedor in Sambo too. That's how much better Mir is. Reality, he lost on the feet and on the ground. Didn't even last 1 minute.

2. Ring rust meant nothing. In the last 2 years Mir was off, which was his own fault for using PEDs. Fedor had 1 fight that lasted a minute, where he was KO'd. That 1 minute of being KO'd didn't give Fedor any big advantage.

3. Mir was bigger, younger, and has a history with PEDs. He also has a history of being super cocky before a fight, then when he loses, making excuses. He did this with Lesnar, even to this day he makes fun of Lesnar's skills, even though Lesnar outskilled him as well on the ground.

Frank Mir is a good fighter, has some great wins, some really bad losses and has been around for a long time. You lost to Fedor buddy, deal with it. Give Fedor credit and shut up while you take easier fights in Russia.

Instead of getting more rounds in he needs to seriously consider hanging them up. It's not that I don't like the guy, but he's been KO'd a lot in his career and I worry about his long-term health if he takes much more trauma to his brain.

Really? You sit up at night caring about Frank Mir’s future? Better human than I am, cuz I don’t give a shit what any of these guys do besides in the cage.

1. He gives no respect to Fedor or credit to him for the win. Before the fight Mir said he was better than Fedor everywhere and Fedor had no where to hide. He said put a Sambo Gi on him and he would beat Fedor in Sambo too. That's how much better Mir is. Reality, he lost on the feet and on the ground. Didn't even last 1 minute.

2. Ring rust meant nothing. In the last 2 years Mir was off, which was his own fault for using PEDs. Fedor had 1 fight that lasted a minute, where he was KO'd. That 1 minute of being KO'd didn't give Fedor any big advantage.

3. Mir was bigger, younger, and has a history with PEDs. He also has a history of being super cocky before a fight, then when he loses, making excuses. He did this with Lesnar, even to this day he makes fun of Lesnar's skills, even though Lesnar outskilled him as well on the ground.

Frank Mir is a good fighter, has some great wins, some really bad losses and has been around for a long time. You lost to Fedor buddy, deal with it. Give Fedor credit and shut up while you take easier fights in Russia.

Idk if you even listened to the interview, but Frank was very respectful towards Fedor and did compliment him several times.

Also, fights in Russia right now at HW are probably tougher than anywhere else in the world besides the UFC.

Really? You sit up at night caring about Frank Mir’s future? Better human than I am, cuz I don’t give a shit what any of these guys do besides in the cage.

Um I didn't say that I lose sleep over it....but congratulations I guess?

Beaten by a throw? I know of guys that were suplexed, but never gave up And ended up winning the fight.
Fedor ate an insane suplex from Randleman and went on to armbar him lol.

The problem with "ego" as an excuse is that it still implies a reaction to an external situation. It isn't quite "owning" the loss. He's really blaming the fact that he got thrown which then triggered his ego. Sure he should retain composure but that wasn't the problem -- his list of issues should start with the mistake of clinching with a judo guy, not his reaction to that...
In either instance Mir is blaming himself for what happened. That is owning the loss.

Idk if you even listened to the interview, but Frank was very respectful towards Fedor and did compliment him several times.

Also, fights in Russia right now at HW are probably tougher than anywhere else in the world besides the UFC.

I didn't say anything about complimenting him, I'm saying he didn't give him credit for the win. You know, based on being the better fighter. He came across like he did before the fight, where he thinks he is way better but he (Mir) threw the fight away.

There are tough fights in Russia, but Mir is looking for an easier fight. He said so himself.

I didn't say anything about complimenting him, I'm saying he didn't give him credit for the win. You know, based on being the better fighter. He came across like he did before the fight, where he thinks he is way better but he (Mir) threw the fight away.

There are tough fights in Russia, but Mir is looking for an easier fight. He said so himself.

Except when he said Fedor hit him and put him out.

Seeing how Mir acted before the fight, and after the fight, I'm glad he got KO'd easily. Maybe he can get a rubbermatch with Lesnar and get smashed again too. Mir is the least likeable UFC HW from that era.

Frank Mir was 2x UFC HW champion. He is better, than Fedor

To all the people who don't want to see him fight again.

Mir v Aliakbari

Would be sweet.

Back