I see Colby winning the trilogy

3rd was his clearest won. Wobbled him, landed way more AND got a takedown.

if that's his clearest round... he got outstruck in it by Usman and didn't score a takedown the entire fight actually. It's bordering on delusional.

I wouldn't be surprised if they wound up fighting for a 3rd time. It's crazy you could argue Colby has taken 5/10 rounds against Usman.

Colby has nothing to offer. Usman clearly is not afraid of Colby’s power. He wasn’t afraid of it the first fight and he wasn’t afraid of it this fight. Even when Colby was landing in the 4th, Usman just backed off and reset. This is one of those time where you can say Usman wins 10/10 times.

How? Colby's arguably taken 5/10 rounds he's fought against Usman, I'd say Colby wins at least 2-3 times against Usman if they fought 10 times.

Colby won rounds he got outstruck in? TWO of them?

I guess he must have scored pretty well for his takedow... oh wait he didn't get those either. Points for trying?
I swear to fucking God nobody knows what they're watching

Usman won the first 3 rounds, easily. 2nd round was a 10-8. Colby legitimately won the 4th round by the skin of his teeth by rocking Usman in the last SECOND of the round. And I don't see how you give him the 5th round either. He was soundly outstruck and outgrappled. His face was shredded and Usman didn't even look like he was in a competition.

Fuck outta here with a trilogy. Colby is tough. I'm not sure he's elite

I swear to fucking God nobody knows what they're watching

Usman won the first 3 rounds, easily. 2nd round was a 10-8. Colby legitimately won the 4th round by the skin of his teeth by rocking Usman in the last SECOND of the round. And I don't see how you give him the 5th round either. He was soundly outstruck and outgrappled. His face was shredded and Usman didn't even look like he was in a competition.

Fuck outta here with a trilogy. Colby is tough. I'm not sure he's elite

Colby 100% won round 3.

Colby has nothing to offer. Usman clearly is not afraid of Colby’s power. He wasn’t afraid of it the first fight and he wasn’t afraid of it this fight. Even when Colby was landing in the 4th, Usman just backed off and reset. This is one of those time where you can say Usman wins 10/10 times.

Usman has the exact tools needed to beat Colby, and maybe nobody else in the division does.

You're talking him earning a third fight but it's literally impossible to "win" a trilogy when you're down 0-2. I think you can lose the trilogy and still be the better fighter like IMO DC v Stipe or Frazier v Ali but history won't see it that way.

In terms of getting a third fight if we go by the Joe B precedent the UFC is not willing to give a third shot to someone against the same guy. Doesn't matter if the division is cleaned out and there's no one else. 3-0 and 4-0 would not come close to breaking that glass ceiling. Only way Colby's fighting for the WW title again is if there is a new champ.

So say Usman sticks around for 3 more years and remains Champion. What is Colby gonna do? Especially if doesn't lose in that time either? He seems like he's too big to move down and too small to move up.

So say Usman sticks around for 3 more years and remains Champion. What is Colby gonna do? Especially if doesn't lose in that time either? He seems like he's too big to move down and too small to move up.

Joe B case is the precedent for that sort of situation. After losing to MM for the second time(while it was a KO the first fight was split decision) went 6-0 and 9-1 with 1 split decision loss over a span of 6 years. MM was still the champ so Joe B did not get title oppurtunities until he was traded.

Also got to factor in near the end of that Joe B stretch 125 was in bad shape and a trilogy with MM was might have been the biggest fight they could have made by a mile. It didn't matter and at 170 it's doubtful that's going to be the case.

TS needs to delete this thread before more people see it.

Can't win a "trilogy" if Usman has won twice already <{Red Card}>

Gtfo

Not even a joke

Colby's guard was much improved and yes Usmans jab was lethal as we all suspected but man i can't help thinking if Colby was just a little bit more aggressive right after Usmans biggest loadups in the exchanges and if Colbys wasn't so damn passive this fight could've gone in Colbys favour.

Could've Should've....I know its easier said than done but I really think the passiveness of Colby lost him the fight.

Everybody has their opinion i guess.

God this sounds pathetic. What next after the trilogy? Please just stop, while you're behind.

Usman has the exact tools needed to beat Colby, and maybe nobody else in the division does.
Gilbert Burns will TKO Covington.
Leon Edwards schools.
Kumzart straight up annihilate him.

He did score a takedown:

Also it's not delusional lol. Most have Colby winning the last 3 rounds. It was a close fkn fight.

No most dont just the ones you acknowledge

He did score a takedown:

Also it's not delusional lol. Most have Colby winning the last 3 rounds. It was a close fkn fight.

"Most"? Hmm certainly not the 3 judges in a unanimous decision...

And the polls of fans on THIS site have 60% for Usman winning, 20% for Colby.

It was a close fight. But trying to score it for Colby IS delusional. As is that take down- not scored in the books fella.

"Most"? Hmm certainly not the 3 judges in a unanimous decision...

And the polls of fans on THIS site have 60% for Usman winning, 20% for Colby.

It was a close fight. But trying to score it for Colby IS delusional. As is that take down- not scored in the books fella.

I mean most people who saw the fight. Look around; people saw Colby winning rounds 3-5 mostly. But Kamaru got a 10-8 in Round 2 and edged it in another round to many too. Super close fight. It's not at all delusional to give Colby the W. That's a massive overstatement for such a close fight.

Back