Elections I'm still convinced morals and ethics should weigh strongly in deciding who leads us.

I'll never understand these people who think posting mean tweets is worse (especially less ethical) than dropping bombs on innocent people.

They don't:

There is not a single major politician that is not a giant piece of shit ethically. it is part of the job. we just tend to pretend those that agree with us somehow are innocent. Joe Biden is a giant piece of shit human being. So is Trump. So you are better off trying to figure out who is better for your wallet and not who is a good dude

And believing that old fashioned notion makes me wonder why someone like Liz Cheney has been ostracized and DJT is about to consolidate his hold on the GOP. Let's look at the tale of the tape in this hypothetical match up

Liz Cheney vs Donald Trump

Age-

57 vs 77

Conservative background-

Her entire life vs since maybe 2015 give or take

Impeachments-

0 vs 2

Indictments-

0 vs 91

Ongoing trials-

0 vs 5 or 6 I’ve lost count

Staffers who have gone to jail or lost millions in lawsuits related to her work-

None that I know of vs A shit ton

Marriages

1 vs 4

Charge of sexual assault & paying for sex-

0 vs many

Religious faith

United Methodist vs the almighty dollar

Willingness to sacrifice for the greater good?

Seems like it vs no fucking way

Assaults on the capitol caused

0 vs 1

Popular votes lost

0 vs 2

Lies caught in

None that I know of vs 5,000,612 and counting

While I disagree with her politics but would strongly consider voting for a Cheney lead ticket with Haley, Kinzinger, Pence or insert other non-tainted republican over any Trump or Biden led tickets.

Am I nuts? Are there other left leaning independents that would vote for a conservative ticket over Joe at this point?

Its obvious the GOP has taken a radical shift since Trump.

Trump does not and has never represented traditional conservatism in American, he's sumblimely apolitical and voted democrat his entire life.

Hes the opposite of the tenants of conservatism easily since Nixon.

If "Grab em in da pu&&y" didn't disqualify him, you know morality has NOTHING to do with his support base.

Mostly I don't like many people running and don't want to be their "friend".

I vote policy and platform.
Republicans didn't even put out a platform in 2020. In Trump's four years in office, the only significant legislation (aside from emergency pandemic stuff) was another deficit-financed tax cut for rich people (people who inherit more than $11M, high earners, and corporations).

But I agree we have no idea what people are really like and we should judge them by what they do with the power we give them.

Republicans didn't even put out a platform in 2020. In Trump's four years in office, the only significant legislation (aside from emergency pandemic stuff) was another deficit-financed tax cut for rich people (people who inherit more than $11M, high earners, and corporations).

But I agree we have no idea what people are really like and we should judge them by what they do with the power we give them.

They said they were running on the 2016 platform.

Its obvious the GOP has taken a radical shift since Trump.

Trump does not and has never represented traditional conservatism in American, he's sumblimely apolitical and voted democrat his entire life.

Hes the opposite of the tenants of conservatism easily since Nixon.

If "Grab em in da pu&&y" didn't disqualify him, you know morality has NOTHING to do with his support base.

Trump shifted the conversation more into establishment vs. anti establishment instead of left vs. right or liberal vs. conservative. Ironically enough he's part of the establishment himself.

The alarming thing is the overwhelming support Trump seems to have within conservatism.

Why? He's an incompetent criminal who sounds like an imbecile whenever he opens his mouth. The man was banned from running a charity because he stole from cancer kids. Are his racism and xenophobia really that big a draw in the GOP?

Biden is a terrible candidate in my opinion who before the presidency had a horrific legacy, but at the end of the day he's in a party that is actually trying to make things better. A lot of our local chuds will call that a joke, but where Trump promised infrastructure Biden delivered it, and he would have delivered more with less obstruction. Trump promised a pointless wall and a brilliant health care plan, how did all that work out?

I used to believe all that mattered was the office and all that it brings, but they had the choice to pick someone who wasn't a sack of crap. They're going to choose the sack of crap.
He is incompetent criminal find me any politican in Washington that is NOT

He is incompetent criminal find me any politican in Washington that is NOT
We're quick to be dismissive of politicians and call them criminals.
Every society in history does it, its a way to absolve ourselves or responsibility and generally just an excuse for societal failings, "Well its the corrupt politicians."

Trump is a truly and exception.

His existance prior to politics was rife with scandal, theft, amorality, deceit, and sexual assault. Whatever failing our elected officials have, even the historically criminally worse like Nixon, literally have NOTHING on Trump

Trump shifted the conversation more into establishment vs. anti establishment instead of left vs. right or liberal vs. conservative. Ironically enough he's part of the establishment himself.
Thats a good point.

I cant believe I missed this. The only thing I could see consistent with him traditional conservatism is maybe racism.

