If you're Brian Ortega's coach, what's the gameplan to fight Holloway?

Tell Holloway that his Country is responsible for Pineapple on Pizza.

it's a state. and it's absolutely fuckin digusting. If you're putting pineapple on your pizza, you definitely won't be allowed to be in control of food at my UFC party's.

jk, my UFC party is me laying in bed streaming an event in my boxers and no shirt on with cheetos' crumbs dripping down into my chest hair while soda drips out of the side of my mouth and a pack of jack links beef jerky is laying next to me.

#justbleed

I regret clicking that spoiler.

Anyway imo he needs to force Max to trade in the pocket (shouldn't be hard) and gamble on his chin being more durable than Max's. He also needs to try to force grappling/clinch exchanges where he would have an advantage on paper.
He should also focus on cutting off the cage to neutralize any footwork advantage and do a good job defending his body, because if Max is smart he will work the body in this fight.
This goes without saying but him being unpredictable may also prove to be a big factor in this fight.
Also not sure what his leg kick game is like but they would help, especially inside leg kicks.

Peace out.

Here we go. Max will piece him up and keep his distance. The only way Ortega will go to the ground is when Max drops him after landing a 10+ combo on him while he tries that shoulder roll shit or blocking shots with his head.

Here we go. Max will piece him up and keep his distance. The only way Ortega will go to the ground is when Max drops him after landing a 10+ combo on him while he tries that shoulder roll shit or blocking shots with his head.

Thanks Coach.

28577921_10156315605611579_4839867212792472975_n.jpg

I’m pulling for T-City to avenge my boy Aldo

Fan of both City and Max tho

Cage cutting. Getting the clinch on the fence. Use trips, but if that fails pull to guard(ala Demian Maia) and look for sweeps.
Most likely Max boxes him up and probably gets a late round TKO. Ortega is decent on the feet, but had an advantage in size and power over Frankie. Max has a great chin and size to match. Ortega could get a sub, but Max isn't easy to takedown.

Connor(with a leg injury) took Holloway down. I imagine that would be a good place to start.

I thought this could be an interesting question. How do you prepare for a fighter like Holloway?

Let me try and make this thread still worth it.

mackenzie-dern-hot-photos5-1.png
As far as Max goes I think Ortega should strike with him at first to see how he does he obv has power. He will have the size advantage. He fought Edgar weighing 160 pounds.

I think Dern an Ortega would be great on the ground. I wonder if he would get a woody. Then she submits him via cock squeeze. (or Lolly lock as its called in BJJ)

Hahaha, great post. Same here. I was not rooting for any of them, I really like both guys, but my head kept saying the same thing: "Frankie will UD him".
I believe a vast majority of Sherdog felt clueless after that fight.

Simple. Get him against the cage and choke him.

Max has a giant head and small neck. He's a perfect target.

Just get in there and do your usual shit of pulling a finish out of nowhere after getting your ass beat for a couple rounds.
I have no idea how he does it but it clearly works.

Everyone sleeps on Max's grappling and submission game. I don't think he is any more overmatched on the ground than Ortega is on the feet.

pressure max to edges of octagon and lean on him and tire him with dirty boxing.

Back