If Max beats the two fighters he lost to

Aldo > GSP
Max > Aldo

MAX? hahahahaa. also aldo COULD have been greater than GSP but he shit the bed with the mcgregor loss. also they didn't allow him to fight pettis to be double champ

MAX? hahahahaa. also aldo COULD have been greater than GSP but he shit the bed with the mcgregor loss. also they didn't allow him to fight pettis to be double champ

Hm
check your own sig.

Hm
check your own sig.
like many. the only non cheaters are aldo and MM. aldo only had that fence grab against chad and then seconds later chad did a very similar takedown that aldo quickly got back up. also he beat him twice. not sure if he has more fouls than that. MM I think he never cheated, but not exactly sure too. now jones, GSP, anderson even fedor. they all had cheating instances

I personally find the conor rematch intriguing. The term "a totally different fighter" is thrown around a lot, but it's vary accurate when describing max. He's made enormous strides in his striking since that fight. Conor has probably improved some but is very much the same. Id argue his defense made have actually degraded a bit.

A poirer rematch doesn't really interest ne though. I don't think poirer has anything for max now.

like many. the only non cheaters are aldo and MM. aldo only had that fence grab against chad and then seconds later chad did a very similar takedown that aldo quickly got back up. also he beat him twice. not sure if he has more fouls than that. MM I think he never cheated, but not exactly sure too. now jones, GSP, anderson even fedor. they all had cheating instances

all those are barely cheating in mma.

Max has 3 losses, but for the sake of the argument let's pretend he only lost to Poirier and McG.

He would have to defend his title 8 more times, beat McGregor (once or twice) and beat Poirier (once or twice), then go up to LW and beat the champion there. Let that sink in for a second... Max already has a great resume, but he would need to do all those things to be EVEN with GSP.

That just goes to show how absolutely insane and untouchable GSP's resume is.

InB4 Max has lost three times...

Yeah. Does not matter anyway. He will never see Conor or bermudez again. Burmudez has dropped 4 straight and Conor has lost it.

I've said on here before just recently how the Bermudez robbery annoys me still to this day since he won't ever avenge that "loss"

I’m not a GSP fan , but Max has a long way to go to reach that level .... let’s all calm the fuck down a bit

Max isn’t anywhere near Goat status .... this is getting silly

He should be considered on the same status level as GSP.

Just like how GSP avenged his losses against Hughes and Serra, only thing GSP will have more than Max are title defenses. Ok another advantage GSP has is almost never losing any rounds.

Despite those differences, Holloway finishes lots of his fights. GSP is one of my all time faves, just making a statement that Max will deserve that elite status if he avenged his two losses in the UFC.
This "GSP avenged his losses" is the most ridiculous crap I've ever seen.

GSP did because the people who beat him were on his way back to the belt. That is it.
It would make absolutely no sense to have Max fight Bermudez now. He lost 4 straight!!
So please explain to me why it would make any sense to give him a title shot.

That is the same reason why Silva wouldn't rematch Azeredo or Takase or Chonan. They were not only unworthy of rematching him, they were not in the UFC.

So this "he avenged his losses" is a stupid point.
Max has no reason to even attempt to avenge his losses. he evolved. those guys stayed behind. they are irrelevant now.

Back