Illia Topuria Is Already Becoming Insufferable

lol, he's been insufferable for a good while now. You simply were not as exposed to his bs like we have been in Spain.
And yeah, the BMF belt is the LAMEST thing in the history of the sport. I'd be ashamed to carry that crap around.

*I personally don't mind the BMF belt as it gives us interesting fights and has spotlighted longtime knockdown dragout type dudes who are pretty notorious for not turning down fights.

We've seen Diaz who has won many fights after being completely bloodied, Masvidal who had been around forever and for a moment got on a real hot streak stopping higher ranked and much hyped opponents, Gaethje who (as much as I'd like a bit more defensiveness) is a kill or be killed wrecking machine, Poirier who has been a class act and has had numerous wars and come from behind victories with the best of the division, and Max who leaves nearly everyone looking like they've been blocking baseballs with their face for 25 minutes.

These guys get distinguished for their bad assery and (presumably) get a bump in pay as their reward.
all he had to say, was amazing win for Max, can't wait to fight him soon. instead, he does the exact opposite. he needs some humble pie.
Unfortunately that wouldn't really resonate with the fanbase, though.

W/o derailing the discussion, I'd argue that Hill was only acting antagonistic to Pereira due to the cameras/reporters being present a la Bisping and GSP and their who Range Rover "see you out there" discussion when they were doing media.

Early UFC career Conor was much the same.

All that being said, not everyone is going to play along sometimes it gets guys held in a choke a bit longer, or assaulted outside of a steak house.
He’s just talking shit. Guy has been embracing the bad guy role.
^ My guess

Been wrong before, though

Last edited:
the BMF belt is arguably the dumbest asinine thing the ufc has created in years. it means nothing, it's a waste of energy and I really hope it goes away. it's so dumb.

Him vs Max for both belts is the only answer

The guy starched Volk.

If he beats Volk and Max, he is the BMF.

oh now that it's Topuria who wants the BMF shit you guys want it to stop huh?

fk y'all

Topuria coming for all the belts
Exactly. Max “Concussed” Halloway would get worked over by Topuria…

Bunch of fanboys in this thread trying hard to prop up their eye poking islander.

Exactly. Max “Concussed” Halloway would get worked over by Topuria…

Bunch of fanboys in this thread trying hard to prop up their eye poking islander.

Good point. Completely forgot about the billion eye pokes that lead to the Justin KO. You would think Max got a clean ass KO in round 1 judging by the way the knob gobblers are talking.

Good point. Completely forgot about the billion eye pokes that lead to the Justin KO. You would think Max got a clean ass KO in round 1 judging by the way the knob gobblers are talking.
And lets be real, Justin is not some technical striker…he is a wild man who gets put down or survives to put his opponent down.

The way Ilia methodically starched Emmett and put away Volk, Max is light work for him.

You guys keep pretending your personal value of the BMF means something. Because you don't hespect it, it's pointless.

The reality is, the owner has a money fight in the bank. That's real value.

I've got nothing against Ilia. He's a very good fighter and he can play the villain role all he wants and talk his shit. That's fine. It's his new, formerly nowhere to be found fans that are insufferable.

"Who do you want to defend your title against next?"

"Defend my title? I want real prestige. A money fight with mcgregor, an exhibition boxing match against a youtube star, or a chance at the BMF title please."
How about defend it 1X before asking for all that?

I never liked him
200w.gif
How it felt watching him vs VOLK :rolleyes:

Psychological warfare. He wants to take Maxs ppv ponts belt and give himself another hype belt

Back