If I had to eat one cuisine for the rest of my life I would choose…

Outside of the 4 you mentioned in the OP. I'd say Japanese food would be my #1.

Surely the Sherdog answer is Argentinian?

Parrilla-outdoors-campo-1024x683.jpg

Mexican, without a doubt. Hell, I damned near eat it all the time already.

I would love it to be Mexican but it would make me fat as fuck. I would pick Japanese.

Coin flip between Mexican and Italian.

Came to say this. Though the whole of Japanese cuisine isn’t my favorite. But sushi and sashimi is something I could eat every day for the rest of my life and never tire of.

Just the other day, I ordered poke for the first time in a while. And then I ordered it again the next day. And again the next.
Had toro and tonkonsu ramen today.

Going out for the same thing tomorrow lol.

Vietnamese. Asian style, know how to cook meats, and combine with fresh greens. Lots of soup/pho options as well.

Not too heavy like Chinese.

I love indian and Italian but the pasta/rice would leave me the size of a blimp

You are definitely missing something if you think Peruvian is anything like other South American countries. It's an incredibly varied cuisine with an asian influence.

Cerviche is my go to but there are so many good dishes. They have something like 300 types of local potatoes. Seafood, fish, chicken, chinese/japanese influenced dishes etc

Tried Cuy and it wasn't that good lol.
Black ceviche is awesome.

Two of my favorite restaurants ever are in Peru. One is in Lima and the other is in the middle of the Amazon River, like literally . You have to get there by boat there is no other way.

I was out Iquitos way so I didn't see much like that. I heard there was deep fried Guinea pig but I think that was out near Cusco. So yeah, looks like I missed out.
Iquitos is cool. You can get to the restaurant in the river from there if you take a boat.

The shows in the town square are cool too. Did you check out the Cajun restaurant there?? Guy from New Orleans owns it.

Head to Lima next time. That's like comparing the food in New York to some backwards slum. Specially in third world countries, the food scene is in the big city.
There are some bad ass places to eat in Iquitos. It should be a stop if you have reason to for the food alone in exploring Peru.

Back