I'm running out of documentaries to watch, name some more

Touching the void
Dear zachary
Blackfish
The cove
Capturing the friedmans

These were all recommended to me on here

narrated by Roger Waters, an analysis of Israel's decades-long battle for the hearts, minds, and tax dollars of the American people.

so many well done docus, my faves:

Cocaine Cowboys 1 and 2.
Mr. Untouchable-Nicky Barnes
When The Levees Broke
All American-Jim Brown docu
Tupac-Resurrection
Streetwise-docu on seattle streetkids from 83, my sis was in that as well as some people I knew. has a following all these years later. My feelings are mixed, I feel the makers exploited the kids but it's still a great docu.
A million more, my interests are all over too.

Last edited:
Touching the void
Dear zachary
Blackfish
The cove
Capturing the friedmans

These were all recommended to me on here
the friedmans was one fucked up family, truly bizarre.

A must watch for anyone interested in ancient civilizations and/or the Great Pyramid.

I honestly wonder how it is that the mainstream still maintains such a flawed perspective of our history. There was more going on here (at some point) than we have accounted for.

Mysterious type shit, crime, cults, survival, I have watched a ton of sports ones too on ESPN , I think I watched all the ones that I wanted there like Last Dance, Lance, one on Greg Lemond even the Carolyn Jenner one, my fave was about Carl Lewis and Ben Johnson

not raelly in to corporate crime or crypto ones but have watched those too. Thanks
I don't have too many recs for those genres. I watched some of the American gladiator series it's popcorn entertainment and easy. Also since someone posted Meru, I love mountain climbing docs despite being afraid if hikes. For more serious documentaries I always recommend The Square on Netflix. It covers the protests in Egypt under military rule, transitioning to civilian. It's a really cool project because you see first hand what democracritization is like compared to how it's described in a textbook.

Mysterious type shit, crime, cults, survival, I have watched a ton of sports ones too on ESPN , I think I watched all the ones that I wanted there like Last Dance, Lance, one on Greg Lemond even the Carolyn Jenner one, my fave was about Carl Lewis and Ben Johnson

not raelly in to corporate crime or crypto ones but have watched those too. Thanks

Madeleine Mccann disappearance one

I really liked How To Create A Sex Scandal on Max. Three episodes and I burned right through them in a sitting.

A must watch for anyone interested in ancient civilizations and/or the Great Pyramid.

I honestly wonder how it is that the mainstream still maintains such a flawed perspective of our history. There was more going on here (at some point) than we have accounted for.

Like what? UFO's building them?

Bit of a tearjerker, but a really fantastic documentary.
b1f1a6bf-9d04-4ad9-99b8-3fedc1e77fb2.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

Had zero expectations (I like Raul Juliá but I wouldn't say I'm a superfan,) but left with a much greater appreciation for him and the community as a whole.

Reactions: HHJ
my favorite documentaries are

dear zachary-

crazy because its not filmed in hind site but its actually filmed in real time while it is happening. The director's friend was murdered by a crazy ex girlfriend who was pregnant with his child. So the director decided to make a film interviewing people so that the child (once born) would grow up with some footage to know the father(his friend) he would never get to meet in real life. Except as this doc was being filmed, the mother escaped arrest for the murder charges in Illinois to canada to avoid arrest and then the canadian legal system showed how utterly ridiculous they were allowing her to keep the child of the man she murdered in cold blood. While everyone fought for the womans arrest and the return of the child to it's grandparents in the united states, the canadian system said fuck you all until eventually she murdered the child too and then canada changed its laws over this case and the backlash it received.

My Octopus Teacher-

Just a brilliant film that intertwines nature and human life, and the visuals are stunning. Its about a man who works filming documentaries in various places around the world and he wants to reconnect with nature on a more personal level after becoming disillusioned with filming docs in Africa while being away from his family. So he goes home off the coast of south africa and dives in the ocean every single day for a year straight and films his interactions with an octopus and they become friends and learn from each other about life.

Back