• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IGN's Lists 125 Top Nintendo Games Of All Time...

nvm, I thought it was supposed to be a list of games "by nintendo", not "on nintendo"

I don't read IGN articles anymore, so thanks for listing them (#9 didn't show up though). I think the fact that one developer can have a list of their top 125 games and people will question why some games aren't on there speaks a lot about Nintendo as developers.

How many times is IGN going to make this list? It seems like they release a new one every year. Is is an official annual update or something?
*Edit*: Ah, nvm, thanks Plissken, herp a derp from me...yeah, wow, it really does speak to Nintendo's greatness that we could mistake this for an "All-Time" list if one just skimmed it
*Edit #2*: Just wanted to add that, indeed, IGN sucks. It's worth saying every time they're mentioned. No credibility. Almost less competency.

Metroid Prime for the gamecube wasn't that good. Smash bros melee should have been top ten.

Og super smash at 79 seems criminally low.

The original Super Mario Bros. was a great game, and it may be the most influential game in history, but every other game in that series was better, except for the American Super Mario Bros. 2. In particular, Super Mario Bros. 3. That was the best. Then Super Mario 64.

I am happy to see Super Metroid at #2. That's my personal favorite Nintendo game of all time.

I was bored out of my mind and never challenged. I was wondering the whole game "people actually like the metroid series? When does it get good?"

Tetris at number four? Surprised metroid prime made number 7. That was a really good game I just didnt know it got much acclaim

The original Super Mario Bros. was a great game, and it may be the most influential game in history, but every other game in that series was better, except for the American Super Mario Bros. 2. In particular, Super Mario Bros. 3. That was the best. Then Super Mario 64.

I am happy to see Super Metroid at #2. That's my personal favorite Nintendo game of all time.

Agreed.

No Chrono Trigger? (at least not that I can see) Fail list.

I think they're going by games developed by Nintendo and its affiliates, not just overall games on their consoles.

And even though it's pretty dated, the first Super Mario Bros. is probably the most important game on that list, because it literally saved (and grew) an entire industry from the verge of death.

North American Video Game Crash of 1983

I think they're going by games developed by Nintendo and its affiliates, not just overall games on their consoles.

And even though it's pretty dated, the first Super Mario Bros. is probably the most important game on that list, because it literally saved (and grew) an entire industry from the verge of death.

North American Video Game Crash of 1983

A big difference between historical importance and quality.

Wave Race 64 should at least be in the top 20. Had so much fun back in the day trying to shave off fractions of a second on the courses against my friends, while pulling off stunts at the same time. The physics in that game were so amazing. Probably one of my top 10 gaming memories.

I too am glad to see Super Metroid at #2. No way would it make #1 but PFP it's the most polished and best made Nintendo game of all time.

Wave Race 64 should at least be in the top 20. Had so much fun back in the day trying to shave off fractions of a second on the courses against my friends, while pulling off stunts at the same time. The physics in that game were so amazing. Probably one of my top 10 gaming memories.

c02e.gif

Wave Race 64 is in my top 5 all time N64 games. I played the shit out of it and did the same in trying to shave fractions of a second off. The water effects were way ahead of its time. Should've easily been in the top 50 at the very least.

I'm also surprised there was no Wave Race: Blue Storm in there for the GC. It too was excellent.

The water effects in this game still look great almost 14 years later..

Last edited:

Mario 3 is my favorite as well but Mario World has a solid case for #1 too.

Agreed 100%. Super Mario Bros. 3 was 10x the game the original was, and even that might be an understatement. Having SMB at #1 is just retarded.

Killer instinct not in the top 150 best nintendo games? Right....

Back