Incoming Ballistic Missile to Hawaii (Update: Nah)

It felt like it was retracted fairly quickly. Idk I was working at the time, literally just about to make an entry on a house to make a warrant arrest way up in a mountain in the middle of nowhere.

Sent my wife a text saying “I hope you’re safe” and just got back to working.

Everything turned out fine, but yeah it was a pretty inexcusable fuck up.

Relatively speaking, is 38 minutes really "quickly" when you're told a nuclear missile is about to obliterate your island?

Governor Ige should resign from this. A disaster to have your citizens in terror for 40 minutes. Even with the initial text fuck-up, why did it take 40 minutes to get a correction/counter message out?
The exact same fuck up would have happened under Hanabusa's watch or anyone else who seized the opportunity to grandstand on the news over this.

Some lame excuses they gave from the press conf re: why they kept everyone in extreme terror for fucking 38 minutes:

1. They didn't have the "false alarm" message automated so had to do it manually. Does it take a room full of fucktards 38 minutes to draft a msg saying "false alarm"?

2. The chief of police said they knew it was a false alarm but because it was a state warning, they left it up to the state to give the false alarm message. I really don't think not wanting to step on the state's toes is a good reason to leave everyone in terror. People could have had heart attacks and died. Inconsiderate and poor judgment.

3. They had to get "permission" from the wireless authorities because they're not supposed to use the wireless network for tests. Seems like stupid assholes in charge and on duty over there.

4. They used Twitter and Facebook. I didn't know the fucking gov't uses that shit. I was frantically checking CNN, and the various local news channel websites for some sort of confirmation hoping it was a hack prank and couldn't find shit. The first thing these assholes should have done was do a group text msg to various local news media contacts re: false alarm ASAP.

It felt like it was retracted fairly quickly. Idk I was working at the time, literally just about to make an entry on a house to make a warrant arrest way up in a mountain in the middle of nowhere.

Sent my wife a text saying “I hope you’re safe” and just got back to working.

Everything turned out fine, but yeah it was a pretty inexcusable fuck up.
Are you Dog the Bounty Hunter or Leland or Youngblood?

I'd like to think a simple mistake was made. Would love to see their procedures manual in order to get a sense of where the breakdown occurred.
If I were to guess -- Hawaii beign very Liberal and closest to NK -- what better way to get people to get a jolt of reality than to do that - I think it was done on purpose. I can't believe that its as easy as pushing a button to send a missle attack alert. Given the situation come on ......

If I were to guess -- Hawaii beign very Liberal and closest to NK -- what better way to get people to get a jolt of reality than to do that - I think it was done on purpose. I can't believe that its as easy as pushing a button to send a missle attack alert. Given the situation come on ......
People everywhere click "OK" on popup windows without reading all the time. I have seen people screw up shit repeatedly that normal people should get done correctly on one attempt. These assholes added to the perception of there being too many incompetent dumbshits here.

People everywhere click "OK" on popup windows without reading all the time. I have seen people screw up shit repeatedly that normal people should get done correctly on one attempt. These assholes added to the perception of there being too many incompetent dumbshits here.
Even if it was a click ya gotta think something pops up saying -- hey ya sure ya REALLLLLY waNna do this........

Even if it was a click ya gotta think something pops up saying -- hey ya sure ya REALLLLLY waNna do this........
They said it did. The are you sure you're sure window was already in place.

Keep in mind, it's a warning and speed of delivery matters for intercontinental ballistic missiles where you only have like 15 min advance notice.

Are you Dog the Bounty Hunter or Leland or Youngblood?

Nah, I’m an actual cop. I’ve had run ins with them though.

Relatively speaking, is 38 minutes really "quickly" when you're told a nuclear missile is about to obliterate your island?

That’s why I said, “idk.” I was working and already in a potentially life-threatening situation, so to me it seemed like no time at all.

Nah, I’m an actual cop. I’ve had run ins with them though.

How do you feel about the police chief knowing it was a false alarm but leaving it to the state to give the correction message since the warning came from the state, and probably not wanting the city to step on the state's toes? She could have easily called or group texted the local news media to spread the word quicker so people wouldn't have been in prolonged terror.

EDIT: The news just reported the police knew 3 minutes later it was a false alarm. One radio station designated as a emergency info station due to having a generator and being staffed 24/7 had only one phone line that was busy.

Last edited:
Some lame excuses they gave from the press conf re: why they kept everyone in extreme terror for fucking 38 minutes:

1. They didn't have the "false alarm" message automated so had to do it manually. Does it take a room full of fucktards 38 minutes to draft a msg saying "false alarm"?

2. The chief of police said they knew it was a false alarm but because it was a state warning, they left it up to the state to give the false alarm message. I really don't think not wanting to step on the state's toes is a good reason to leave everyone in terror. People could have had heart attacks and died. Inconsiderate and poor judgment.

3. They had to get "permission" from the wireless authorities because they're not supposed to use the wireless network for tests. Seems like stupid assholes in charge and on duty over there.

4. They used Twitter and Facebook. I didn't know the fucking gov't uses that shit. I was frantically checking CNN, and the various local news channel websites for some sort of confirmation hoping it was a hack prank and couldn't find shit. The first thing these assholes should have done was do a group text msg to various local news media contacts re: false alarm ASAP.

Just a question don't you think the entire USA should receive an alert for a missile attack? Not just Hawaii?

Assuming it will be a nuke missile I am sure your governments response is to Nuke the offending country to the ground and might expect retaliatory strikes from N.Koreas allies like China,

How close could this type of mistake be to setting off a retaliatory attack?

This one was a local problem, so no danger of a retaliation from Washington, at least according to reports.

I think there’s a significant likelihood we’re not being told the whole story. I would not be surprised if the USA used a space laser to shoot down a NK missile and did not want to admit the tech to the world, and this alarm was an error as a part of that system.

I think there’s a significant likelihood we’re not being told the whole story. I would not be surprised if the USA used a space laser to shoot down a NK missile and did not want to admit the tech to the world, and this alarm was an error as a part of that system.
I can see how that makes sense, but it makes less sense that the government of Hawaii would lie about it and take blame in a way that would be easily and publicly refuted by regular employees.

I can see how that makes sense, but it makes less sense that the government of Hawaii would lie about it and take blame in a way that would be easily and publicly refuted by regular employees.

That one dude just took the blame so immediately and unoquviallbly, without explaining how in the hell he accidentally hit the wrong button. That just doesn’t even begin to make sense and is impossible to contemplate. Shift change is too broad a description. Now if it’s true, these guys could just be absolute morons, but I find that unlikely.

That one dude just took the blame so immediately and unoquviallbly, without explaining how in the hell he accidentally hit the wrong button. That just doesn’t even begin to make sense and is impossible to contemplate. Shift change is too broad a description. Now if it’s true, these guys could just be absolute morons, but I find that unlikely.
It doesn't make sense because we don't have access to the system in question. When they say "button" we don't know what they are talking about. There's less reason to question their word than there is to accept it though.

I think your Nuclear command gets their infornation directly from NORAD and will advice president Trump when to push those big buttons.

But why does Hawaii have their own local warning? Where should they get info on the attack.

Back