If DC had beaten Jon Jones in both fights decisively, would he be unanimous GOAT

DC has an extremely solid record, but the cloud of Jon has and will always be over him.
Had he split the fights or won both decisively would he be considered goat by majority of fans?

I get the 2nd fight was No contest, but I'm referring to if he had UD or finished him.

DC won the Strikeforce HW grandprix
UFC LhW gold and UFC HW gold.

Hes already a GOAT.

If he had beat Jones, hed arguably have the best resume of any fighter ever, period.

Yes, he would've beaten the greatest UFC HW of all time and the greatest LHW of all time, don't think anyone has beaten two divisional GOATS in their division.

Probably and if Jones didn’t exist, we’d be talking about DC’s run at LHW and calling him the most dominant LHW ever and possibly GOAT. Sucks for DC that Jon was just better.
No we wouldnt
Jon convinced DC to drop down
If jon didnt exist, DC would have never dropped down to LHW.

If Gus had never lost a single fight he'd be undefeated.

He wouldn’t have fought Caín so as long as Caín was active, he wouldn’t.
No need to fight cain.
Cain lost the title to Werdum at 2015.
Same year DC beat Humble and Gus.
But we missed out on seeing prime DC beat up Francis and Stipe. When he returned to HW he was deteriorating.

people have no idea how talented dc was viewed rising up pre-mma. People throwing around Bo Nikal’s wrestling credentials, DC was winning every national wrestling gold medal 6 years in a row.

Probably and if Jones didn’t exist, we’d be talking about DC’s run at LHW and calling him the most dominant LHW ever and possibly GOAT. Sucks for DC that Jon was just better.
Sucks that Jon was in steroids.

Boy, the mods sure do hate when you point out the documented fact that DC’s bloodwork for UFC 182 showed he had 16-23x the normal levels of testosterone a human should have.

I’m one of the biggest silva nuthuggers on the board but Cormier is a horrible matchup for him. I wouldn’t count silva out in any fight, ever but facing a HW champion and Olympic calibre wrestler probably wouldn’t go well for him.

I think he’d match up better with Jones than he would DC. He would have been a dominant champ at 205 before Jones for sure if he was allowed though Jones and DC would be bad matchups for him, I think DC would be worse.

A past prime Silva almost stopped him on a single body shot kick. Prime Silva KOs him worse thsn Pecgogram Jones.

Stylistically yes. It's a horrible match. Peak Silva was a ruthless assassin.

DC has an extremely solid record, but the cloud of Jon has and will always be over him.
Had he split the fights or won both decisively would he be considered goat by majority of fans?

I get the 2nd fight was No contest, but I'm referring to if he had UD or finished him.
If he had beaten Jon then beaten Stipe and retired double champ, yes.

Yeah and if Nogueira had beat Fedor twice decisevely, or BJ had beat GSP twice decisively.

At LHW yeah. But the losses to Stipe prevent him from being HW GOAT and proved Stipe superior.

His record is good but he did avoid a lot of top HWs like Ubereem, Werdum, Ngannou, Blaydes all of them would beat him if you ask me.

I see him beating Francis tbh similar to how he did Lewis

You do know they also fought at UFC 182, right? Where Jones passed his random blood tests with low/normal testosterone levels AND additional carbon isotope testing that definitively proved he wasn't taking exogenous testosterone for that fight?

Jon's also beaten him at a press conference brawl for UFC 178, where while the fight was eventually cancelled as Jon got injured, he never failed any tests leading up to that either.

You can't sit here and say you don't know what would happen if Jones were "clean" as we have that twice already.

And before you go ahead and throw out the validity of those earlier tests, I'd caution against opening that can of worms seeing as DC's own tests for UFC 182 had him sitting at 16-23x the normal levels of testosterone for a human male AND unlike Jones he never had the additional carbon isotope testing done on them. Which, had he somehow passed given his superhuman levels, would've made him a medical marvel with the highest natural levels of testosterone in all of human history. And he still lost in spite of that.

Jon's just the better fighter. It's literally how he tricked DC into leaning into a headkick.
Fact: we know Jon Jones cheats.

Fact: we know Jon Jones cheats.

Fact: we know DC’s testosterone levels were 16-23x the natural level of a human male when they fought at UFC 182 and DC also lost, meanwhile Jones were in the low/normal range and he passed a carbon isotope test proving his were natural while DC never had this test done in his abnormal levels.

why is this up omg wut if wut if DC have nothing for Jone

He may be the goat with a single win against Jon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back