If Fedor fought in the UFC instead of Pride

Do these idiots think USADA was around since the inception of the UFC???

Before July 1,2015 they had bellator level testing that people in here so often make fun of lol.Before that it was a free for all so let's just relax with the BS steroids storyline like Tim Sylvia and everyone else wasn't doing exactly what was being done in japan...

The entire time PRIDE was operating it had the better HW division there is no question there at all as rankings from that era will a test to this.

Everyone who actually watched mma during fedors era knows the UFC only had Arlovski and big timmeh playing tug o war with the belt aside from that there weren't many elite hws.Its very clear the depth at PRIDE was much better then the Ufc.Fedor may have fought some jobbers early in his career but everyone starts off fighting low level when your 0-0 yourself.He had 3 freak fights on new years eve events for the Japanese audience and ppl hold on to those 3 like that's the majority of his career.........completely incorrect.

Had fedor fought in the UFC he'd have wins over guys like Eilers,Buentello,Mcgee etc.He finished arlovski and sylvia and frank mir so whst evs.Fedor I think is the one guy no matter which direction he took people would call him out for some BS.

Anyone arguing the UFC had the better HW division during PRIDEs ERA is absolutely the dumbest person I've ever met.

That was always my argument too. People act like UFC was always the one and only MMA promotion. There was a period where they were #2 like a Bellator and didn't have a great roster. PRIDE had the best fighters in the world and Fedor was fighting them.

I can see an argument being made that after PRIDE died that Fedor should have went to the UFC but it just never worked out. He and his team wanted a boxing-like contract where he owned everything and was just sort of licensed to them. That was never going to work and UFC wouldn't cave. They just weren't made for each other.

And was beating the likes of Justin Eilers, Paul Bunetello and Jeff Monson would you have respected him more?
What are you talking about man Paul buentello was awesome. Don't fear him! ........

fear the consequence.

I wanna hear what the haters gotta say

Lol no.

He's a year older than Brock, Barnett, and Werdum and is younger than Carwin.

His Pride debut was Jun 2002. Within 6 years of making that debut in the UFC, he'd have the 4 guys mentioned above as well as Cain and JDS.

All except Barnett would be favored.
Cain and jds were infants in their career and would have been huge underdogs... Fedor was scheduled to fight Barnett and did fight werdum. Only one on your list he missed out on is Brock but he would have been smashed by fedor

Yep it's a complicated issue. UFC fighters from back then also can't be compared to the fighters of today. But back then, fighters had no idea if they were going to get tested. If they were going to cheat, they had to plan their cycles and be clean for fight time. Big difference to fighters that were able to take steroids the day of the fight. Not to mention pride had different rules and was run by mafia and had fixed fights. Too many differences and presumptions to compare.

Pride was run by the YAKUZA........

It was the UFC that was run by the mafia......fertitas in fact have ties to the mafia.....

Any thoughts???

Cain and jds were infants in their career and would have been huge underdogs... Fedor was scheduled to fight Barnett and did fight werdum. Only one on your list he missed out on is Brock but he would have been smashed by fedor

Brock would've besmirched him worse than Bigfoot. By '09, Cain and JDS were legit contenders. People were saying Cain would've beaten Couture for the belt when he was fighting Denis Stojnic...

And he would have.

Brock KO'd Randt in his 4th fight.

Fedor would have established a HW defense record that would have stood for a very long time. Much longer than Sylvia’s. He wouldn’t be as respected tho. Without Fedor, Pride would still have the deeper HW division by a wide margin. He would have been labeled a can crusher in the UFC as well.

I would say that's correct. Either way he can't win, other than having a record that no other HW in any other org can get within a bulls roar of.

They are definitely legit compared to other orgs that don't test. I'm not against steroids but you can't compare fighters that were tested and ones that weren't. You can't possibly say it's the same thing.

Let me destroy your argument with three pictures:

Pride HW champion (in a non-tested organization):

5828.jpg

UFC HW champion (in a supposedly "clean, tested American MMA environment")

lesnar.jpg

Strikeforce HW Champion (in a supposedly "clean, tested American MMA environment")

Overeem-Pesagem.jpg

But go on...... tell me how Pride wasn't legit because they allowed steroids while they were "drug testing" in the U.S. <Y2JSmirk>

Brock would've besmirched him worse than Bigfoot. By '09, Cain and JDS were legit contenders. People were saying Cain would've beaten Couture for the belt when he was fighting Denis Stojnic...

And he would have.

Brock KO'd Randt in his 4th fight.

By 2009?

At the beginning of 2009 Cain's biggest win was Jake O'Brien.

At the beginning of 2009 JDS had fought once in the UFC.

Yup. Top contenders for sure.

He would be as respected as UFC goats Timmy and Ricco were

when fedor fought MW hendo he ended up face down ass up...

just imagine what todays HW would do to him?

i think fedor would beat brock though easy, same with couture. He owned mir despite fedor being crap today.

Hendo is an all-time GOAT fighter and there wasn't even that big of a size difference.

GSP got knocked out by T-Rex Serra.
Anderson Silva got tapped out by Daiju Takase and Ryo Chonan.
JDS got tapped out by Joaquim Ferreira.
Conor McGregor got tapped out by Artemij Sitenkov.
Randy Couture got knocked out by MW Lyoto Machida.
Chuck Liddell got knocked out by MW Rich Franklin.
Mark Hunt got knocked out by MW Melvin Manhoef.

Losing to Hendo isn't as embarrassing as you'd like to think it is. Especially when he's loaded up on TRT like he was for pretty much all of his big wins.

Even out side UFC, Fedor is 8-1 vs UFC former champs..

uf205ty5waq01.png

By 2009?

At the beginning of 2009 Cain's biggest win was Jake O'Brien.

At the beginning of 2009 JDS had fought once in the UFC.

Yup. Top contenders for sure.

Ummm yea...brock won the belt in his 3rd fight.

And that one fight for JDS was friggin Werdum.

And Jake O'Brien beats every Pride opponent of Fedor besides Nog and CroCop. He did beat Herring---one of Fedor's "elite" wins.

Fedor ducked Lesnar and Overeem when offers were made.

He's a joke.

Ummm yea...brock won the belt in his 3rd fight.

And that one fight for JDS was friggin Werdum.

And Jake O'Brien beats every Pride opponent of Fedor besides Nog and CroCop. He did beat Herring---one of Fedor's "elite" wins.

Do your parents make you wear a helmet?

They probably should because you're exceptionally stupid.

He would have been the best ever.
Just like he's been christened now.
Dana might have even taken him over the pond with Chuck to prove it.

Do your parents make you wear a helmet?

They probably should because you're exceptionally stupid.

Ok...c'mon you little emotional turd.

Counter my point then instead of name callung and insulting...tell me which of Fedor's Pride opponents was head and shoulders above Jake O'Brien.

O'Brien was 10-1 (4-1 UFC) when Cain beat him.

He's currently 19-4... wait til you the list of scrubs he lost to: Arlovski, Cain, Bones, and Moose.

Yea, he's no fuckin Lindland, or HMC, or Zulu...etc.

Last edited:
People will find a way to discredit any fighters, no matter what they've done or who they've fought. Everybody is a can crusher to Sherdog.

Back