Media Ian Garry not interested in fight vs MVP: "His number's (ranking) not higher than mine"

Its actually the best excuse. Compare it to your work life would you rather take a risky job that pays less but if you screw up you fuck up your pay for the next 1 to 2 years or would you rather take the more high paying job that has less risks as far as if you lose to a guy above, you lose a spot at most? Compared to a loss that will drastically change your pay? I know what i would do but people might differ on that.

Someone is fighting down in the rankings in literally every fight. It’s not a good excuse; it’s just straight up ducking.

That’s also a bad comparison, because it’s literally the same job for the same amount of money.

Magny was on a three day notice and his blatant running from Neal was embarrassing. For all the push he’s getting, when’s he gonna actually step up and perform?

Now he’s rank squatting in a high profile fight?

I don’t the hype bud.
Lol at the idiocy of this post. An undefeated fighter who has been working their way up can't rank squat.

Some of y'all are clearly looking for any excuse to hate on Garry.

Colby can say the same shit, always hated this dumb ass logic.

Lol at the idiocy of this post. An undefeated fighter who has been working their way up can't rank squat.

Imagine simping this hard for ian garry jesus, the guy has fought fucking no one he is overrated mouthpeice lucky for easy fights.

He gains nothing from fighting the number 13 guy, it wouldn't change his position in the division. The way it typically works is the top 10 guys have to be coming off a loss for a fight with someone outside the top 10 to make sesense.
It does alot for him, MVP is a name and held highly among casual/fans and company. It would likely be co-main event so there'd be alot exposure. Beating MVP is a boost to anyone's standing. Rankings don't mean shit when it comes to title shots and 1 impressive performance in the right fight can leap frog you to the front of the line

It does alot for him, MVP is a name and held highly among casual/fans and company. It would likely be co-main event so there'd be alot exposure. Beating MVP is a boost to anyone's standing. Rankings don't mean shit when it comes to title shots and 1 impressive performance in the right fight can leap frog you to the front of the line
Beating MVP doesn't mean shit and he wouldn't earn a title shot off that or move up in the rankings. Whereas beating someone like Colby would.

Garry doesn't have power, because he only cuts 10 pounds, while MVP is massive.
Garry can't wrestle him either because of that and he is no wrestler.

So he has to fight MVP's fight and will lose at that.

Looking for any excuse?

Ducking a main even caliber fight with a guy who’s far more recognized than him isn’t a valid reason to call him out?

Who should he fight? Washed Gilbert Burns with a ton of recent losses on his record solely for ranking?

Please leave MMA for the men little guy lol.

Ian hate real illogical here and lol. Ian said the same thing to Buckley face years ago when he called him out and Ian said you are ranked too low, this was couple years ago, when the Neal fight was booked the first time. This is on par for his logic and not ducking. But, someone is literally ranked higher in every fight, it just has to make sense for the higher ranked fighter to agree. If it doesn't correlate with objectives for the point in their career, they will decline. Highly doubt Ian is ducking, he just sees a Colby fight as winnable, plus the ranking. MVP had a higher number net to his name, Ian would take the fight.

He gains nothing from fighting the number 13 guy, it wouldn't change his position in the division. The way it typically works is the top 10 guys have to be coming off a loss for a fight with someone outside the top 10 to make sense.
Rankings mean nothing, MVP is way more popular than Garry, there's no comparison. You and I both know that's it's about popularity, not rankings. Even if MVP was ranked near Garry, Garry would still find a way to duck him, it's a terrible matchup for him and he knows it imo.

Last edited:
Everyone wants to go up not down i dont know what UFC can or will do about fighters only wanting to fight up but its natural. You dont want to fight put it all on the line and gain nothing from winning.

I'm with you on this most of the time, and I hate to take Gary's side... but he does have a pretty good UFC win streak going and maybe he should fight up the ranks until someone knocks him off.

Covington would love for those two blokes to fight, so that he could rank squat another 6 months or a year...

Whe someone has a 5 or 6 fight UFC winning streak going, they should face elite competition above them... Any other case, you get what your given.

You'd have to be an idiot to think a guy on a 7 fight win streak with 2 top 10 wins would be looking to fight a #13 ranked opponent. People who just lost fight down, not people on win streaks. This fight does nothing for him. If he wins he MVP suddenly becomes a guy who only beat cans and he gets no credit. MMA fans do that all the time.

Last edited:
Now cuck boy knows why people ranked above him have no interest in fighting him, no matter how much he whines.

Beating MVP doesn't mean shit and he wouldn't earn a title shot off that or move up in the rankings. Whereas beating someone like Colby would.
Based on that... why should Colby accept the fight?

Based on that... why should Colby accept the fight?
Because Colby should need wins at this point, and the more cemented the opponent, the better. Colby gets his shots off of being the popular guy when there's few options, so it serves him to remove anyone who could be a near future option

Back