If Stipe somehow beats Jones, where do you rank him at HW all-time?

If Stipe somehow beats Jones, where do you rank him at HW all-time?

• Total voters
Stipe got knocked the fuck out by Stephan Struve at 30 years old, 10 fights into his career.

Fedor lost to Hendo 11 years and 35 fights into his career. You refer to Hendo as a MW because it's meant to disparage Fedor because you're a clown who's looking for attention. Fedor has a small frame and isn't any bigger than Shogun or Wand on fight night and they also got knocked out by Hendo who's an all time great and one of the P4P hardest hitters ever. Hendo was on the best run of his career when he beat Fedor who had lost his last 2 in a row and was on a clear decline.

You paint it like Fedor was some Ngannou sized HW who lost to some to some tiny MW. The reality is you're a moron. Here is Fedor next to Zabit who fought at 145. As you can see someone with this kind of a frame doesn't have much size on Dan Henderson. Shertards like you dumb this forum down..smh

View attachment 999638

There aren't "frame classes" in combat sports.

Fedor fought at HW, Dan Henderson fought at MW and was 40.

It's just a fact.

Reactions: Kb7
At the age of 30 years old Stipe was TKO'd by Stefan Struve with a record of 9-1.
At the age of 30 years old Fedor had a record of 28–1, with his sole loss coming from a cut between rounds.

... even today, Fedor has a better win percentage than Stipe does career wise.

Stipe is 20–4 (83.3% win percentage)
Feodr is 40–7 (85.1% win percentage)

Going after Fedor's losses is absurd when Stipe has more losses than Fedor does based on the number of the fights they've had. That's not an opinion, that's just math.
Math wasnt mentioned.

Simply, the premise that a HW GOAT was rendered unconscious by a 40 year old MW was.

Fedor got beat by a legit middleweight
He got knocked out by mitrione

Nah
Each of these heavyweights have tough losses on their record. It’s MMA, we rarely see people get away with no losses, especially when it’s fellers of tjay size

1. Fedor
2. Cro Cop
3. Big Nog
4. Francis
5. Cain
6. Werdum
7. Overeem
8.. JDS
9. Stipe
10. Hunt

He's in the top ten.
You have Francis at 4??
And Stipe at 9??...and plz don't tell me that's your list if Stipe beats JJ.

What is wrong with you?

Last edited:
He’d be arguably beck-and-neck with Fedor if he beat Jones. If he somehow managed to get an additional title defense or two after that, it’d be hard to deny him #1.

He'll be #1. You can argue about Fedor but I just compartmentalize them cause he was never in the UFC, to me there's no point.

He's probably already the UFC GOAT HW anyway, Fedor still the MMA GOAT even if Stipe wins.

1. Fedor
2. Cro Cop
3. Big Nog
4. Francis
5. Cain
6. Werdum
7. Overeem
8.. JDS
9. Stipe
10. Hunt

He's in the top ten.

No way Francis is that high

4. Werdum
5. Stipe
6. Cain
7. JDS
8. Reem
9. AA
10. Barnett

Stipe was always top 3. He really has the most title defenses for HW.

Let me simplify it for you in that case, Stipes strength of schedule: only ever has wins over out of prime or not in prime yet guys and geriatric relics from Fedors era.
What exactly is “Fedors Era” according to you? What is the criteria to be considered in his “era.”

Because to me would be the years they started fighting.

Because when Fedor loss to the likes of Werdum, Fedor was suddenly out of his prime, Werdum by all accounts is from “Fedors Era.”
but fans make it out like Werdum was some young up and coming fighter.

Gonzaga beat a Cro Cop coming off the best year 1/2 of his entire career when he he arguably in his prime.

But like all things about PrideFC fighters, they’re out of their prime once they hit early 30’s or how some people talk about Shogun being out of his prime at 25 when he lost to Griffin in 07. Instead of saying the better fighting won, it’s always X fighter was out of his prime. Griffin X Shogun fight, Griffin was older, equal fights and started his career a year earlier and was already 6 fights in before Shogun started his career.

So I ask you, what do you consider era’s when you talk about certain fighters?

Last edited:
What exactly is “Fedors Era” according to you? What is the criteria to be considered in his “era.”

Because to me would be the years they started fighting.

