I see Colby winning the trilogy

Colby was the better fighter in the later rounds, stunned Usman but the round ended, stunned him a second time and went for the shot lol not sure why

He wobbled in the 4th didn't he? Don't think it was the third. Also that wasn't a takedown and I don't even think the wobble and TD happened in the same round. Yeah you got your shit mixed up I think

I could have my shit mixed up. I remember him winning the 3rd to my eyes though, that's when he started coming back.

I mean most people who saw the fight. Look around; people saw Colby winning rounds 3-5 mostly. But Kamaru got a 10-8 in Round 2 and edged it in another round to many too. Super close fight. It's not at all delusional to give Colby the W. That's a massive overstatement for such a close fight.

Oh by "most" people you don't mean the 3 judges or the thousands who watched it & comment on here, you mean most people in the room with you at the time. At the Colby fan cave. Ok, I can dig it.

He did score a takedown:

Also it's not delusional lol. Most have Colby winning the last 3 rounds. It was a close fkn fight.

Please post proof of Most having colby winning the last 3 rounds.

Oh by "most" people you don't mean the 3 judges or the thousands who watched it & comment on here, you mean most people in the room with you at the time. At the Colby fan cave. Ok, I can dig it.

No... I'm not a Colby fan. I just know what I saw.

I mean the thousands who watched it and commented here. When did I say against that? Fuck the judges, they're a few individuals; check the comments of most who watched it here - MOST people have Usman winning 1 + 2, and Colby winning 3-5.

Will be another couple years and Usman might be retired or have lost to Chimaev by then. We probably won't see a third fight and Colby can't beat him on points. He'd need a finish but wants to go for takedowns when Usman is rocked. He had his chance.

Maybe if Colby beats 3 guys including chamaev then we can talk. Hopefully it makes Colby more active and fight 2-3x a year

Colby deserves to be champion.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with setting up an unprecedented trilogy.

Colby arguably won both fights without the fake nut shot and stoppage in first and by winning three rounds in the second.

Why didn’t his corner advise him to do that?

If they keep fighting, the law of large numbers says he will beat him eventually

You make it sound like it's inevitable that it's going to happen. It's not happening. If this were kickboxing where you fight all the time and might face the same guy 3-5 times then maybe but in MMA booking a third fight in a 2-0 match is very rare

it's not a trilogy if you lost both fights, lol

and no, he doesn't. Usman can easily clean up his errors from last night and just shut Colby out of the fight. It isn't really to Colbys strategic doing that he got back into the fight, more of Usman's failures. Kamaru still cleanly won.

Colby could potentially get another shot within 1 or 2 wins, depending entirely on who those wins are over, and depending on who wins other fights in the division. If he fights Masvidal next, there's no way I see him getting a title shot with that win, he'll need one more. There are just too many other guys at the top (Burns, Leon, Luque, Wonderboy, even Khamzat). But let's assume Leon beats Masvidal (which he should) then fights Usman - Colby could fight Burns, and with a win over Burns, I could definitely see him getting another title shot. Burns beat Wonderboy, so he's in line for a shot before him, so if Colby got that win, it would be huge for him, especially since Wonderboy already beat Luque.

Khamzat is kinda the wild card here, because who knows who he'll fight next or what will happen with him. But I think that it's pretty certain that Usman will probably fight Edwards next (unless Masvidal overperforms), and after that, Burns, Colby, Luque, and Khamzat could all be in the running for the next shot. If any of those four guys fight and beat one of the others, I think they'll get a title shot. One thing is for sure though, and that's that none of them deserves a shot at this point in time. All of them need at least one more win over a top 5 opponent.

There won't be a trilogy.
Kamaru clearly has his eyes on pulling a Khabib and retiring on top.

Back