I still think Aldo would have beat Khabib

Yeah I dont get it. To hell Al didnt do that bad against Khabib and he aint no Aldo or has the TDD that Aldo has and people dont want to give aldo any chance? Thats laughable. Now everyone's acting as if Aldo is some midget when he is 2 inches smaller than Khabib. I believe there is a reason Khabib declined that fight and it is cause of who Aldo is.
I think he or his dad saw that the risk wasn't worth it since Khabib was already considered a ts contender. I'm an Aldo fan and think he'd lose on points probably but would have some winning chances.

I do feel this would be a fantastic fight. I still favor khabib to win, but Aldo could certaintly steal a round or two and make it a war.

In essence, Aldo would still lose this fight, but he'd do a hell of a lot better than Mctapper did.

Styles makes fights and Aldo is a bad match up to any wrestler. I know Khabib is a pretty big dude but I am sure Aldo would have bulked up for it and gotten some good size in him. Stand up there is no doubt Aldo trashes Khabib. I wished Khabib wouldnt have said no when Aldo offered to fight him. I feel jipped he said no to it. Its as if he didnt want to fight him and made some bullshit excuse of Aldo being too small for him.
<mma3>

Ima Aldo fan 4 sure but Khashishkebab mauls him

That wasnt my question. I said people before said being the smaller guys, smaller stockier build was better when you wrestled. Is it now that the bigger you are, taller, longer limbs more effective than being bigger?
You are correct. Height is not an advantage when It comes to wrestling. I’ve wrestled for 15 years made American junior Olympic team in high school. And if anyone needs further proof bc my word is not good enough look no further than Olympic wrestling. Cejudo and Romero are another examples. Shorter people have a lower center of gravity making it harder to control move and take them down. When’s the last time you’ve seen an Olympic wrestler looking like Jon Jones......

Last edited:
Yes. My thinking exactly.

Also note how Khabib played it in the first round vs Conor: In tight, no posturing up for gnp, advancing position very conservatively and thus giving Conor zero chance to sweep or attack with submissions. There is little doubt in my mind that Khabib can do this to Tony. Early on, he will shut him down while still working him over. He can even do this for five rounds if he senses that Tony is still not breaking.

Tony should try to get under khabibs skin. If Khabib fights emotionally he unlikely saves energy. But i doubt Tony will pull a mcgregor and disrespects khabib like that.

Very interesting fights. Winnable for both.

Aldo starts fading in the 3rd rd onwards now, what do you think happens if he bulks up? He might be able to stop the takedown for the first two rounds but then eventually he'll be too tired to do it later in the fight and Khabib only needs one takedown to fuck you up

When's the last time Aldo has faded in the 3rd rd? He hasn't even had a fight go into the 3rd round since Edgar 2 when he outclassed him for 5 straight rounds.

This is a quote from somewhere "In wrestling, strength and weight are probably dominant factors. Those being equal, I would think the shorter persons lower centre of gravity may give them and advantage in takedowns, as it's easier to upset someone with a higher center of gravity than a lower one."

I was also referring to this and now you are going to say this is wrong? Really?

EDIT: btw I have been referring to height not the weight.
You are correct again. Taller wrestlers have been far and wide much easier to throw and take off their center of gravity. There are a bunch of people in here who have no clue about wrestling it’s actually comincal reading all these comments. Does anyone watch wrestling? NCAA or Olympic? Freestyle or Greco-Roman? From Dan Gable, Hamid Sourian, Kurt Angle, Cejudo, Kyle Snyder, Romero, Cael Sanderson, Buvaisar Saitiev, Jon Smith, Valentin Yordanov, Aleksandr Medved, Ivan Yarygin, Bruce Baumgartner, Makharbek Khadartsev, Sergei Beloglazov etc etc I’m sure I’m leaving out some great wrestlers but the point is there not tall lanky guys. Point is most high level from NCAA champ to Olympic gold medalist, these guys are fucking solid muscular wise. Thick neck muscles, broad shoulders, v cut backs from non stop use of there lats, running back type thigh muscles. IMO there’s a sweet spot size wise that allows for naturally being a good wrestler and it’s not being extremely short nor being taller than your opponent. None are Kendall grove or Jon Jones body types... but shall we let the sherdog armchair experts continue?

Last edited:
The weight categories are only 10 lbs difference, people exaggerating the size difference. It's documented that olympic 190 lb competers(who are probably actually 220+) could not take aldo down until he was tired.

Aldo would get destroyed, it would be a completely 1 sided fight. Khabib is far too big, and far too good.

