If Wilder is shut out against Parker who else can he lose to?

Joshua is an easier fight than Parker for Wilder. He doesn't have the sumo-chin, and his upright style of fighting makes him more likely to get caught clean.

That said, Wilder at 38+yo loses to any top 5 fighter more often than not.
Not necessarily. Joshua can also box and, unlike Parker, he has big power. That makes him a much more dangerous fight for Wilder. Joshua doesn't have to fight the perfect fight to not get knocked out like Parker. He can be the hammer and not the nail. I don't know what a sumo chin is but Parker's been stopped before. So has Joshua. Neither has the best chin so that's a wash.

PS. Not only can Joshua box well but he handily outboxed a prime undefeated Parker. Landed twice as many jabs on him, countered him all night, even moved and defended better overall. At most Parker won a few rounds. It was a 9-3 type fight.

Last edited:
Zero heart. 0!

Wilder went out on his shield in a 3 fight skid vs Fury. AJ has been ducking and can crushing.

Also, quit vs butter bean. /thread

Knocked out twice by a guy not known for his power. Too Scared to throw his right hand because he gut hurt by Parker. Not really going out on your shield is it!

He fought cans and journeymen his whole career and got embarrassed or ko’d whenever he fought proven opposition. No wonder he avoided the best fighters his whole career

I think Wilder's only real option right now is a Parker rematch. Its on him to prove something wasn't right in that fight and that he can do better.
Why?

Go fight Joshua. It’s over marinated now

Not necessarily. Joshua can also box and, unlike Parker, he has big power. That makes him a much more dangerous fight for Wilder. Joshua doesn't have to fight the perfect fight to not get knocked out like Parker. He can be the hammer and not the nail. I don't know what a sumo chin is but Parker's been stopped before. So has Joshua. Neither has the best chin so that's a wash.

PS. Not only can Joshua box well but he handily outboxed a prime undefeated Parker. Landed twice as many jabs on him, countered him all night, even moved and defended better overall. At most Parker won a few rounds. It was a 9-3 type fight.

Parker is better now than he was back then

Parker is better now than he was back then
He's more experienced now but he's also been dropped several times and stopped since AJ beat him. The version that AJ beat was a prime undefeated Parker. If you watch that fight he got soundly outboxed and beat up. He managed to edge a few rounds but it was a one-sided fight.

Why?

Go fight Joshua. It’s over marinated now

The HW belts are going to be split after Usyk v Fury and AJ has been offered an alphabet title fight against the unbeaten Croatian dude.

Wilders only shot was having a clause in the deal he signed with AJ where they'd still have the fight if one of them lost. It appears there was no such clause. The fight is dead.

Prior to the fight yesterday the only fighter Wilder had lost to was Fury. The bar now has moved much lower losing in a shut out UD to Parker who doesn't exactly have remarkable power.

What if he actually fought a guy with significant power like a Frank Sanchez or a Hrgovic? KTFO? He doesn't make a good gate keeper to a prospect.

He could take a fight against Francis for the novelty and $$$ I suppose. I don't see him agreeing to fight down against a Jared Anderson or something on PBC Amazon for less cash.

He has a market value problem now because he's iced out of the title picture.

I actually think that with a tune up or 2, Wilder can have a good fight against AJ. AJ just stands in front of his opponent too much

Because its not a super fight now. Who wants to see Joshua fight some guy who appeared shot in his last fight?

Styles makes fights. Joseph Parker fought extremely carefully. Just make the fight. Joshua looked like shit in his wins other than wallin

He's more experienced now but he's also been dropped several times and stopped since AJ beat him. The version that AJ beat was a prime undefeated Parker. If you watch that fight he got soundly outboxed and beat up. He managed to edge a few rounds but it was a one-sided fight.

