If anyone is planning on ever exploring caves as a hobby- watch this first

Yeah, I absolutely do not get it. There's no prize at the end of the tunnel. Except cave.
Yeah. If it was less squeezing and there was actually something to see, I could get behind it. But there isn’t. It’s just squeezing through ricks to see more rocks.

On Disney+ there was a documentary of what I think they said was exploration of the deepest cave. It was such a long stretch that they have various checkpoints with stored supplies and separate mini-teams/shifts. Some of the passages you could barely squeeze past in some strange awkward position where I'd look at that and abort.

Bit of controversy around this video as the guy didn't really do his own research and ripped someone elses, but it's worth a watch.

People like to clown about Darwin awards when someone dies pushing the limits or doing something seemingly foolish, but without these kinds of risk takers humanity advances (evolves, you might say) at a much slower rate.

You need these kinds of fearless odd balls, or who is going to be the first parachute jumper, deep sea welder, skyscraper worker, etc.?

That said, rough way to go, and I'd never be doing that sort of thing, even though I thoroughly enjoy a good adventure.

To some extent yes, but there's a limit.

The first guy to jump out of a plane with a parachute is a trailblazer, the first guy to jump out of a plane to see if he can fly is an idiot.

Adventure+science+planning >>>> reckless risk taking.

The idea of being stuck and perishing is of course an ultimate nightmare, but I find the idea of one of my friends being stuck and being unable to rescue them all while having to lie to them and keep reassuring them that it’s going to be ok equally horrible

just think, to this day...his skeleton is upside down in that closed off cave...

:eek:
Better than stinking up the place, just think of all the meals that body will provide to all the strange exotic creatures........... He will be like cave Sushi.....

whats strange, is that these stories are ABSOLUTLEY HORRIFYING but i cant help but watch them all, like a sick drug

whats strange, is that these stories are ABSOLUTLEY HORRIFYING but i cant help but watch them all, like a sick drug

Ermm maybe there's some wonderful drug that can be extracted from that cave Sushi??? Just think how much it would be worth, extracting that sushi alone would push the price up.

Maybe if they used scary names for the caves like Death Valley or Last Life Pass instead of cute kids names like Nutty Putty or Cotton Candy Ridge, then maybe..............just maybe people would stop exploring there.

Back