Stopping big solid, 190 pound, 5'10 Kebab's relentless wrestling style is a hell of a lot different to defending a double leg from a tiny little 5'5 manlet, that Aldo is used to doing.

Not to mention he'd jab the shit out of Aldo and bust him up standing, like he did to raging Al.

I like Aldo, it's hard not to, but WEC was his prime. He's not only shopworn at this point, but he's ridiculously undersized at 155. He'd get fucking molested by the elite full size 155 pounders like Tony and Kebab, not unlike the Max fights.

I agree. even though he is smaller he eats grapplers alive. He doesn't have to worry about takedowns because he has insane TDD and he has world class grappling on the ground if he finally does get taken down. So he can let his strikes go with no fear. It takes a striker to have any chance to beat Aldo.

Aldo would make easy work of Khabib no doubt he nullified Edgar and beat a much better wrestler x2 in Chad. Only thing Khabib is good at is chain grappling and he would never make it there with Aldo's speed.

Sadly I dont think Aldo has the cardio to beat Khabib. Khabib always fails on takedowns but doesnt stop coming. Hes relentless and I think hed tire Aldo.

Yeah I dont get it. To hell Al didnt do that bad against Khabib and he aint no Aldo or has the TDD that Aldo has and people dont want to give aldo any chance? Thats laughable. Now everyone's acting as if Aldo is some midget when he is 2 inches smaller than Khabib. I believe there is a reason Khabib declined that fight and it is cause of who Aldo is.
Aldo has probably the best defensive wrestling in MMA, you got guys like Askren & Cormier praising Aldo for it. But the wrestlers who has fought has always stopped wrestling once Aldo has stuffed it. As some other posters mentioned Khabib doesn't stop if he missed on one he goes right into another one plus it doesn't help Khabib uses the clinch and trips a lot in his arsenal. I'm not saying Aldo is small as he has stated he has been walking at 170 for a lot of his career but Khabib has tossed fighters who are bigger than Aldo once he got a hold of them. If this is a 5round fight there's a good chance Khabib stops him.

When's the last time Aldo has faded in the 3rd rd? He hasn't even had a fight go into the 3rd round since Edgar 2 when he outclassed him for 5 straight rounds.
Both max fights, do you even watch mma?

Aldo has amazing TDD, but Khabib is relentless with his takedowns and would get them. I think Khabib would put him against the fence and take him down there, but not be able to in the middle. Also one of Aldo's best attributes are his leg kicks, and it would be a huge risk to try and leg kick Khabib, because he would just shoot straight away.

Aldo hasnt used his leg kicks in forever. His boxing though looks to keep getting better.
You are correct. Height is not an advantage when It comes to wrestling. I’ve wrestled for 15 years made American junior Olympic team in high school. And if anyone needs further proof bc my word is not good enough look no further than Olympic wrestling. Cejudo and Romero are another examples. Shorter people have a lower center of gravity making it harder to control move and take them down. When’s the last time you’ve seen an Olympic wrestler looking like Jon Jones......

Yeah, this is what I have always heard on here, makes sense.

The weight categories are only 10 lbs difference, people exaggerating the size difference. It's documented that olympic 190 lb competers(who are probably actually 220+) could not take aldo down until he was tired.

Yeah, thats what I dont get. They act as if Aldo is a midget when he himself had trouble making weight at 145 and he himself has said before he will be moving up to 155 cause of it. Dude can easily add size to his frame in that six months. Find a good nutrition guy, takes his vitamins and drink his Juice :D and gain that 10 pounds.

Aldo would get destroyed, it would be a completely 1 sided fight. Khabib is far too big, and far too good.

Stopping big solid, 190 pound, 5'10 Kebab's relentless wrestling style is a hell of a lot different to defending a double leg from a tiny little 5'5 manlet, that Aldo is used to doing.

Not to mention he'd jab the shit out of Aldo and bust him up standing, like he did to raging Al.

I like Aldo, it's hard not to, but WEC was his prime. He's not only shopworn at this point, but he's ridiculously undersized at 155. He'd get fucking molested by the elite full size 155 pounders like Tony and Kebab, not unlike the Max fights.

come on bro, why are you exaggerating? Khabib is not 190 on fight night, stop with them lies. He doesnt cut 35 pounds to make 155. Hardly no one in the UFC cuts that match to make weight. These two would be closer in weight on fight night than you think. Aldo is also a pretty big FW. He has had documented videos of him struggling to make 145 I could easily see them being close to weight by 3-7 pounds on fight night.

Imo he would have gotten Barboza’d. Khabib is not Chad or Frankie.

Back