I'm gonna quit drinking

No issues at all with alcohol. Binge drink and then dont drink for another week/2 weeks..

Best decision I ever made was putting down the bottle. Seizures were nasty. I probably took a good 15 years off my life span. Never been happier though. Good luck

Sobriety is actually pretty serene as you're in control all the time. I wake up feeling good everyday, and go to bed feeling good everyday. I don't have to worry about planning my day so I can drink as early as possible without driving... being in control is much better than being lost in the booze.

Good luck in getting your life back...keep a journal if you're that kind of person and write down things you're noticing about how you feel, how you're sleeping, your overall response to difficult situations, etc. It helped me when I did finally decide to sober up and I'm about to hit 4 years sober on Dec 1.

Hopefully you can stick to it. You probably won't even want to drink anymore after a few weeks of filling your boozing time with something productive .

Never had an actual problem with alcohol but I've wasted a lot of days nursing hangovers and it sucks wasting a whole day off work feeling shitty.

whoa, nobody likes a quitter bro, think of the glory of the american eagle as it soares through the skies, its free, and so are you, rejoice in the freedom juice of liquor

200.webp

also look at this dude, you think this dude lets go of the shit he likes, fuck no, look at his face and realize this
giphy.gif

Good luck, brother. I have a few friends that are dealing with alcohol addiction. Shit is rough.

You will need to keep your mind and body active though. Boredom leads to bad habits.

*11 Beers Deep*

"Man, I gotta stop drinking...."

*Drinks first taste of 12th beer*

"....tomorrow."

Sure you are.
Guys a goddamn hero. Don't doubt!

Brings a tear to my eye.

<mma1>

In his honour after I have my drinks tonight and right before I go to bed, I too will quit drinking. At least until the next morning when I wake up.

<GinJuice>

Last edited:
Best of luck to you. I quit for about a month, then had one and that led to a slip and I had to start again.

Thankfully for me it wasn't a physical addiction - I don't get the shakes and all of that shit, but I get really, really anxious. All day long I'll not feel a single craving but as soon I'm home for half an hour I feel anxious. All I can say is don't get bored.

14 years clean over here. It can be done, TS. I know the feeling of being afraid of spending a day sober. Good luck.

I do it regularly.
When I drink hard one night, then I need at least 3 days of rest.

It is gonna be so tough.
Be busy until you go to sleep.
It is not your case but I quit smoking 2 years ago and havent smoked so far. I have kept busy not to think about smoking.

Nothing better than this.

Just keep busy

I recently went a few days without and didn't have any physical withdrawal, but I kept having that nagging sensation that I just NEEDED to get drunk.

I didn't quit then and there, but I need to before it becomes more than psychological.

That's kinda where I'm at. I'm gonna try and take all of January off. I used to only drink on the weekends and it's been creeping into the week. And then this weekend my girlfriend and I left the bar at like 11 and I was being a pissy bitch because I wanted to keep getting drunk.

"All the bar-flies sipping whiskey. Fighting ever present pity. Wondering what they keep sucking back for. Is it the drink or trepidation? Watching all trains leave the station. Left standing alone without a ticket."

I'm about a six pack every other weekend. I used to drink 4-5 days a week when I was younger now I just vape my weed oil.

i think for most people, addictions are not about the substance, but about the person needing a substance coping mechanism. it's a vice. if it's not alcohol, it's going to be something else. i'd personally trade the booze for marijuana. i'd actually not do anything, until i sorted out why i'm seeking a substance in order to handle life.

Back