If Dustin Poirier retired today do you think he's worthy of the HOF?

Seahawks Fan

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I feel like Dustin is one of those borderline fighters for HOF. He's been in so many big and memorable fights and has a few great wins to his name. But he's never won the real title and got dominated in both of his title shots for the real belt. I would be tempted to vote yes because he was so entertaining in his career, but I totally would understand why others would vote no.

Dustin Poirier

Notable wins: Holloway 2x, Conor 2x, Chandler, Alvarez, Gaethje, Pettis.

Accomplishments: Interim LW champion. 15 fight night bonuses.

Last edited:
Not in my opinion. He's an awesome fighter, but he was always missing that one thing. I can't say what that thing is either. He just couldn't win the big one when it counted. Probably will get in though. It's all subjective.

No. You can’t just let everyone in. He’s a shoe in for the hot sauce hall of fame though.

Looking just at his wins yeah. UFC HOF is a joke anyways.

Sure. All of his notable wins came against washed versions of those opponents except for Justin, who he caught before his final form. But it's still a great non-champion resume.

I feel like Dustin is one of those borderline fighters for HOF. He's been in so many big and memorable fights and has a few great wins to his name. But he's never won the real title and got dominated in both of his title shots for the real belt. I would be tempted to vote yes because he was so entertaining in his career, but I totally would understand why others would vote no.

Dustin Poirier

Notable wins: Holloway 2x, Conor 2x, Chandler, Alvarez, Gaethje, Pettis.

Accomplishments: Interim LW champion. 15 fight night bonuses.
I feel like you should put a * at the bottom of this post explaining to all sherdoggers that the UFC HOF is pretty atypical (compared to HOF's folks are more used to in other sports) and not necessarily based on merit. It will clean up the conversation a lot.

Unless you want a messy conversation, of course.

Deep down sure most of these fans know this. But many tend to forget. So lots of people will answer based on criteria for what they think a HOF should be, not what this HOF actually is.

Back