If Dustin Poirier retired today do you think he's worthy of the HOF?

Too bad he was in a so-called lesser division too (FW) and still didn't win anything.

Charles Oliveira didn't win anything too in the so-called lesser divisions but at least win something in the LW division.
I guess you forgot to mention the FW goat got demolished in under a round when he entered the LW division , the second best FW of all time got crushed there too by some guy from Louisiana, I wish I could remember his name. Hahaha

Maybe so, but since I'm a sherdogger I'm programmed to actually hate the fighters who fight hard; and especially ones who fight for finishes and really leave it all in the octagon.
More hate points for men/women who've been around the top of their division for the better part of a decade and go to decision in <1/3 of their fights.

So no, he doesn't deserve the HOF.

True Sherdogger sir lol

Well we know McGregor will be in the HOF. Poirier beat a HOFamer x2, surely that alone qualifies him?

For sure.... UFC Hall of Fame is pretty easy to make though.

I don't see how you can still put people in the HOF who never even won the belt.

Fine for some of the pioneers but not nowadays.

For sure.... UFC Hall of Fame is pretty easy to make though.
Yeah. Almost entirely subjective with Dana's preferences given decisive weight.

TS could have just as easily asked, "Well Sherbros, does Dana want Dustin in the HOF or not?" lol

Yeah. Not only because of his elite wins and accomplishments but also because every fight he's in is great for years on end. Let's show some appreciation for that as fans...

Yes, he has a lot of fame due to his accomplishments and involvement in the sport. He should be inducted, IMO. Simple as.

Last edited:
He's definitely in imo.
It's easy to see why champions get their place, but being a dynamic & exciting fighter perpetually in teh top of teh division for a decade is worthy. Add to that a rather long career which he actually earned an interim belt.

Perhaps he could be teh HOF Gatekeeper <45>

Back