Because when Fedor loss to the likes of Werdum, Fedor was suddenly out of his prime, Werdum by all accounts is from “Fedors Era.”
but fans make it out like Werdum was some young up and coming fighter.

Gonzaga beat a Cro Cop coming off the best year 1/2 of his entire career when he he arguably in his prime.

But like all things about PrideFC fighters, they’re out of their prime once they hit early 30’s or how some people talk about Shogun being out of his prime at 25 when he lost to Griffin in 07. Instead of saying the better fighting won, it’s always X fighter was out of his prime. Griffin X Shogun fight, Griffin was older, equal fights and started his career a year earlier and already 6 fights before started his career.

So I ask you, what do you consider era’s when you talk about certain fighters?
Do you even mma? Let’s see AA is from Fedors era. They peaked at about the same time too.

AA btw is actually still doing very good and was on a nice little run until recently so it tells about the quality of the era Stipe fought in.

Werdum, Reem, Big Ben, hunt, AA, Nelson, etc are all from the Fedor era.

about your Pride obsession please note:
1) ufc owns Pride. So it’s a ufc product now.
2) Pride guys when they came actually over took most of the belts lol past their prime and what not. Just won the belts under new rules and a cage instead of a ring.
3) Pride fighter Anderson Silva became UFCs greatest champion after getting subbed via flying shit by some Japanese guys in his youth and prime.

I don't think they are in their primes anymore either, but with their recent records and such I guess it would be easy to spin the narrative that either guy winning is still a top level win.

I think for the most part, people think Jones will walk through Stipe and dominate him. I personally think that Stipe will look better than expected while Jones wont look as good as expected. While I think it will be a good fight, I think it will go 5 rounds and be competitive, but will show both guys best years are behind em. Which will pretty much prove our perspective that both guys are passed it.

I'm actually in the same boat as the people who think Jones will go through Stipe rather easily, but I do hope we get a competitive 5 round fight!

Reactions: JKS
Do you even mma? Let’s see AA is from Fedors era. They peaked at about the same time too.

AA btw is actually still doing very good and was on a nice little run until recently so it tells about the quality of the era Stipe fought in.

Werdum, Reem, Big Ben, hunt, AA, Nelson, etc are all from the Fedor era.

So you still didn’t give me a criteria of how fighters are in “Fedors Era.”? Is it in the year span they started their careers, amount of fights? Amount of cans they crushed? Come on man, it’s pretty simple so I can gauge what side of the spectrum of nuthugging & nostalgia you reside on.

about your Pride obsession please note:
1) ufc owns Pride. So it’s a ufc product now.
2) Pride guys when they came actually over took most of the belts lol past their prime and what not. Just won the belts under new rules and a cage instead of a ring.

Lol, who are you talking about? Shogun
Rampage
Werdum

Took over the belts huh? 2 weight classes? Yes, PrideFC fighters best came in and took most of the belts.
What about there actual best fighters at the time? Wanderlei, Gomi, Cro Cop, Fedor?

Wanderlei was a roided(fact) out fighter beating fighters who should have never been in the ring with him. He’s one of the more overrated fighters if not the most overrated fighter ever.

Gomi was never number 1 ever at LW at any point, It was always Bj Penn, then Henderson & now Khabib.

Cro Cop?
Less than 7months removed from his greatest run in winning a OWGP, looked absolutely lackluster against Eddie Sanchez & Gonzaga. Must’ve been out of his Prime? At 33, 7 months later difficulty against actual legit compeition, goes back to Japan goes on a win streak…returns to the states starts losing again. It isn’t out of his Prime, its the competition.

Werdum was always going to be successful in the states, his fighting style catered more to the US unified rules..

3) Pride fighter Anderson Silva became UFCs greatest champion after getting subbed via flying shit by some Japanese guys in his youth and prime.
Lol, the fucking cope for a dead org, Anderson Silva was never a just a one org type of fighter and claiming him as a PrideFC is just wanting to add more to your nostalgic jerk off session, he has the same amount of fights in PrideFC(5) as Mecca(5) then Cage Rage(4). Anderson Silva has always been a international fighter and he made his name and stood out in his Cage Rage wins over Murray, Rivera and that elbow Ko against Fryklund. I wonder what “org” Gerard Mousasi is coupled in with you, is he PrideFC, Dream, Bellator, UFC?

