Media Iaquinta vs Masival rounds 1 & 2 (spoiler alert: Masvidal was robbed)

Masvidal definitely won. It always comes to mind for terrible decisions.

Masvidal did it to himself again in that fight. He chose to coast after winning the first rather than go after Al in the last two rounds and got punished by the judges. I don't know why people were surprised at the decision.

Last edited:
Jorge boxed him up for 2 rounds but did nothing in the third, he just took the round off. You can't do that with these crazy judges.

Nothing new.

Everyone who saw that fight KNOWS it was a robbery. And a blatant one at that.

Even the fans made Al rage when they booed him out the Octagon post fight

Masvidal did it to himself again in that fight. He chose to coast after winning the first rather than go after Al in the last two rounds. I don't know why people were surprised at the decision.

They’re surprised because Iaquinta did ZERO damage to Masvidal and was used as a punching bag for the first two rounds before spamming a few leg kicks in the third.

Obviously the fans don’t want to see Jorge do that but he CLEARLY wont the first two rounds (one possible 10-8 when he dropped Iaquinta) and even the third round he took off could’ve arguably been scored for him, that’s how ineffective Iaquinta was lol.

<seedat>

Am I the only one who thought Masvidal threw that fight away by doing what he does best—Coasting?

I can see people giving it to Masvidal, but I can see people giving Al rounds 2 and 3.

Masvidal needs to stop being a coaster.

Am I the only one who thought Masvidal threw that fight away by doing what he does best—Coasting?

I can see people giving it to Masvidal, but I can see people giving Al rounds 2 and 3.

>giving Al rounds 2 and 3

Lol c’mon now.

I agree with you frustration about Masvidal coasting, but fans justifying blatant robberies is why they still happen in the sport today. Some people have just become complacent with them.

AAarrOZ.img

Hard to feel bad for a guy who has lost as many split decisions as Masvidal. He needs to be much more active in his fights and has paid the price

there was a period in Masvidals career where he robbed himself, talented fighter who for whatever reason wasnt as aggressive as he should have been and lost a bunch of decisions, then he went apeshit on ellenberger and cerrone and we were like thats what we are talking about, do that every time not the way you fought in those split decisions

Okay you can argue that he shouldn't coast, but that doesn't change the fact that he undoubtedly won the first two rounds. Don't try to rationalize bed decisions. That one wasn't even close. Fuck he even won the third round.

You can argue that numbers don't always tell the facts in certain cases, but if you watched the fight you know that Masvidal landed more shots, AND his shots were more damaging. Jorge even took him down and landed ground and pound and Al was 0-9 in takedowns.

jorgeal.png

jorgeal.png

They’re surprised because Iaquinta did ZERO damage to Masvidal and was used as a punching bag for the first two rounds before spamming a few leg kicks in the third.

Obviously the fans don’t want to see Jorge do that but he CLEARLY wont the first two rounds (one possible 10-8 when he dropped Iaquinta) and even the third round he took off could’ve arguably been scored for him, that’s how ineffective Iaquinta was lol.

<seedat>

As I recall, he took off both the 2nd and the 3rd. I remember thinking that I wouldn't be surprised if Al won on points due to Masvidal coasting when he could have battered Al. He does it when he's ahead and it bites him in the ass again and again.

Al aggression was rewarded by the judges and Masvidal's coasting was punished.

Last edited:
Okay you can argue that he shouldn't coast, but that doesn't change the fact that he undoubtedly won the first two rounds. Don't try to rationalize bed decisions. That one wasn't even close. Fuck he even won the third round.

You can argue that numbers don't always tell the facts in certain cases, but if you watched the fight you know that Masvidal landed more shots, AND his shots were more damaging. Jorge even took him down and landed ground and pound and Al was 0-9 in takedowns.

jorgeal.png

jorgeal.png

I don't think it was a bad decision; i think it was a close fight. Masvidal was on the back foot far too much in the second round getting kicked hard. Aggression matters.

Blatant robbery. Glad we’re bringing it up, as everyone is now a little too high on Al.

Round 1: 10-8 Masvidal
Round 2: 10-9 Masvidal
Round 3: 10-9 Iaquinta (but only due to lack of activity from Masvidal) —this is the closest round.

I legitimately felt bad for Jorge when the decision was read and that rarely happens with me.

>giving Al rounds 2 and 3

Lol c’mon now.

I agree with you frustration about Masvidal coasting, but fans justifying blatant robberies is why they still happen in the sport today. Some people have just become complacent with them.

AAarrOZ.img

I really don't think it was a blatant robbery. I thought it was a close fight. AI's aggression and leg kicks were the difference in the final two rounds. I'm fine with people giving it to masvidal, but I don't understand how some people can't see why AI would take it on the judges score cards.

Back