• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Im moving to the more rural Guangxi province in China

I just tried it now and half are dudes the other half are >500km away, not liking the efficiency of this :D

Not missing much then. I'll have to make due with what I've got, I guess.:cool:

I just tried it now and half are dudes the other half are >500km away, not liking the efficiency of this :D

If that fails, make an account on China love links or China love match.

If I got on a bus listening to music with my headphones in and started singing along out loud, would I get videoed on someone's phone?

You'll probably get your photo snapped just walking down the street. When I would drive my car there, other people would steal photos from there car or walking by. It was annoying.

This is before or after tax? Foshan ain't Shanghai sure but jesus thats a small amount of money. There's also limits to how low you can reasonably go for expenses, no way in hell would I be eating at local stalls in a second tier city or below.

I don't know about Foshan specifically, but I'm pretty sure you could do that in Shenzen and I don't imagine that Foshan is more expensive. You are right that it would be tight if one ate at proper sit down restaurants all the time, but even 茶餐廳 (not sure of the British equivalent, but this would be roughly like an American diner) should be ok. I'm thinking of chains like Cafe de Coral, Fairwood or Maxim.

In HK you'd be looking at $20-50 per meal. So worst case is $50*3*30 or $4,500 for food.

Phone service is cheap enough to be negligible.

Transportation is hard for me to guess, but I don't see it taking another $5,000 a month.

What other big expenses are you going to have during your first "orientation" month?

I don't know about Foshan specifically, but I'm pretty sure you could do that in Shenzen and I don't imagine that Foshan is more expensive. You are right that it would be tight if one ate at proper sit down restaurants all the time, but even 茶餐廳 (not sure of the British equivalent, but this would be roughly like an American diner) should be ok. I'm thinking of chains like Cafe de Coral, Fairwood or Maxim.

In HK you'd be looking at $20-50 per meal. So worst case is $50*3*30 or $4,500 for food.

Transportation is hard for me to guess, but I don't see it taking another $5,000 a month.

What other big expenses are you going to have during your first "orientation" month?

I've not been there so I can't really say, but in Shanghai or other cities I travel to I gotta have minimum standard for places to eat because some of this stuff really ain't clean. Downstairs at my 小区 there's a dumpling place I walk past on my way to work and seeing how they prepare the food ensures I'll never eat there. Brief story I'm coming back home and the guy at the restaurant has a live catfish on the ground out front on access road and he's about the kill it but he's doing something else first, and the damn thing starts slivering down the access street.... turns out catfish can move pretty good.... I'm like dude your catfish is running away he says it's fine it's not gonna go far, in the meantime it's now in the middle of the road blocking traffic.... China.

Anyway you're right in terms of expenses it's not bad, I'm thinking more you gotta have enough left over to save to make it worthwhile when you get back home, but I suppose thats just my mindset and not everyone thinks that way.

Last edited:

not sure, I was thinking of seeing one of the landmarks, but seeing as everything will be a novelty in my first month, I may save the landmarks for the rest of my year there.

Last edited:
Is it true that all cosmetics sold in China contain whitening ingredients? I'm Casper-White, if I get any whiter I'll cause blindness.

Is it true that all cosmetics sold in China contain whitening ingredients? I'm Casper-White, if I get any whiter I'll cause blindness.

No, I wouldn't buy domestic brands though.

You have a lot of heart if you do go. There are millions of people who would have done something adventurous like that but were too scared, so they never did.

And even if it sucks, you'll grow a lot.

This is before or after tax? Foshan ain't Shanghai sure but jesus thats a small amount of money. There's also limits to how low you can reasonably go for expenses, no way in hell would I be eating at local stalls in a second tier city or below.
Stall food is some of the best eating in Asia. A lot of my meals in random Asian countries is from stalls--nasi goreng, kow pot gai, ddeuk bokki, ahhh, the good stuff. 10,000 RMB doesn't sound too bad for China. I think one can manage and get by pretty well off of that.

Can you do a little research and tell us how small Chinese dicks are?

Well, those who had bad experiences, I guess it just depends where you go. Where I am, the streets are lined with palm trees, it's very LA looking.

I went to prague czech rep. I would love to spend a quiet month in the old town solo.
I'd love to spend time with you in quiet old town

Back