If you ever feel like a moron, just remember this

There are still people out there who think an NFL Lineman or a Rugby player can beat a pro-MMA fighter in a fight because of the size difference.

I don't care what any expert tells me, an NFL linebacker is not going to take on Khabib in a fight.

Size still matters in a fight.. I'm not so sure even Kahbib could give up 200lbs and a foot of height and still get someone down who's used to people trying to get him down.

As soon as grappling comes into the equation, the person without it loses. End of story.

In a boxing or kickboxing match, sure, the bigger guy might be able to land some hard shots and come out ahead. But if you don't know anything about grappling and your opponent does, not only is it going to be trivial to take you down, but it's even more trivial to slap on a submission once you're down there.

There are still people out there who think an NFL Lineman or a Rugby player can beat a pro-MMA fighter in a fight because of the size difference.

I don't care what any expert tells me, an NFL linebacker is not going to take on Khabib in a fight.

They could, it depends who is the lineman and who is the fighter. A 6 foot 5 300 pound athlete could beat a 135 bantamweight for example, size trumps all at some point.

Because skills are similar, of course size is going to matter there.

It matters when it is Ngannou vs Usman, not when it is Usman vs some lardass in the NFL
This guy calling huge, elite NFL athletes "lardass."
Even the linemen carrying a ton of fat (intentionally, for extra mass) are insanely explosive athletes.

I’ve seen a very well rounded FW/LW fighter I’ve trained with get absolutely owned by a meathead bouncer who could hardly throw a bunch. I disagree

Aaron Donald would fold khabib up like a used napkin and toss him in the bin

the real question: is there a single non-combat sports athlete that could take Alex Pereira in a fight ?

the real question: is there a single non-combat sports athlete that could take Alex Pereira in a fight ?

Zero training no. But if you gave someone like Myles Garrett or TJ Watt a year to train fulltime then shit could get interesting.

I'll see your Aaron Riley and raise you a Raphael Assuncao, Jason Miller, Matt Lindland, and Rulon Gardner. Those are the names you may recognize from big promotions.

Funny story about Assuncao that is relevant to this topic. His older brother was one of my coaches. Raphael came in to talk to his brother, Junior, during a session. I over heard him saying, "I can take any of these guys." to Junior. I told Junior I heard him and would be happy to spar with him. Junior didn't even approach his brother about it. He just said, "That wouldn't be smart for Raphael." Because I outweighed him by just about 60lbs at the time. Raphael is and was a much better fighter than me. Yet, his brother knew I would wreck him with my size advantage.

Assuncao beat Jorge Masvidal, I'm not so sure you'd have wrecked him Sherbro.

Zero training no. But if you gave someone like Myles Garrett or TJ Watt a year to train fulltime then shit could get interesting.

I see this theory all the time and it just doesn't make sense to me. You're assuming alot. You're assuming they will pick up combat sports as quickly as they picked up football. You're assuming they can take a shot and not get skittish after they get hit.

I’ve seen a very well rounded FW/LW fighter I’ve trained with get absolutely owned by a meathead bouncer who could hardly throw a bunch. I disagree

I know for 100% that a former European boxing champion who fought for a world title was smashed by a 240lb bodybuilder and apparently it wasn't pretty

OK he had no grappling, but being outweighed by 100 odd pounds did him no favours once the guy got close

Obviously he had no grappling, but but being a pro fighter isn't a guarantee, especially for non mma fighters

Lol Whittaker, volkanovski and Tai tuivasa were pro rugby players before they were in the ufc fyi

Jeff Gordon, the race car driver?

Let me ask you, how would you think it would go if your 5’6 BJJ instructor went punch-for-punch with one of those 300 pound linemen?

Or how about, are the grown men and cops using 100% punches/kicks/elbows against your "150 pound females"?

At no point did I ever try to act tough or insecure. Sounds like you're the one who hasn't had a reality check, hot boy.
“Jeff Gordon, the race car driver?”

Holy shit, dude. A simple Google search could have saved you a Stockcar’s worth of embarrassment. IMG_6679.png

Back