If I had to eat one cuisine for the rest of my life I would choose…

I can find a time for cuisines from all around the world as I love eating but the only cuisine I crave at any time is the one made in Northern Spain: Basque country, Galicia, Asturias,... beef, seafood, fish, game... everything is top notch quality; very wide variety of cheeses too (42 only in Asturias)
Some other user has already posted this site before, but as you can see 3 of the top 4 best restaurants in the world in its ranking are from Spain and there are plenty others in the list. Basques especially have been at the top for decades now...
https://www.theworlds50best.com/list/1-50

Last edited:
I'd say Spanish. I don't think it's the best food in the world necessarily but I'm familiar with it and I like it. It's different but not miles away from what I eat normally in the way that something like Indonesian food would be. Also I wouldn't have to buy any new cooking equipment. It's normally quite simple to make as well.

A lot of British people who go on holiday to places like the Costa Del Sol famously won't eat the local food. Not something I understand to be honest they act like it's all cephalopods in their own ink when actually in most Spanish restaurants you'll find some variation of pork and chips (some of these are kind of mid tier like huevos rotos con chorizo/chistorra/jamon or absolutely delicous like braised pig cheeks). Maybe it's because they refuse to understand any of the language.

The main downsides are that it only very rarely has any heat to it (sometimes people think it's a bit like Mexican food in this regard when it really isn't) and the bread is generally not as good as French and German.

Last edited:
lol, I was in the jungle eating chicken and rice three times a day. Sometimes with some cooked plantains. On one occasion I was sitting in a poncho in the rain eating chicken and rice lol. I wasn't big on fish at the time. The guide joked that I was going to start growing feathers from all the chicken I was eating.

Yeah, if you're gonna be roughing it and doing mostly outdoor shit, the food will be very basic and rustic.

Overall, the food in the rainforest/jungle region is good, but kinda limited. In Lima it's great.

I can find a time for cuisines from all around the world as I love eating but the only cuisine I crave at any time is the one made in Northern Spain: Basque country, Galicia, Asturias,... beef, seafood, fish, game... everything is top notch quality; very wide variety of cheeses too (42 only in Asturias)
Some other user has already posted this site before, but as you can see 3 of the top 4 best restaurants in the world in its ranking are from Spain and there are plenty others in the list. Basques especially have been at the top for decades now...
https://www.theworlds50best.com/list/1-50

Spanish food is tremendously underrated. Every time I've been to a Spanish restaurant, it's been amazing.

To me, variety is one of the biggest things that makes a cuisine great and Spain has tons of that. My favorite tapas spot had like 30 different dishes.

Probably Italian / Mediterranean. Clean, tasty and sustainable food.

Back