If you juice for a number of months/years, then quit, will you still be stronger?

Depends on which compounds your running. But if you know what your doing YES!

So taking certain steroids= wolverine powers

Seriously though how effective are they. Say an mma fighter tears his knee badly. How much faster would the injury heal compared to someone who just followed a rehab program.

Most steroids actually decrease the rate at which your tendons and ligaments heal. That's why you see a lot of heavy juicers tearing muscles and tendons while lifting at meets. Testosterone does nothing for healing, especially if you take nothing to control estrogen, as estrogen has a negative effect on tendon repair.

I disagree that testosterone does nothing for healing:

PubMed Central, Fig 1: Brain Behav Immun. 2009 July; 23(5): 629–635. Published online 2008 December 11. doi: 10.1016/j.bbi.2008.12.001

Sex hormones and mucosal wound healing. [Brain Behav Immun. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI

Seriously though how effective are they. Say an mma fighter tears his knee badly. How much faster would the injury heal compared to someone who just followed a rehabbing program.
Again, depends on what you are taking, and the dose. Oxandrolone is one of the best drugs for rehab patients. They give burn victims 10mg a day and it helps them grow new skin very rapidly while preventing wasting. When you have a guy taking 100mg of that compound daily, it's hard to say how much it's helping, but I would bet my house that he's recovering much faster than he would be naturally.

Seriously though how effective are they. Say an mma fighter tears his knee badly. How much faster would the injury heal compared to someone who just followed a rehabbing program.

Again it isn't apples to apples. Genetics play a huge factor, how their bodies receive the drugs plays a factor, their diet, sleep patterns, quality of their PT. There really is know way to KNOW this answer but only guess. For healing injuries AAS can help speed things up; they can also help retain muscle mass while you are recovering and not able to workout as hard. If you want night and day difference in healing time then HGH is the key. HGH can expedite the healing process greatly!!! Not quite wolverine powers but I'm talking about taking a 9 month recovery down to 5 or 6 months. Again though lots of factors come into play when your talking about healing up and how people respond to these compounds in general.

It has more to do with estrogen. Testosterone increases localized IGF-1, so by itself it is very good at healing wounds. The problem is that tons of exogenous testosterone means that you have more testosterone coming into contact with the aromatase enzyme, which means high levels of circulating estrogen. It's this estrogen that counteracts the beneficial effects of testosterone. A physiological dose of test is actually quite beneficial for healing.

True, I was strictly referring to testosterone and healing. Aromatase Inhibitors can alleviate what your talking about.

Again it isn't apples to apples. Genetics play a huge factor, how their bodies receive the drugs plays a factor, their diet, sleep patterns, quality of their PT. There really is know way to KNOW this answer but only guess. For healing injuries AAS can help speed things up; they can also help retain muscle mass while you are recovering and not able to workout as hard. If you want night and day difference in healing time then HGH is the key. HGH can expedite the healing process greatly!!! Not quite wolverine powers but I'm talking about taking a 9 month recovery down to 5 or 6 months. Again though lots of factors come into play when your talking about healing up and how people respond to these compounds in general.

This is very interesting. Thanks lene.

lene28 and sweekaters, are you guys doctors or gymbros cuz you seem to know alot.

How much have steroids evolved, say from 10 years ago.
The designer steroid market is huge now. Every few months a new designer steroids that is a slight derivative of something else comes on the legal market. The basics haven't changed at all, test, deca, tren, dbol are still staples.

The designer steroid market is huge now. Every few months a new designer steroids that is a slight derivative of something else comes on the legal market. The basics haven't changed at all, test, deca, tren, dbol are still staples.

I know you guys arnt scientists, but is there likely to ever be a steroid without the side effects, or downfalls?

I know you guys arnt scientists, but is there likely to ever be a steroid without the side effects, or downfalls?

Every drug has side-effects. That being said, the most common sides associated with AAS are conversions of exogenous T into estradiol and prolactin , so said drug would have to be able to deal with those. Readily available aromatase inhibitors like anastrazole can mitigate these effects, thus I'd imagine the incentive to produce something like that would be small.

Every drug has side-effects. That being said, the most common sides associated with AAS are conversions of exogenous T into estradiol and prolactin , so said drug would have to be able to deal with those. Readily available aromatase inhibitors like anastrazole can mitigate these effects, thus I'd imagine the incentive to produce something like that would be small.

Great stuff, thanks

lene28 and sweekaters, are you guys doctors or gymbros cuz you seem to know alot.

I am not a doctor but have had conversations with doctors, pro athletes, and longtime gym rats. I have actually found that most doctors are very ignorant when it comes to using AAS/HGH for healing/medical purposes. You have to find a good endocrinologist to really help you understand why these hormones are so important to our everyday health and function. I try to absorb as much information as possible! I got interested when I was competing and wanted to see how much potential I had; now my knowledge has carried over to help with longevity and wellness.

I have competed naturally for years and on the gas for years. I have taken most compounds out there. I will say it forever; if you are great they will make you greater but if you suck you will still suck on AAS lol.

A good amount of noticeable sides are from test converting to estrogen. You have to be careful to watch your lipid levels, BP, heart rate, kidney function, and liver function. You can very safely cycle AAS and not have any major issues; you just need to get regular blood work and not overdue things. The estrogenic side effects have a lot to do with genetics. Some guys get horrible acne, gyno (bitch tits), hold water and look bloated, etc. I have seen other guys get none of these are the exact same dosages. You will see lots of teens though with these same issues; and from what I can tell if you have them as a teen you will be more susceptible to the same sides when your on AAS.

Most of the side effects you hear about are from abuse/overuse or not running the correct ancillary drugs.

Back