I start to think Aldo made that up. It's a win win for him.

You people realize that the UFC has offices outside of the US right? They have a team in Brazil and I'm pretty sure some people from the UFC have visited Aldo to talk about this. It's the biggest fight of the year.
So what? They talk to him, he say "yea, my ribs hurt" and they leave. Aldo isn't using UFC or commission doctors to "verify" this injury, he's using his own people in Brazil. Details haven't exactly been forthcoming.

For fucks sake stop with the conspiracy theories. MMA have to be the dumbest out there, let alone Sherdog ones.

well, as far-fetched as all these theories might or might not be, Aldo has by all means said that he was planning something.

So, after months of Lepreconor's trash-talking, theatrics and all of his nutsswingers thinking he got inside Aldo's head, if in the end it turned out that it was Aldo that pulled off the ultimate mind game then fuck that, he would be a fucking boss.

So what? They talk to him, he say "yea, my ribs hurt" and they leave. Aldo isn't using UFC or commission doctors to "verify" this injury, he's using his own people in Brazil. Details haven't exactly been forthcoming.

Yes, it's probably that simple. "Hey Aldo, we heard that you probably won't make it to that fight that we invested millions. Is it true?" And they just leave...

Yes, it's probably that simple. "Hey Aldo, we heard that you probably won't make it to that fight that we invested millions. Is it true?" And they just leave...
They don't really have any choice. They can't drag Aldo back to the US and force him into an MRI machine in a NSAC medical facility to make sure he's not lying. If Aldo says he's hurt and doesn't want to fight then that's it; the UFC can throw a world class fit over it but they can't force Aldo to fight.

They don't really have any choice. They can't drag Aldo back to the US and force him into an MRI machine in a NSAC medical facility to make sure he's not lying. If Aldo says he's hurt and doesn't want to fight then that's it; the UFC can throw a world class fit over it but they can't force Aldo to fight.

They can ask to see the exams. Even I have to give some kind of doctor's note when I miss work. Imagine the kind of proof a UFC fighter has to give. They have too much to lose and they probably have seen all kind of excuses before, so they need to be sure about things.

Why would Aldo leak that he has bruised ribs? It's clearly a mind game he's trying to play - whether the injury is legit or not. Leaking an injury just prior to an event speaks volumes about the fighter's mental state: they are looking for an excuse if they lose.

agreed.

They can ask to see the exams. Even I have to give some kind of doctor's note when I miss work. Imagine the kind of proof a UFC fighter has to give. They have too much to lose and they probably have seen all kind of excuses before, so they need to be sure about things.
Aldo's situation is different than yours. He's an individual contractor who's physical health is very relevant to his safety at work. He doesn't need the NSAC or UFC's permission to not fight, and he doesn't need to disclose anything to them if he's not fighting. His medical condition is only their business if he is going to be fighting on their stage.

Aldo doesn't get paid if he doesn't fight, so it's not in his best interest to screw up an event by lying about an injury so he doesn't have to fight. If Aldo doesn't fight you can bet your life his injury was real. If he does fight it may have all just been a mind game.

Even if Aldo isn't injured, he would get a instant rematch...

Aldo is a dominant champ... He might get destroyed, but he deserves a immediate rematch
No way! he doesn't get an immediate rematch!

If he gets dominated and destroyed, then he doesn't deserve an immediate rematch. Mendes and Edgar are waiting in the winds for a deserved title shot!

In that regard, I start to respect Conor, and maybe I will cheer for him if Aldo's team continue to play this cheap mind game. With all this BS it is now impossible for Conor to train at 100%. If Aldo wins, it is impressive, but if he loses, he was injured.. I don't like that. You are injured and you cancel the fight, or you fight and you shut your mouth.

So what you mean is you decide to make a huge assumption that Aldo has concocted all of this and his entire camp are implicit including Dede one of the most respected coaches on the planet and the legion of high level and well respected fighters both at NU and those that had just flown in? And now, based on this wild imagining you have lost respect for one of the greatest fighters of our time?

So is this how you go through life? Maybe you make these unfounded assumptions all the time about people you know or is this something you reserve for foreign fighters?

Is there a glitch in certain people that immediately start reverse engineering outlandish conspiracy theories? It's like the anti-critical thinking. Well, I don't mean to rain on your parade ... Carry on, I'll see my way out.

You're getting all worked up over speculation. Helax and see how this plays out.

either u say nada about the injury and fight or u dont fight at all, this is the way it has to be.

Has Conor got an injury? Who knows but if he came out with an injury but said he'd still fight then id say fine but dont be a little b1tch if youre beaten.

Nothing shouldve been said about this if he intended to fight all along this is definitely an 'out'.

Aldo is NOT winning this fight now, injured or fake injured or whatever, its as good as over. Even the build up to this now is not the same as the other Aldo fights, hes not the same, there is an air of defeat about him.

either way the matchup is tainted and fucked with all this bull shit going around. Personally I hope Conor destroys him now because of this.

Do people not remember the Ronny Torres car accident? Or the strange Bar

Sherdog's new favorite game: denying anything that comes out of Aldo's camp and trying to come up with alternative theories.

Not made up but if he fights he gets paid, if he wins he looks great cause he did it hurt, if he loses he has a built in excuse beforehand.

Most fight, lose then say I was hurt but having everyone know you are hurt before the fight gives you a legit excuse. You also look good that you saved the card and stepped up and took the fight.

Now how bad is it, how hurt is he? Who knows, we'll see but if he loses he gets a rematch, he gets paid, he has an excuse and if he wins he looks even better.

Its not a bad situation for him. Only thing he really loses if he loses is his streak of title wins which is big but $ means more.

Probably figures what if Mendes beats McGregor, gone is that huge PPV payday cause another Aldo/mendes fight is only doing 250k buys.

If UFC told him they are pushing fight back he might have waited but if UFC said we are gonna have to keep McGregor on the card the loss of a massive payday might have influenced his dec.

We just dont know.

So what you mean is you decide to make a huge assumption that Aldo has concocted all of this and his entire camp are implicit including Dede one of the most respected coaches on the planet and the legion of high level and well respected fighters both at NU and those that had just flown in? And now, based on this wild imagining you have lost respect for one of the greatest fighters of our time?

So is this how you go through life? Maybe you make these unfounded assumptions all the time about people you know or is this something you reserve for foreign fighters?

Stop making sense. In Sherdog, it's enough to think that everything Brazilian is corrupt and deceptive. People start from this assumption and then build up their line of thought.

Was there any verification except his coach and training partner?

Aldo might be playing some serious mental games, but I doubt Conor cares enough for it to affect him either way.

Say it's for an interim belt. Sure, there's a possibility for him to get the temporary-champ-while-the-champ-is-out belt. It's definitely not the same as having the opportunity of taking it away from the champ, himself. All the media, all the training, putting himself out there directly for this fight and it doesn't happen? That's got to take some wind out of his sails.

I don't care how careless he seems, it's enough to do some mental damage on anyone in his shoes.

Or maybe it was a mind fuck to temporarily relieve Conor from the stress of having the biggest fight of his life, have a few days of anxiousness of the outcome, to only then return to that stress?

The old shake and bake.

Make them think your weak when your strong kind of thing.

I believe this scenario too. If not completely faked,he sure tried to get as much as he can from a minor injury.This way Aldo is trying to fuck with Conor's head and he also has an excuse when he gets his ass whooped. Too bad Conor doesn't give a shit.

Aldo loses a lot of respect from everybody with the whole drug test fiasco and now this. If you can't see that then I'll immediately assume you are blind Conor hater. Aldo looks horrible.

This all day.

Back