I see Colby winning the trilogy

let it go man. go dick ride Chimaev and hope he beats him

Gilbert Burns will TKO Covington.
Leon Edwards schools.
Kumzart straight up annihilate him.

Edwards gets mauled

Burns gets schooled

Not so sure about the last one. Time will tell.

Edwards gets mauled

Burns gets schooled

Not so sure about the last one. Time will tell.
Edward has great takedown defense. He also a better boxer than Covington. And honestly, in the long run his career is going to look better Covington than the overrated Covington.

Edward has great takedown defense. He also a better boxer than Covington. And honestly, in the long run his career is going to look better Covington than the overrated Covington.

overrated

spends 10 rounds in the cage with the current P4P king and wins 4 of the rounds

pick one bro. Leon lays on his back for 10 rounds or gets KTFO by Usman like Masvidal did.

Look at Usman's last 10 opponents (minus Colby) and tell me Colby's record if he fought them instead. I'm saying 10-0 or 9-1 at worst.

overrated

spends 10 rounds in the cage with the current P4P king and wins 4 of the rounds

pick one bro. Leon lays on his back for 10 rounds or gets KTFO by Usman like Masvidal did.

Look at Usman's last 10 opponents (minus Colby) and tell me Colby's record if he fought them instead. I'm saying 10-0 or 9-1 at worst.

Giving a tough fight to the champ does not elevate your rankings against the best. All it means is that you gave a tough fight to the champ. Nothing more, nothing less. By the way it's not like Covington won in any of both fights. Styles make fights, and Covington style just happens to make him a competitive opponent for Usman, however, that does not mean that it translates to the guys in the division, because those guys don't fight Usman, they have different attributes and skill sets.

If Covington's is to be ranked amongst the best Welterweight of all time, he'll have to establish an identity not attached to Usman. Currently, at this particular time, there is no single currently ranked top 10 welterweight on Covington's record.

Covington did not go 10 rounds with Usman, he got knocked in his first fight with Usman. Got saved from getting knocked out in round 2 in their second fight .

Though Edwards lost Usman, every round in that fight was highly competitive.

Covington best wins were old washed up welterweight vets on their way out of the sports. He's lucky Usman is a nice guy. The guys at welterweight are going to rob it in his face after beating him.

Giving a tough fight to the champ does not elevate your rankings against the best. All it means is that you gave a tough fight to the champ. Nothing more, nothing less. By the way it's not like Covington won in any of both fights. Styles make fights, and Covington style just happens to make him a competitive opponent for Usman, however, that does not mean that it translates to the guys in the division, because those guys don't fight Usman, they have different attributes and skill sets.

If Covington's is to be ranked amongst the best Welterweight of all time, he'll have to establish an identity not attached to Usman. Currently, at this particular time, there is no single currently ranked top 10 welterweight on Covington's record.

Covington did not go 10 rounds with Usman, he got knocked in his first fight with Usman. Got saved from getting knocked out in round 2 in their second fight .

Covington best wins were old washed up welterweight vets on their way out of the sports. He's lucky Usman is a nice guy. The guys at welterweight are going to rob it in his face after beating him.

Sure, Usman is P4P #1 and in conversation for best WW of all time because he beat a 38 year old Tyron Woodley who lost all the rounds he fought after that, including a Youtuber, beat a lightweight, beat another lightweight two times one of which was short notice, and Colby twice one of which I thought he lost by decision.

Interesting.

They will never fight again and Colby lost convincingly twice. Let it go.

Fun fights. Colby is game. But Usman dropped the man five times between two fights. He’s better.

Kamaru USAman and team USA did a great job during yesterday's title fights. Colby will be remembered for his supporting role in cementing Karamu's reign as one of the best welterweights in the UFC. And that's not so bad to play a supporting role.

I think we have the best that Colby "Paddington" Covington can offer as a contender. His record is padded with wins over former greats at the tail end of careers like Robbie, Tyron, etc. So now Colby should instead focus on being a gatekeeper in the division. Active and well paid but out of title contention. Maybe up and comers can build a name off Colby like he did himself with some former greats.

wah wah wah Colby beat my favorite fighter nonsense.

Colby was in 10 rounds of fights with Usman. 4:10 of round 5 and you're arguing lmao, get a grip on reality bud. Colby has been in 10 rounds with Usman, who else has?

he's the 2nd best WW in the world behind Usman right now. he beats all 10 of Usman's last 10, too. that's life

Sure, Usman is P4P #1 and in conversation for best WW of all time because he beat a 38 year old Tyron Woodley who lost all the rounds he fought after that, including a Youtuber, beat a lightweight, beat another lightweight two times one of which was short notice, and Colby twice one of which I thought he lost by decision.

Interesting.
mjlol.png

Covington fans desperately trying to convince themselves the fight last night was a close one. How many times was he on queer street and ready to go last night? 30 more seconds and Usman would have sent Covington's soul wherever it is Masvidal and Ben Askren souls are.

Usman beat a Tyron woodley at a point when he was being discussed as potentially alltime greatest welterweight in UFC history. And he definitely was not 38 years when Usman beat him. Colby beat a much older Woodley on a 2 fight losing streak.

Typical casual babble. Jorge Masvidal started his career at welterweight, I guess you must have started watching MMA 2 years ago.

Jorge's 2019 run shits on everything Colby ever did in the UFC. Shit, Jorge's stoppage over Darren Till shits all over anything Colby has on his record.

Cobly has not identity without Usman. Take away Usman's name and no gives a shit about Covington.

passive colby loses this every time, usmans too powerful in exchanges
pace of first fight with td attempts wins him the fight
easier said than done

Probably the closest legit trilogy fight where one fighter went 2-0. Took place over a decade ago though. That's how rare it is. Also factor in that the first two fights were in Pride and many US fans at the time never saw them thus Silva-Rampage 3 was still a novelty fight.
That, plus the third fight happened like 4 or 5 years after the second.

I think Usman won this fight 48-47 pretty convincingly, but Colby had two good moments in the 3rd or 4th round, hurting Usman to the body with a left kick and stunning him with a left uppercut at the end of the round. I doubt we will ever get a trilogy, Colby will need to go on an impressive winning streak.

I think Usman won this fight 48-47 pretty convincingly, but Colby had two good moments in the 3rd or 4th round, hurting Usman to the body with a left kick and stunning him with a left uppercut at the end of the round. I doubt we will ever get a trilogy, Colby will need to go on an impressive winning streak.

I think Colby continues to follow the Chael playbook. After losing twice to the champion, he'll parlay the rub he got from his two losing performances to keep his name out there for big fights. He'll become more of a caricature with time that fans will take seriously less and less.

Colby can't beat Usman, and likely never will. Usman doesn't respect his power (Colby has pillow fists), so he doesn't have much to worry about standing. Yeah sure Colby landed a good liver kick that hurt Usman briefly, that's once in the span of almost 50 minutes total of fight time. Usman is stronger than him; Colby can't get him down at all. If he can't get it to the ground, and can't win the standup, he simply can't win. Usman's striking improved a lot, his jab is pretty good.

That said I can see Khamzat easily destroying Colby and then beating Usman for the title.

Back