Social I still don't understand why slavery is blamed on white Americans

I answered you. Are you mentally inferior that you lack comprehension?

You answered me with another question toward me. That's not an answer. Stop being a coward and just say what you mean.

There are some people in personal circle who I consider to be generally good people who push such an odd narrative. They say that african-americans fall behind in so many ways because of the history of white America & slavery. Even when I was younger this never made sense to me. Anyone who has read any religious text would know that slavery is neither an American or a white phenomenon. Especially when you realise that the slaves in America were sold by black Africans.

Someone I had a civil but loud argument with was trying to convince me that america was very invested in slavery because they had a civil war over it. But there within lied the contradiction. Aren't the same 'evil' white Americans the ones who fought to end slavery in that very civil war? To which the answer was an angry look and silence.

I honestly think if we are going to use the argument that slavery disadvantaged this racial group. Then the blame lies with who sold the slaves, and not who freed them.
Slavery still goes on, buddy. Has done since people were first around & don't think it will ever go away. It's sad, but that's humans for ya. We want to control everything & kill a lot of shit, too. Whoever blames slavery on just 'Merica is......

9c8c0f2c81eb62edea93597d1951e155.jpg

It’s the war room. There is no more of an oppressed community than white males. It’s not surprising to see all the usual suspects whatabouting and pretending the systemic oppression of black Americans ended with the 13th amendment.
Sometimes this part of the forum makes me disillusioned though. There's still reasonable people here but when you see posters who you respect for their combat sports opinions and everything else they post in this part of the forum sounds like white supremacists bullshit it sucks. It really does. I can't wrap my head around it.

Last edited:
The stereotype is that white Americans in the South bought and brutalized slaves.

It also ties in with the stereotypes about the KKK.

It's probably what black Americans think about, what happened within their own borders, not so much about what happened at the rest of the world.

I'll cut to the chase. Do you think black people are mentally inferior on a genetic level?
Its people like you that think that and say it all the time. You're the ones always implying this shit while pointing the finger at others claiming its them.

Its people like you that think that and say it all the time. You're the ones always implying this shit while pointing the finger at others claiming its them.

He's the one that kept implying it with all this innuendo so I asked directly. Simple as that.

I can only speak from the perspective of an America. But in America, slavery is blamed on whites, because in America, it was (almost always), whites enslaving blacks, in American history. Blacks enslaving blacks, whites enslaving whites, at have happened in America, but it certainly was the norm, and would've been dwarfed in scale, by whites enslaving blacks. Thus, slavery is blamed on whites, in the US. I have no idea how this topic is viewed, globally.

Also, after the 15th Amendment, it wasn't as if blacks became 1st class citizens overnight. Most would've been treated a single 2nd class citizens, for another century or so. So the same perceptions would've been easier to maintain, when you see the same group holding down the same other group.

Sometimes this part of the forum makes me disillusioned though. There's still reasonable people here but when you see posters who you respect for their combat sports opinions and everything else they post in this part of the forum sounds like white supremacists bullshit it sucks. It really does. I can't wrap my head around it.
Unfortunately, a large part of the MMA fanbase shares similar beliefs. How many times have they trotted out Orange Peephole T. at events lately? So it's bound to happen from time to time.

It's because the demographics of Sherdog skews older white guys with a sizable percentage that consume conservative media.

"Sherfont" has been a Sherdog meme for a while.

There are some people in personal circle who I consider to be generally good people who push such an odd narrative. They say that african-americans fall behind in so many ways because of the history of white America & slavery. Even when I was younger this never made sense to me. Anyone who has read any religious text would know that slavery is neither an American or a white phenomenon. Especially when you realise that the slaves in America were sold by black Africans.

Someone I had a civil but loud argument with was trying to convince me that america was very invested in slavery because they had a civil war over it. But there within lied the contradiction. Aren't the same 'evil' white Americans the ones who fought to end slavery in that very civil war? To which the answer was an angry look and silence.

I honestly think if we are going to use the argument that slavery disadvantaged this racial group. Then the blame lies with who sold the slaves, and not who freed them.
Also @N13 your boy @Scerpi is embarrassed by the fact he calls me a race-baiter but then when I post something like this about race, he gives it a like.

He reminds me of one of those chicks who keeps saying she hates you, but won't stop sending you nudes.

Also @N13 your boy @Scerpi is embarrassed by the fact he calls me a race-baiter but then when I post something like this about race, he gives it a like.

He reminds me of one of those chicks who keeps saying she hates you, but won't stop sending you nudes.

You’re definitely a race baiter… lol

And shit troll

You’re definitely a race baiter… lol

And shit troll

Then why the fuck are you liking my threads? You love shit trolls and race baiter's opinions? Must make you one as well, dipshit.

Well, whites were the ones that profited the most on slavery while the black people that caught other black people and sold them as slaves is completely ignored. And, on top of that, currently, the narrative by these people are claiming that they built this country and completely ignore other poc’s contributions or building this country. For example, the Chinese and how much they built the railroads that led to massive increases in efficiency for travel, commerce, and connecting the country

The white Americans who are currently living have no responsibility for this. The ones that owned slaves did.

The white Americans who are currently living have no responsibility for this. The ones that owned slaves did.
So segregation, red lining, Jim Crow, "predictive policing", and the long list of other issues that predominantly affect minorities in America are totally unrelated to this? Yeah, right.

Back