Elections I'm still convinced morals and ethics should weigh strongly in deciding who leads us.

And believing that old fashioned notion makes me wonder why someone like Liz Cheney has been ostracized and DJT is about to consolidate his hold on the GOP. Let's look at the tale of the tape in this hypothetical match up

Liz Cheney vs Donald Trump

Age-

57 vs 77

Conservative background-

Her entire life vs since maybe 2015 give or take

Impeachments-

0 vs 2

Indictments-

0 vs 91

Ongoing trials-

0 vs 5 or 6 I’ve lost count

Staffers who have gone to jail or lost millions in lawsuits related to her work-

None that I know of vs A shit ton

Marriages

1 vs 4

Charge of sexual assault & paying for sex-

0 vs many

Religious faith

United Methodist vs the almighty dollar

Willingness to sacrifice for the greater good?

Seems like it vs no fucking way

Assaults on the capitol caused

0 vs 1

Popular votes lost

0 vs 2

Lies caught in

None that I know of vs 5,000,612 and counting

While I disagree with her politics but would strongly consider voting for a Cheney lead ticket with Haley, Kinzinger, Pence or insert other non-tainted republican over any Trump or Biden led tickets.

Am I nuts? Are there other left leaning independents that would vote for a conservative ticket over Joe at this point?
From the Trump indictments thread,
Ahem. Heh heh hehhhhhh

Updated flip list, now provisionally at 15:
Official flips (6),
Scott Hall
Donald Bender
Jeff McConney
Allen Weisselberg
Sidney Powell
and now Kenneth Cheese Bro

Presumed pending further info,
IT director at Crap a Lago, Oliveira,
IT worker at Crap a Lago, Yuscil Taveras,
Evan Corcoran
3 fake electors,
Mark Meadows,
Jeffrey Clark,
Lin Wood

Going back to my earlier predictions, I still think Misty and Cathy are next. I originally thought they'd go before Cheese Bro and Powell but the whole speedy trial thing switched that up.
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/trump-indicted-on-91-counts.4294794/post-172204519

Just a quick note on the original idea of the post-----

Picking Cheney was intended to show a recent politician of strong conservative bent who's policies I don't like but who's integrity I respect WHO WAS DAMAGED FOR OPPOSING GOP GROUP THINK.

If you hate the use of Cheney throw in any recent republican politician that fits that bill. She was the most obvious going from 3rd in leadership of the GOP to out on her ass, but you can throw Mike or Ron in there right now, or Mitt or a huge number of others. Hell throw Kevin in there if you want.

Having said that I would vote for Liz or Ron or Mike or a lot of other politicians I don't agree with over Don and strongly consider them against Joe.

I have voted republican multiple times in my life, mostly on local and state level, can't think of it on national but I may have, because I am willing to listen to the both sides, and try to determine who the right person is for the job, not just picking my "Team".

Ask yourself, if you've never voted for the side you don't lean towards, ever in your life, have you really always made the right choice. Not once in the history of your voting has your "sides" candidate been the weaker choice?

Doesn't mean I want her or any of them to be president, just means I'm willing to pick the lesser of two evils based on my belief that they hold fast to their beliefs and have some morals and ethics bulwarking their beliefs...

Snakes are back in the box, sermon is over.

Just a quick note on the original idea of the post-----

Picking Cheney was intended to show a recent politician of strong conservative bent who's policies I don't like but who's integrity I respect WHO WAS DAMAGED FOR OPPOSING GOP GROUP THINK.

If you hate the use of Cheney throw in any recent republican politician that fits that bill. She was the most obvious going from 3rd in leadership of the GOP to out on her ass, but you can throw Mike or Ron in there right now, or Mitt or a huge number of others. Hell throw Kevin in there if you want.

Having said that I would vote for Liz or Ron or Mike or a lot of other politicians I don't agree with over Don and strongly consider them against Joe.

I have voted republican multiple times in my life, mostly on local and state level, can't think of it on national but I may have, because I am willing to listen to the both sides, and try to determine who the right person is for the job, not just picking my "Team".

Ask yourself, if you've never voted for the side you don't lean towards, ever in your life, have you really always made the right choice. Not once in the history of your voting has your "sides" candidate been the weaker choice?

Doesn't mean I want her or any of them to be president, just means I'm willing to pick the lesser of two evils based on my belief that they hold fast to their beliefs and have some morals and ethics bulwarking their beliefs...

Snakes are back in the box, sermon is over.

Liz Cheney wants to bomb Iran. She is a cookie cutter neocon.

Trump is the one with the entire establishment against him specifically because he doesn't just follow neocon dogma.

You have this utterly backwards.

Liz Cheney wants to bomb Iran. She is a cookie cutter neocon.

Trump is the one with the entire establishment against him specifically because he doesn't just follow neocon dogma.

You have this utterly backwards.
Yeah, I'm totally sure all those people in my post above are just out to get him because establishment :D

Why do democrats seem so concerned with picking the other party's candidate and 0 standards for their own?