But your spot on and I feel kinda silly for not noticing this. I learned something on Sherdog.

He couldnt be anymore of the establishment

Its wild to see how hes sold himself to simple poor people otherwise.

"We love the uneducated."

what about JImmy Carter?

Still compromised. Whenever a candidate becomes the nominee for their party, there's an entire machine behind them. And behind those are the donors.

They literally can't get even nominated without the sign off of a lot of people.

I see, so you can't offer beneficial policies unless you have an opponent that nobody likes instead of one that's favored to win?

That excuse wouldn't have been as laughable if you didn't just have a primary 3 years ago, or demanded one now, and there were like 35 people on stage, and you all kicked the "progressive" candidates t the curb and picked the guy with dementia and huge corruption scandals.
Politics is graded on a curve. Right now Republicans insanity has brought it down.

I'm not gonna act as if these people are selfless servants for us.

Thanks for proving my point. The bar was set so low some diaper wearing dementia patient was seen as a better alternative than what the right is offering.

There is not a single major politician that is not a giant piece of shit ethically. it is part of the job. we just tend to pretend those that agree with us somehow are innocent. Joe Biden is a giant piece of shit human being. So is Trump. So you are better off trying to figure out who is better for your wallet and not who is a good dude
How about what's better for everyone.
What a selfish outlook.

How about what's better for everyone.
What a selfish outlook.
well by default, i would think what is best for me is best for most. but if i thought something was better for most, but horrendous for me, you think i should vote against my own self interests?

what a stupid outlook

well by default, i would think what is best for me is best for most. but if i thought something was better for most, but horrendous for me, you think i should vote against my own self interests?

what a stupid outlook
Define horrendous, like a bit less money in your pocket but everyone gets free health care? Maybe a bit less convenience but the environment isn't destroyed.

There is no logical explanation for popularity. It just happens and there is nothing you can do to stop it. You're either liked or you're not. That basically decides everything.

what a stupid outlook

It's a stupid outlook that people will sacrifice certain things for the greater good?

It's called being a good person.

Politics is graded on a curve. Right now Republicans insanity has brought it down.

I'm not gonna act as if these people are selfless servants for us.

Thanks for proving my point. The bar was set so low some diaper wearing dementia patient was seen as a better alternative than what the right is offering.
Yeah, I don't think you're making the point you think you are. Democrats can't pick a decent candidate in their own primary because "the right"?

You just proved the point I often make, that democrats won't take responsibility for anything ever, and try to blame republicans for their failures even when there isn't a republican in sight.

Because he told them not to do it.
Tragedy is that so many of his most loyal and ardent followers, that listened to his every word, and traveled from all over the country, somehow misinterpreted this clear and direct communication, did exactly what he did not want them to do, continued doing it for hours, storming barricades, attacking police, getting shot, and ending up going to jail for extended terms. If only he had realized it was going on early in the process and could have made some sort of pronouncement to make it stop, but alas he was unaware of it for hours, BUT he did heroically jump into action, with tweets like-

January 6, 2021
19:24:22
Mike Pence didn't have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution, giving States a chance to certify a corrected set of facts, not the fraudulent or inaccurate ones which they were asked to previously certify. USA demands the truth!
Retweets: 0
Favorites: 0
January 6, 2021
19:38:58
Please support our Capitol Police and Law Enforcement. They are truly on the side of our Country. Stay peaceful!
Retweets: 107460
Favorites: 582183
January 6, 2021
20:13:26
I am asking for everyone at the U.S. Capitol to remain peaceful. No violence! Remember, WE are the Party of Law & Order – respect the Law and our great men and women in Blue. Thank you!
Retweets: 156100
Favorites: 730357
January 6, 2021
21:17:24
https://t.co/Pm2PKV0Fp3 [APP Note: text of deleted video.]
January 6, 2021
23:01:04
These are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away from great patriots who have been badly & unfairly treated for so long. Go home with love & in peace. Remember this day forever!

For timing context- At 12:53 p.m., nineteen minutes before Trump ended his speech, rioters overran the perimeter of the Capitol building, and at 2:06 p.m. they entered the building through the Columbus Doors.

C'mon Mark....

Because I'm tired of you idiots setting the bar so astoundingly low that I choose Biden simply because he's not Trump. It's embarrassing. Dems should be scrambling to come up with progressive policies that help everyone because Republicans have some rock solid policies they're pitching as well.

Iron sharpens Iron and all that. Instead they're going full speed into Idiotic conspiratorial racist Maga nonsense.
Let's see some facts don't care about your feelings evidence based policy that will help get the country back on track please.

Do better.

Lmaoooooo you people are so broken.

“Because your party is so bad, my party had to settle and we voted for the worst president ever! Please do better!”

I love it

Back