If / when Ngannou defeats Stipe, will fans accept that he is better or will there be excuses?

TS: “we should draw conclusions from a fight that has not happened yet”

Niganu will win in a fashion that it will be impossible to deny his greatness

If / when Ngannou defeats Stipe, do you think fans will accept that he is better or will there be excuses?

If you think there will be excuses, what to you think they will be? (e.g. "Stipe got caught"?)

You're human trash, you know it.

If / when Ngannou defeats Stipe, do you think fans will accept that he is better or will there be excuses?

If you think there will be excuses, what to you think they will be? (e.g. "Stipe got caught"?)

"If there will be excuses"... among fans?

U Serious?

Lol at ppl talking about stipes wrestling as if its all world lol.. People love to pull shit out their asses to help them believe their fighter will win. Never seen stipe win a match or dominate one due to his wrestling.. so all this oh but but stipes wrestling .. please give it a break..
That's because you don't watch his fights at all.

There will be excuses.
There always are.

There is a fine line between an excuse and an explanation.

The fight is a 50/50 between Ngannou coming out and folding Stipe up like a cheap suit inside the first couple rounds or Stipe dragging him into the later rounds and wearing his ass out. Either outcome is realistic.
It'll either be a million threads of 'Ngannou > Fedor' or it'll be a million 'LOL you fools bought into the UFC hype machine again' threads.

I’m wondering what the excuse will be when Stipe wins, because according to half of Sherdog, he’s only has beaten washed up fighters. Will Ngannou be his first legit win, or will people go to the “he was still green” card. But seriously, people will always make excuses for a fighter they like, even when that fighter doesn’t.
“Green” card
Is that a subtle immigration joke?

What kind of excuses do you mean?

Like the kind people still use to downplay Stipe after knocking out 3 legends in the first round in consecutive title bouts?

Like how in this very post you put no respect to Stipe's name? lol 'if/when' because francis accomplished what bigfoot silva accomplished years ago? Would you favor that version of bigfoot silva? I bring him up because he won over reem with the same advantages as ngannou. reem can't beat a guy he can't overpower in the clinch or bully, unless he runs away like in jds and stipe fights like a coward waiting to sneak a strike.

I'm not saying Stipe's gonna smash Ngannou but if Ngannou wins and people make excuses it will be no different then how people treat Stipe. Except Stipe has two title defenses already. And youre all so ready to move past him you want to crown the guy who has accomplished less than bigfoot silva right now. Francis has a LOT to prove. favorite over stipe is crazy.

But I don't think thats going to happen, most of you guys are all on the guys jock waiting to crown him. I don't think he would be treated like Stipe at all, in fact i think we will be living in an apparent fantasy world of a lot of people on here if Francis wins

Depends on how he wins!

Always remember Cain vs DJS

Brutal knockout in 1 fight and Cain domination in another.

Some good points made.

I think many of us can agree that if Ngannou wins via a quick ko, there will be a lot of "Stipe got caught" remarks.

However, if Ngannou neutralizes everything that Stipe throws at him and then proceeds to win via (t)ko, then most reasonable fans would say that Ngannou has Stipe's numbers?

Internet trolls.... haters gonna hate. But Ngannou might be the best UFC Heavyweight ever with win streak... might.

Stipe wrecks him by having great cardio, good chin and wrestling. Also, he doesnt give a fuck how ripped Ngannou is. Wouldnt be surprised if Stipe KOs him.
Cardio and chin dont mean anything against Ngannou who is the best athlete at HW. If ngannou touches him stipes chin will crack and his cardio will be useless. Also lol if you think stipe is going to go out and take him down like hes GSP or something.

There will always be excuses, no matter the matchup, the cirumstances or how it actually happened. Some people will always come up with some bullshit excuses to support their favorite fighter.

I think if Ngannou knocks him out quickly like he did with overeem, people will just say that he has power and is a one trick pony. If Stipe shoots for takedowns, we see back and forth exchanges, and Ngannou still wins then people will give him credit. We don't know what Ngannou's cardio, chin, TDD, submission game, and etc... are like

I think Ngannou has an excellent chance of KO'ing Stipe. I also think Stipe is better at everything except savage punching. Sometimes being 'better' or 'more skilled' doesn't fucking matter in the face of a ridiculous physical advantage, whether it be speed, strength, power, etc. Especially at HW.

I’d pose the question for the weirdos on Ngannous hype train

If/when Stipe beats him will you admit you overreacted about Ngannou being anything special and that Stipe is better?

Or will you start yapping about game plans, experience, and for no reason, racism?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back