No, nobody wants another goddamn Cheney or any other neocon in charge. Liz Cheney is such a sacrificer that her net worth went from $7 million to $44 million in just 6 years of "public service" as a member of congress with a $170,000 salary.
Because I'm tired of you idiots setting the bar so astoundingly low that I choose Biden simply because he's not Trump. It's embarrassing. Dems should be scrambling to come up with progressive policies that help everyone because Republicans have some rock solid policies they're pitching as well.

Iron sharpens Iron and all that. Instead they're going full speed into Idiotic conspiratorial racist Maga nonsense.
Let's see some facts don't care about your feelings evidence based policy that will help get the country back on track please.

Do better.

Because I'm tired of you idiots setting the bar so astoundingly low that I choose Biden simply because he's not Trump. It's embarrassing. Dems should be scrambling to come up with progressive policies that help everyone because Republicans have some rock solid policies they're pitching as well.

Iron sharpens Iron and all that. Instead they're going full speed into Idiotic conspiratorial racist Maga nonsense.
Let's see some facts don't care about your feelings evidence based policy that will help get the country back on track please.

Do better.
I see, so you can't offer beneficial policies unless you have an opponent that nobody likes instead of one that's favored to win?

That excuse wouldn't have been as laughable if you didn't just have a primary 3 years ago, or demanded one now, and there were like 35 people on stage, and you all kicked the "progressive" candidates t the curb and picked the guy with dementia and huge corruption scandals.

I see, so you can't offer beneficial policies unless you have an opponent that nobody likes instead of one that's favored to win?

That excuse wouldn't have been as laughable if you didn't just have a primary 3 years ago, or demanded one now, and there were like 35 people on stage, and you all kicked the "progressive" candidates t the curb and picked the guy with dementia and huge corruption scandals.
you've probably already answered this a thousand times, but how is Jan 6 not a disqualifying moment for Trump?

Sorry if I'm asking a question you're tired of answering.. same question for @ColemanwastheGOAT.

I'm trying to understand that because for me that was clearly the event that should have led the GOP down a different path and I think a whole lot of the GOP thought it would, but somehow????

PS- he is now down $83.3 million to E Jean per the jury today,,,,That has to sting a bit

Moral and ethics used to be far more important. I quit the Republican Party when, HW Bush said, "Read my lips, no new taxes", and then approved a big tax increase. I voted for Harry Browne and Bednarick after that asshole. Today, no one cares if Joe Biden or Trump lies like that. The Clintons' arrival was the final nail that sealed the deal on us having ethical leadership. I've gotten to the point where I don't really listen to their claims (lies), but watch their actions. I don't care if Trump lies about his net worth, crowd size, or bestest hires, if he is doing well on the economy, border, international issues, etc. I don't care if Biden lies about his academic credentials, upbringing, his helicopter rides in Afghanistan, his train rides, or coal mining family, as long as he performs well in his job. My standards have clearly dropped as the politicians have become even worse and we only get to pick from what is offered.

you've probably already answered this a thousand times, but how is Jan 6 not a disqualifying moment for Trump?

Sorry if I'm asking a question you're tired of answering.. same question for @ColemanwastheGOAT.

I'm trying to understand that because for me that was clearly the event that should have led the GOP down a different path and I think a whole lot of the GOP thought it would, but somehow????

Because he told them not to do it.

You guys never bring that up except to excuse Obama and Biden doing it.
I brought it up right now, and not for the purposes of excusing anyone else doing anything (note that Biden ended Trump's droning campaign, and Trump had greatly increased droning from where it was under Obama). I'm also just an individual person. Not part of any group or anything, and I speak only for myself.

I brought it up right now, and not for the purposes of excusing anyone else doing anything (note that Biden ended Trump's droning campaign, and Trump had greatly increased droning from where it was under Obama).

Uh, yes, that is why you brought it up. You brought it up because I said I can't understand guys like you who worship mass murderers like Obama but draw the line at mean tweets.

Uh, yes, that is why you brought it up. You brought it up because I said I can't understand guys like you who worship mass murderers like Obama but draw the line at mean tweets.
I don't worship any politicians and didn't mention Obama at all. I don't draw the line at Trump's tweets, though they certainly are one of many signs of his unfitness for public office or any role of real responsibility. You sound like you're having some kind of episode.

Are you saying that you think Trump's drone bombing campaign was good, though?

I don't worship any politicians and didn't mention Obama at all. I don't draw the line at Trump's tweets, though they certainly are one of many signs of his unfitness for public office or any role of real responsibility. You sound like you're having some kind of episode.

OK bro. See you in November.

No one actually thinks that Biden is corrupt or senile, though. It's just because he won that hacks feel the need to make up crazy lies about him.

Why would it be? If candidates are disqualified for someone who voted for them breaking the law, then we can't have anybody run for office ever again. Nobody wanted to lock Bernie up or disqualify him for the congressional baseball shooting, Kamala Harris is next in line for the presidency after not just encouraging rioters(who actually killed people), but raising money to bail them out of jail if they got locked up during 6 months of nationwide riots that did billions in damages with several dozen murders. How can anybody sit with a straight face and say 75 million people should lose their right to vote for the candidate they want to vote for, but nobody else?

Back