Im moving to the more rural Guangxi province in China

Cool. I moved to Philippines for a while. Been here for 1 year now. Its fun to live somewhere completely different than what your used to.

Update. I don't know where to begin but I'm having a great time out here. I spent New Year in Hong Kong and went to Thailand for Chinese New Year. I have a boyfriend, my children are the cutest but I've gained a lot of weight from all the oily food. Want to post pics but the internet is horrendous here.

Update. I don't know where to begin but I'm having a great time out here. I spent New Year in Hong Kong and went to Thailand for Chinese New Year. I have a boyfriend, my children are the cutest but I've gained a lot of weight from all the oily food. Want to post pics but the internet is horrendous here.

Have any of your organs been harvested yet? Also have you tried dog yet? Don't lie.

Have any of your organs been harvested yet? Also have you tried dog yet? Don't lie.
No, I still have all my organs. The only dogs I see here are pampered pooches on leads. No cooked dogs. It's great. I did see a poor sheep chained to a fence opposite a restaurant though :(

I am possibly moving to China from living in the UK all my life. I am really excited about it but fearful that I'll feel isolated and homesick after a few months of being there. I will be tied to a contract so I can't just up and leave if it gets too much.

Anyone else done this or something similar?

*UPDATE*

I have received the job offer following my interview. I will be moving to Foshan which is in Guangdong Province. I am very excited but scared.
Hi baby be happy coz people out there would stare at u because ur beautiful and ur white

That surprises me a bit. I thought Chinese (sweeping generalisation here) were all about being honourable, academic etc. Do many families not produce child prodigies who can play amazing piano and violin etc? I imagine Chinese to be very clean. I did note though, that a friend who lives here was walking with me and spat on the street which I found rude.
I can't help but laugh now looking at the naivety of this post. The children I teach are as naughty as any uk child and they are very spoiled and mostly their grandparents do not discipline them, nor do their parents!

China very clean - PFFFT!!! I've seen a toddler piss all over a table in mcdonalds with his mum having no urgency to get him to the toilet when he needed to go. I frequently see children being dangled over bins in the metro, peeing. People of all walks of life spitting phlegm (yes, well to do women too!).

I lived in Shanghai for a couple of years, you get used to the dirt and the overcrowding and the (not to be an asshole) nongmin manners after not long. I moved on eventually as I was doing contract work and the state of the food/air quality just started getting to me in the end. All that being said I love the Chinese people and culture, can be a bit much at times when you grew up in upstate New York but they were awesome people. The Chinese often love to beat themselves up over their lack of manners, especially in comparison to the Japanese but they're actually much more polite than the average American and much more friendly also. Enjoy your time while you're out there and make sure you travel around a bit, stating the obvious I know but there is so much to see in that country. I personally loved the mountains and countryside in Anhui province the most.

I can't help but laugh now looking at the naivety of this post. The children I teach are as naughty as any uk child and they are very spoiled and mostly their grandparents do not discipline them, nor do their parents!

Haha yeah the "Little Emperors" are annoying. You wouldn't believe how entitled some millenials I meet are (even compared to American millenials!) I guess that's what happens when two parents plus four grandparents all focus on one kid's happiness.

I'll never get used to people blowing their noses right on to the ground or spitting phlegm etc without any regard for anybody else's shoes/feet.

Hope you are keeping a good diary of your experiences to look back on some day.

So which is better and bigger Guandong or Shandong?

Damn Tabares did creep this thread too!!!
Damn....

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh Hi Ghost what do you think about Guandong? do you think its better than Shandong?
jesus i dont wanna know what it be like for me.

Damn Tabares did creep this thread too!!!
Damn....

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh Hi Ghost what do you think about Guandong? do you think its better than Shandong?

you lost me... lol. im black..me in china might seem like an alien invasion

Yeah I know your black you told us before in another thread but what do you think about Guandong or Shandong ?

Wait I think I am making a mistake assuming you have been there? Now I am confused.

jesus i dont wanna know what it be like for me.

I thought I might start calling you Milky.

But then...

1415385536_how_to_scare_korean_women_in_korea.gif

I thought I might start calling you Milky.

But then...

1415385536_how_to_scare_korean_women_in_korea.gif

I heard that black guy became so popular in China that they change the name of one of their cities from ShangDong to Shang Bing Dong

Back