"I Would Beat Khabib" Says Two-Time Olympic Gold Medalist

Even if she could beat him with strict judo rules (and I DON'T think she could), it means nothing as far as MMA or even submission grappling. Christophe Leininger was an Olympic alternate judoka who fought in some early UFCs. Ken Shamrock stuffed his TD, cross-faced him like he was some guy off the street and pounded him out. And this was 1994 infant MMA (actually NHB back then).

There are a lot of ways to be automatically disqualified in judo (even just touching an opponent's leg is an automatic loss).

She has a good chance of him doing something like that and losing by penalties. She'd never throw him, and he'd easily throw her, but I could see him being disqualified simply from not knowing the rules.
He is a black belt Judoka and did amateur matches. He knows the rules.

Well, if she's around Khabib's weight and is some world class Judoka and Khabib isn't, then I suppose it's possible.

This is very different to Ronda saying she could Cain though.
True it is very different but Khabib isn't some nobody off the street with no Judo knowledge and would be much stronger than this young lady.

There's a reason men and women have separate divisions, that reason being if they didn't they wouldn't have the opportunity to perform on the highest stage like the Olympics, just look at the women's 100' Olympic record, it's not even fast enough to be a high school boys record. Kind of like how our extremely dominant multi gold medal winning national women's hockey team routinely losses to a JR B men's team when they scrimmage to prepare for world championships.

This, despite the young ladies bravado, ( though the goal was clearly just to get attention so mission accomplished) would look similar to when Mousasi toyed with Ronda in sparring.

Just out of curiosity....

Has anyone actually seen what a physical specimen this woman is, and have you seen her skills?

This is actually the real deal of women's MMA. She is without question the most talented female I've ever seen in MMA.

She has insane technique and is ridiculously strong while progressing very quickly in MMA. She's gong to run over anyone in front of her.
It's just too bad not many women actually fight at 165.

Now, I'm not saying she would beat Khabib in Judo, but many of you really should examine how good she actually is.

Just out of curiosity....

Has anyone actually seen what a physical specimen this woman is, and have you seen her skills?

This is actually the real deal of women's MMA. She is without question the most talented female I've ever seen in MMA.

She has insane technique and is ridiculously strong while progressing very quickly in MMA. She's gong to run over anyone in front of her.
It's just too bad not many women actually fight at 165.

Now, I'm not saying she would beat Khabib in Judo, but many of you really should examine how good she actually is.

The issue is that people remember Rousey (also an olympic judo medalist) yapping and Harrison gets lumped in with Ronda. When in reality, Kayla doesn't only have technique, she's also p4p likely one of the physically strongest women on the planet.

Again, she's still gonna be at way too big a physical disadvantage vs someone like Khabib, but I agree that people don't realize just how physically impressive she is.

FYI, she's actually talked about possibly being able to make 145. In 2 years maybe, Nunes vs Harrison could be the biggest fight in WMMA history if Kayla can make that weight.

True it is very different but Khabib isn't some nobody off the street with no Judo knowledge and would be much stronger than this young lady.

There's a reason men and women have separate divisions, that reason being if they didn't they wouldn't have the opportunity to perform on the highest stage like the Olympics, just look at the women's 100' Olympic record, it's not even fast enough to be a high school boys record. Kind of like how our extremely dominant multi gold medal winning national women's hockey team routinely losses to a JR B men's team when they scrimmage to prepare for world championships.

This, despite the young ladies bravado, ( though the goal was clearly just to get attention so mission accomplished) would look similar to when Mousasi toyed with Ronda in sparring.

I guess I stand corrected, then. Never would have thought the fastest olympic runners wouldn't even be able to compete with high school boys. That's pretty crazy.

Jabidi slaps her into a hijab.

I guess I stand corrected, then. Never would have thought the fastest olympic runners wouldn't even be able to compete with high school boys. That's pretty crazy.
Yeah dude I know, haha.

There are very few if any sports where the playing field is even close to level.

This thread got me wondering how difficult it would be to beat a judoka at judo if you are an other type of wrestler. And how much muscle/bone mass and body weight then actually matter.

Since judo is such a specific game with peculiar rules that probably take long to master

Any judoka's here?
Sambo guys learn judo. Every sambo guy in mma uses judo throws.

How did I know it was a woman before even opening the thread smh......

39400736_2207480762612578_8179223400812642304_o.0.jpg

It’s just banter. He knows her from high school

There really isn't when it comes to professional athletes.

The fastest woman on the planet is slower than top tier high school track stars. It's just biology.
Thank you for the lesson. I wrote that down.

First of all, she's not beating Khabib in judo or any other combat sport. Let's just get that out of the way.

But...

If you know anything about her, this isn't the same as when people were talking about Rousey/Cain or any of that idiocy. Harrison physically is MUCH different than Rousey:

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fbrianmazique%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F06%2FLOCO3437-1200x800.jpg

She is built more like a man. She's likely insanely physically strong for a woman. Still miles below someone like Khabib because it's just the way it is physiologically, but she's closer to Khabib than Ronda ever was to any 135 lb male fighter from a pure strength standpoint.

The other (and way more important imo) part of this is the fact that since she first phrases it as a question ("Am I gonna beat Khabib?"), that says she almost surely was ASKED about competing against Khabib (be it in judo or whatever). She didn't bring it up, the interviewer did. So, she gave her opinion. She thinks she could beat him in judo. She's wrong, but why is it a big deal that she has that confidence? I say good for her if she thinks she'd beat him.

Also, she is managed by Ali just like Khabib is. Pretty good chance Ali (who knows how to get media attention for his fighters) had a hand in setting this up to get Harrison more attention on the eve of Harrison starting her run to the $1m PFL tourney prize.

Agreed. Just be prepared for a biology lesson from Professor Taric. See his reply to my post in this thread. I'm no expert in either Judo or Sambo, but I do know they are different skill sets. She's a gold medalist and he's a black belt at judo. We can all assume he's stronger.

All I was saying it's different than the Ronda comparison(s).

Last edited:
If that's a pic of her someone posted earlier then she wont be beating USADA let alone Khabib

Back