If you could talk to yourself 10 years ago, would you say “work harder” or “don’t work so hard”

stalk more people online and in real life. that's a life well lived.

10 years ago I'd say "go to uni"

This is an interesting question, I don't really know what I'd say.

I worked too hard in my early life it sucked, but today it makes it hard for things to faze me work-wise. However, I'd probably buy stocks or invest in passive income sooner than I did. I was always a hard worker, so I don't really know the answer.

Work harder in your 20s. Your 30s you worked pretty much exactly as hard as you should have. I would also say work harder in college, did good, but with just a little more effort I would have graduated with honors.

I worked the right amount. Wouldn't do any more or any less.

I'd tell myself to move on from the original job I was in. I did leave there 7 years ago but it was a complete waste of time and within a year of changing, I got a better position and paid way better.

I have the past year not been working as hard though, burnt out from all the catch up after the pandemic and senior management expecting too much from us. I'm on a week's holiday right now and I need it

To want to change anything in the past, will bring you unhappiness in the present

Work as hard but probably don't party as hard.

Tough question. I've spent some time not working hard enough at certain things, and working too hard at others.

If I could give more detailed advice, it would be to work hard, try a lot of things, but try not to get stuck grinding in one place.

One of the age old questions. It seems like there’s regrets on both sides. You hear so many people talk either very confidently about their decision to dedicate their life to “hard work”, and just as many about “taking free time and enjoying life”. If you could go talk to yourself 10 years ago, and influence the kind of life style you’ve lived, what would you say? Would you tell yourself to work harder? Would you tell yourself to do exactly what you’ve done? Would you tell yourself to enjoy life more?

Every time I drank alcohol I didn’t get in trouble, but every time I got in trouble I was drinking alcohol.

Huge life lesson. I don’t have a drinking problem, I have a stopping problem.

edit-I retired at 43yrs old, 5 years ago after 20years in law enforcement. I did the smart career and started the academy at 23yrs old.

Work smarter, there is need to kill yourself. Just do your fair share, but don't overly do it. That's if you get a fix off of working really hard.
Agreed. I have buddies/coworkers who didn’t retire at 20 years in stressful law enforcement and did extra years to boost pension. They ended up dying of cancer, heart attack, suicide shortly after retiring later.

It’s a fucked up world. Good health is everything. Be well all!!!!

One of the age old questions. It seems like there’s regrets on both sides. You hear so many people talk either very confidently about their decision to dedicate their life to “hard work”, and just as many about “taking free time and enjoying life”. If you could go talk to yourself 10 years ago, and influence the kind of life style you’ve lived, what would you say? Would you tell yourself to work harder? Would you tell yourself to do exactly what you’ve done? Would you tell yourself to enjoy life more?

BUY MORE BTC. I would have dropped out of school and toss my tuition at bitcoin. I heard about it in 2013.

A class mate took an elective with a CS major. The CS major dropped out after making half a million. I had no clue wtf I was doing but happy I got in. I wish I had 3 Jobs, stopped plowing sloots, and partying in college. Got more bitcoin.

I would say, work smarter, not Harder.

Don’t worry, you’ll still have all of your hair.

I thank 7lbs 8oz baby Jesus everyday. Else I would be on a flight to turkey yesterday.

Lower stress man. Stress is a silent killer. It kills hair helmet but that's just aesthetics. Stress kills you. Cardiac, stroke, cancer, etc.

Quit your job now, grab a pen: Buy Bitcoin, Tesla, Netflix snd Broadcom. Then in 2022:

Rich Strike 2022 Derby Winner 80-1 odds. The superfecta paid 321k for a $1 bet. Bet $100 on Super and $100 on triple. Walk away with 34million.
1. Rich Strike

2. Epicenter

3. Zandon

4. Simplification

To keep you busy bet these guys at the beginning of the season:

last 10 Superbowl Winners:
KC
Rams
Bucs
KC
Pats
Eagles
Pats
Broncos
Pats
Seahawks
Ravens

I’d say work harder, I was a lazy fucker. Feel like I’m in a good place now, just could’ve made some better decisions at that time.

I actually don't know if i could have reached me in 10 years..

Me 10 years ago wouldn't have studied and carried generally little hope.. me telling that guy to work harder might have shoved him over the edge..

Telling him to work less hard might have left me unprepared for who i am today..

The best thing i could do for the guy is probably don't nudge him either way..

Back