Yes, Anderson Silva lost to Chonan. That happened, it’s not about how you start it’s about what you establish in your comeback, Anderson Silva cemented his status at the GOAT at MW, Chonan went on to….1/3 record in the same org while Anderson Silva left that loss in the past & went to on to be GOAT.

Maybe Fedor would have benefited in a loss early on on his career, that would’ve ignited some fire for him to improve his already good skills, instead he got complacent while other fighters trained with elite training partners, coaches and against good competition which gave them a reason to improve.

Fedor is the same as Ben Askren. Never had to improve their skills due to their competition, while others did because of the competition they went against.

1. Fedor
2. Cro Cop
3. Big Nog
4. Francis
5. Cain
6. Werdum
7. Overeem
8.. JDS
9. Stipe
10. Hunt

He's in the top ten.
Horrible list. If you swapped CroCop with Stipe it would be quite correct though

PRIDE kids still dreaming.

Fuckin sad that so many still try to pass Nog off as a top 5 HW - in a pathetic attempt to make Fedro look better.

Shit's weak.

So you still didn’t give me a criteria of how fighters are in “Fedors Era.”? Is it in the year span they started their careers, amount of fights? Amount of cans they crushed? Come on man, it’s pretty simple so I can gauge what side of the spectrum of nuthugging & nostalgia you reside on.

Lol, who are you talking about? Shogun
Rampage
Werdum

Took over the belts huh? 2 weight classes? Yes, PrideFC fighters best came in and took most of the belts.
What about there actual best fighters at the time? Wanderlei, Gomi, Cro Cop, Fedor?

Wanderlei was a roided(fact) out fighter beating fighters who should have never been in the ring with him. He’s one of the more overrated fighters if not the most overrated fighter ever.

Gomi was never number 1 ever at LW at any point, It was always Bj Penn, then Henderson & now Khabib.

Cro Cop?
Less than 7months removed from his greatest run in winning a OWGP, looked absolutely lackluster against Eddie Sanchez & Gonzaga. Must’ve been out of his Prime? At 33, 7 months later difficulty against actual legit compeition, goes back to Japan goes on a win streak…returns to the states starts losing again. It isn’t out of his Prime, its the competition.

Werdum was always going to be successful in the states, his fighting style catered more to the US unified rules..

Lol, the fucking cope for a dead org, Anderson Silva was never a just a one org type of fighter and claiming him as a PrideFC is just wanting to add more to your nostalgic jerk off session, he has the same amount of fights in PrideFC(5) as Mecca(5) then Cage Rage(4). Anderson Silva has always been a international fighter and he made his name and stood out in his Cage Rage wins over Murray, Rivera and that elbow Ko against Fryklund. I wonder what “org” Gerard Mousasi is coupled in with you, is he PrideFC, Dream, Bellator, UFC?

Yes, Anderson Silva lost to Chonan. That happened, it’s not about how you start it’s about what you establish in your comeback, Anderson Silva cemented his status at the GOAT at MW, Chonan went on to….1/3 record in the same org while Anderson Silva left that loss in the past & went to on to be GOAT.

Maybe Fedor would have benefited in a loss early on on his career, that would’ve ignited some fire for him to improve his already good skills, instead he got complacent while other fighters trained with elite training partners, coaches and against good competition which gave them a reason to improve.

Fedor is the same as Ben Askren. Never had to improve their skills due to their competition, while others did because of the competition they went against.
That’s a very long rant. Pridefc must really have done a number on you.

Wand was roided and others weren’t? Lmao like I said do you even mma? Yes pride didn’t test for PEDs. Anyone could have used, that’s called a level playing field not like ufc where only the favorites get to roid via exemptions.

Not only did pride take all the belts, as did strikeforce when they came over, bellator too, hell
Ksw, cage rage, glory etc all do but the most embarrassing part fake wrestlers: Brock came over and won a belt too. WWE imports are a cool 50% at ufc titles!

As for your era question maybe wipe that Dana jizz off your eyes? I literally laid out the criteria and named fighters too. Do you want me to make a video guide for you to comprehend?

Put all your money on Jones throwing calf kicks and breaking his bird leg Silva and Weidman style. Trust me. I'll be back here after the fight to accept your apologies for doubting.

Back