I'm running out of documentaries to watch, name some more

The Men Who Built America is a good documentary series if you’re a history buff. I enjoyed it enough to buy the series.

Watched Tell Me Who I Am, Wild Wild Country, Making Of A Murderer and all of the In Their Own Words series on Netflix. Please name me more docus I got Netflix & Amazing Prime. Feed my hungerrrrrrr
Didn't see it mentioned but if you are into sports Kobe Bryant's Muse was really good.

American murderer: The Family next door. It's on netflix or at least that's where I watched it. What did you think of wild country?

American murderer: The Family next door. It's on netflix or at least that's where I watched it. What did you think of wild country?
Wild Wild Country was pretty amazing. I was amazed at all the footage they had. I was always little more on the side of the local townies and once the poisonings started to happen that was a shocking turn.

Last edited:
Good stuff. I started dear zachary from an earlier comment recommendation and stopped it. I don't know why, seemed like a nice fellow, a doctor with a good sense of humor. I will give it another go.

my favorite documentaries are

dear zachary-

crazy because its not filmed in hind site but its actually filmed in real time while it is happening. The director's friend was murdered by a crazy ex girlfriend who was pregnant with his child. So the director decided to make a film interviewing people so that the child (once born) would grow up with some footage to know the father(his friend) he would never get to meet in real life. Except as this doc was being filmed, the mother escaped arrest for the murder charges in Illinois to canada to avoid arrest and then the canadian legal system showed how utterly ridiculous they were allowing her to keep the child of the man she murdered in cold blood. While everyone fought for the womans arrest and the return of the child to it's grandparents in the united states, the canadian system said fuck you all until eventually she murdered the child too and then canada changed its laws over this case and the backlash it received.

My Octopus Teacher-

Just a brilliant film that intertwines nature and human life, and the visuals are stunning. Its about a man who works filming documentaries in various places around the world and he wants to reconnect with nature on a more personal level after becoming disillusioned with filming docs in Africa while being away from his family. So he goes home off the coast of south africa and dives in the ocean every single day for a year straight and films his interactions with an octopus and they become friends and learn from each other about life.

The Hatchet Wielding HitchHiker was pretty good. Watched it last night. And watched the 2nd half of Malice At The Palace and Girl In The Picture.

Wild Wild Country was pretty amazing. I was amazed at all the footage they had. I was always little more on the side of the local townies and once the poisonings started to happen that was a shocking turn.
Bizarre as hell and intriguing, they really had their shit planned out and who knows what could have been if they weren't such a troublesome bunch. You want to do that kind of thing you can't make enemies out of the locals who'll just get uncle sam involved and then you're fucked. That sheila lady was sexy as hell and calculating, I loved how she got the bums in town to get votes and then booted them out when they blocked it. They offered the bums free beer and when the bums got too rowdy they slipped ludes into the beer. Just some cold motherfuckers.

Cult docus are fascinating to me because I've fallen for leaders I shouldn't have too and recognize a lot of myself in them. However, I still don't get how such intelligent people go for some of the bullshit they do. For example, Malcolm X was way more than smart enough to know the asinine Black Muslim tenets were mostly bullshit, yet, he acted like he believed in them. It's an interesting quirk in human nature, same for christians too, they'll spew ridiculous shit, even people who have the brains to know it's ridiculous.

I grew up in the northwest not that long after it happened. Was kinda crazy to me that I never heard anything about it until watching the doc.

if you are running out of documentaries to watch it is your problem for not knowing more. Try dig around some unusual events or neglected events in history/brush up on historical figures, documentaries on dictators are usually fun. Xi Jingping has a pretty interesting backstory. When I get board I go digging through British royal history particularly around the war of the roses.

doc on Sumo

History of the Yakuza

samurai stuff

Russian people

History of Ireland
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb11KxSGQpk&list=PL2Ms3UVVn-WxSs8yMiwn2zrQ9ZbfNQRxv

The Secret Life Of The Cruise is really interesting if youre into seeing how things work, they spend a week on a cruise ship filming 1,500 employees in several different departments as they all gel into one huge workforce to give 5,000 passengers a perfect fun filled vacation
Theres no scandals or crimes, its just a great look at the behind the scenes nuts and bolts of one of the largest cruise ships in the world, from the moment they dock in Miami and start loading up fresh supplies, including over 100,000 eggs, and start welcoming passenger arrivals for a week in paradise on the high seas to the moment they return back to Miami a week later for passenger departures and start the process all over again

Heres the trailer

Heres the whole doc

I knew some environmental health officers who we responsible for cruise ship inspections around the world. They were all based out of Ft. Lauderdale and I often wondered what it'd be like to work with them for a month or two.

Outcry (2020) 5 part docu series

This one is gripping. Its about a texas highschool football star who was accused of sexually assaulting a 4 year old. He went to prison but people kept fighting for him. The shocking thing about this series is how terribly corrupt the legal system in this small texas town did this kid. I mean they are on video coercing victim statements and at one point the lead detective on the case said his goal for the case was not finding the truth but rather getting a conviction regardless of truth. Eventually the kid was found innocent after years in prison and released after his life had been permanently altered.

A ton of religious bollocks being it's all a fucking have. But recently...

In December 1988, Scott Johnson, a gay American mathematician, was found dead beneath a cliff in Sydney, Australia. His death was quickly determined to be a suicide. But Steve Johnson, Scott's older brother, had doubts and would spend the next 35 years trying to solve the mystery of Scott's death. He could have never imagined the tinderbox he would crack open—a wave of anti-gay violence, which was systematically ignored for decades.

https://www.hulu.com/series/never-let-him-go-a04d05c1-cd8e-4aba-9475-d110abbdc1d3

Bizarre as hell and intriguing, they really had their shit planned out and who knows what could have been if they weren't such a troublesome bunch. You want to do that kind of thing you can't make enemies out of the locals who'll just get uncle sam involved and then you're fucked. That sheila lady was sexy as hell and calculating, I loved how she got the bums in town to get votes and then booted them out when they blocked it. They offered the bums free beer and when the bums got too rowdy they slipped ludes into the beer. Just some cold motherfuckers.

Cult docus are fascinating to me because I've fallen for leaders I shouldn't have too and recognize a lot of myself in them. However, I still don't get how such intelligent people go for some of the bullshit they do. For example, Malcolm X was way more than smart enough to know the asinine Black Muslim tenets were mostly bullshit, yet, he acted like he believed in them. It's an interesting quirk in human nature, same for christians too, they'll spew ridiculous shit, even people who have the brains to know it's ridiculous.
I got the feeling most of the men were there for the free love aspect. Sheila is a complex character, I despised much of what they showed she did in the documentary but at the end she seems to be lovingly taking care of the elderly. It was also wild that the most plaintive and gentle lady was tapped to do an assassination because he had some vague experience with guns.

Back