I see Colby winning the trilogy

Usman is retiring before he faces Colby again.

Colby got better as the fight went on.

Wobbled Usman a few times.

Definitely found his rhythm.

Will there be a trilogy?

Nothing in Colby's reaction said that he thought that he won.

‪Colby was too hesitant in the first 2 rounds. Colby looked great in the later rounds once he started going first. He's best when he goes first and Usman isn't the best counter striker. ‬

‪Usman is best when he leads first with his jab then throws that left. ‬

‪Awesome fight tho ‬
Had Colby pushes the pace from the start he really could have won this fight
... or got KO'd early when the champ was fresher.

What if Colby goes 3-0 in his next 3? or 4-0?

You're talking him earning a third fight but it's literally impossible to "win" a trilogy when you're down 0-2. I think you can lose the trilogy and still be the better fighter like IMO DC v Stipe or Frazier v Ali but history won't see it that way.

In terms of getting a third fight if we go by the Joe B precedent the UFC is not willing to give a third shot to someone against the same guy. Doesn't matter if the division is cleaned out and there's no one else. 3-0 and 4-0 would not come close to breaking that glass ceiling. Only way Colby's fighting for the WW title again is if there is a new champ.

If Rampage can beat wanderlei after the beatdown from the first two fights. Colby has a tiny chance. <Lmaoo>

Quinton vs Wanderlei.

Silva/Rampage

Probably the closest legit trilogy fight where one fighter went 2-0. Took place over a decade ago though. That's how rare it is. Also factor in that the first two fights were in Pride and many US fans at the time never saw them thus Silva-Rampage 3 was still a novelty fight.

Dude put the beer and weed down. WTF were you watching?

I think considering that both fights were close, a third fight is possible but Colby would have to earn it.

No at least not for the title. The UFC is not willing to give fighters third cracks at the same champ. Look at Joe B. Even if there is no one else this has been a hard rule.

No trilogy. Not into it. But it does make a problem for Colby if he stays in the the div.

I also re-watched round 5 and man that is a close round
thats the real swing round looking back

Zero possibility. Colby himself didn't even hint at it.

It's not that big of a problem. Eventually Usman will lose his title if he keeps fighting, or he will retire. MMA isn't a game where you can stay on the top forever. You either retire or eventually you will lose. Colby can work his way back up the chain and be the only option for Usman to fight, or he can work his way back up and fight whoever eventually beats Usman or whoever takes the belt if he retires.

3rd was his clearest won. Wobbled him, landed way more AND got a takedown.
He wobbled in the 4th didn't he? Don't think it was the third. Also that wasn't a takedown and I don't even think the wobble and TD happened in the same round. Yeah you got your shit mixed up I think

Back