He’s way better since he switched to fury and Andy lees camp. It’s a fact. He was undefeated because he had fought no one except a gift over Ruiz. Parker today beats parker from then

He’s way better since he switched to fury and Andy lees camp. It’s a fact. He was undefeated because he had fought no one except a gift over Ruiz. Parker today beats parker from then
That's not a fact. I think his current setup is ideal but it isn't hard to look like a much improved boxer against such a limited fighter. I agree, that Ruiz win was a gift but a number of ATGs also had them. Like it or not he had full confidence when AJ beat him. He still had his 0 intact.

Tbch Fury was training to fight Wilder for like 4 years and Parker was taking part in most of that. Other than Fury Parker might have studied more about Wilder than anyone else in the boxing world. That is one explanation for this outcome.

Tbch Fury was training to fight Wilder for like 4 years and Parker was taking part in most of that. Other than Fury Parker might have studied more about Wilder than anyone else in the boxing world. That is one explanation for this outcome.
True. Nobody knew Wilder better than the Fury camp. Parker likely benefitted greatly from their firsthand knowledge of fighting the guy in a trilogy. We'll see how Parker looks going forward against other top opponents.

That's not a fact. I think his current setup is ideal but it isn't hard to look like a much improved boxer against such a limited fighter. I agree, that Ruiz win was a gift but a number of ATGs also had them. Like it or not he had full confidence when AJ beat him. He still had his 0 intact.

Aj ducked wilder. That’s a fact. Like it or not

Aj ducked wilder. That’s a fact. Like it or not
Please learn the difference between facts and opinions. This is the second time now where you've called something a "fact" when it wasn't. Joshua has never ducked any of the top heavyweights. He's also taken dangerous fights that he never had to. The resume he's built over the years at heavyweight is deeper than Wilder's & Fury's combined. No exaggeration.

Please learn the difference between facts and opinions. This is the second time now where you've called something a "fact" when it wasn't. Joshua has never ducked any of the top heavyweights. He's also taken dangerous fights that he never had to. The resume he's built over the years at heavyweight is deeper than Wilder's & Fury's combined. No exaggeration.

Good lord you Gotta take Eddie’s ball sack out of your mouth.

Good lord you Gotta take Eddie’s ball sack out of your mouth.
That's your rebuttal? You say you want to be adored but all you've been doing is getting smacked around with actual facts. Your opinions are worthless. Thinking that Wilder is some P4P fighter and that the modern heavyweight era > 80s heavyweight era. LOL!

That's your rebuttal? You say you want to be adored but all you've been doing is getting smacked around with actual facts. Your opinions are worthless. Thinking that Wilder is some P4P fighter and that the modern heavyweight era > 80s heavyweight era. LOL!

lol the 80s had who? Larry and Mike? Sorry but no.

I’ve presented facts; if you want me to show articles of Eddie and aj ducking I can do that.

Aj and hearn turned down 50 million

They offered wilder a flat fee of 15 million and said it was largest pay day

They rejected fury’s offer because of sponsorships for aj

lol the 80s had who? Larry and Mike? Sorry but no.

I’ve presented facts; if you want me to show articles of Eddie and aj ducking I can do that.

Aj and hearn turned down 50 million

They offered wilder a flat fee of 15 million and said it was largest pay day

They rejected fury’s offer because of sponsorships for aj
Ah. Then how come Wilder himself admitted that he fought Fury for less than what he was offered to fight Joshua? Since you're also claiming that Joshua rejected Fury then how come they signed the contract to fight him in April of 2021? Ask Fury.

Ah. Then how come Wilder himself admitted that he fought Fury for less than what he was offered to fight Joshua? Since you're also claiming that Joshua rejected Fury then how come they signed the contract to fight him in April of 2021? Ask Fury.

So what happened last December then? Yeah that’s what I thought.

Yeah wilder fought fury for less after getting jerked around by Eddie. Even Joshua admitted they over played their hand and made mistakes.

Eddie has always seen the wilder fight as a massive risk with little payoff because wilder isn’t a massive draw. He prefers the fury fight because of the money and the risk of being koed is a lot lower. His worst nightmare is wilder catching Joshua with a bomb and shutting him off. Losing to fury in a decision loss isn’t so bad

Back