If Volkanovski retired today, who would you rank higher all time between him and Khabib?

The Khabib defenders always say he “could have defended 10 more times”. No he couldn’t. He could barely make weight anymore he would have had to have gone up to 170 which is a whole different animal.

Volk has the better resume and is the better fighter, sure Khabib has looked more dominant but that is more due to his competition and style rather than his skill.

Volk has taken bigger punches and escaped tight submissions, I know he can do that, I don't know if Khabib can.

Khabib's biggest sub threat was Poirier, Khabib didn't have a threat on the feet because the strikers who could threaten him, couldn't keep the fight standing.

You have Volk beating a taller rangier elite striker standing up over 5 rounds, 3 times, now I know Khabib couldn't do that, Volk out-struck Holloway 199 to 124.

Then you have Volk moving up and appearing to be the biggest threat to the LW champ with some folks believing he beat the champ.

There really is no comparison in my mind.

So I guess Khabib is the standard for greatness since everybody gets compared to him now.

Khabibs dominance and resume is still better

RDA, Dustin, Conor, Gaethje, Barboza > Max(arguably lost 2/3), Yair, Ortega. Aldo was on the downslide, Mendes was washed, KZ washed

Last edited:
Fair enough, mendes is a good win even being 3-2 in the last 5 at the time. Volk finished him and looked great. I also didn’t include Al in khabibs best wins either and he was on a 5 fight win streak albeit against a lesser level of competition
yup. chad’s run at the end was unfortunate. but that’s what happens when you fight the best. if he wanted to go out on a win, he could’ve asked to fight michael johnson or someone like that.

anyway, volk’s resume is not lacking for names. that’s actually one of its strongest points—it’s not padded with a journeymen (eg usman with his masvidal detour). every fight from jeremy kennedy onward was people who were on the way up, or were already established as elite.

He hasn't been around long enough...what, 3 years as a champion? You got guys like Jones, Anderson, GSP who held the title way longer.
I don't get the Volkanowski nutswinging, his teammate Israel accomplished more than him.
Max x3 is nothing to scoff at. Also Ortega, aldo, mendes, zombie and now Yair. Toupuria also a great name. Just remember, gsp and jones had injuries and other fiascos that prolonged their title reign by years where as volk has been very active last 5 years as well as Izzy. That’s why they are closer to jones Anderson and George than some may think. They both accomplished a lot quickly.

Volk by a mile, Khabib is so overrated

Khabib walked away from the sport without getting cut.
ha-ha! he did!

I dont care about GOATs bullshits

but if people want to like Volk's career more,Ive no problem with it.

One’s undefeated, the other is not.

Reactions: HHJ
Volk is a better fighter, both resumes are weak with any context possible.
I'm putting Volk higher

Back