Incoming Ballistic Missile to Hawaii (Update: Nah)

I think your Nuclear command gets their infornation directly from NORAD and will advice president Trump when to push those big buttons.

But why does Hawaii have their own local warning? Where should they get info on the attack.

This article explains it pretty well:
http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/14/us/hawaii-false-alarm-explanation/index.html

It was a drill, and the problem was that they were only supposed to send the "emergency" to people doing the drill, but they accidentally broadcasted it to everybody.

Just a question don't you think the entire USA should receive an alert for a missile attack? Not just Hawaii?

Assuming it will be a nuke missile I am sure your governments response is to Nuke the offending country to the ground and might expect retaliatory strikes from N.Koreas allies like China,
I think we should leave warning the entire US of A to the smarter big boys in the military. I don't think you want who knows how many on the mainland freaking out and flooding the phone lines thinking their loved ones in HI are about to get nuked dead when it was a false alarm.

How close could this type of mistake be to setting off a retaliatory attack?
My guess is the smarter people in the military who are watching this shit 24/7 can quickly recognize when unionized HI employees are wrong.

That one dude just took the blame so immediately and unoquviallbly, without explaining how in the hell he accidentally hit the wrong button. That just doesn’t even begin to make sense and is impossible to contemplate. Shift change is too broad a description. Now if it’s true, these guys could just be absolute morons, but I find that unlikely.
Dumbshits make mistakes all the time without thinking, in each of the 50 states 24/7.

They said each shift change, they are supposed to run through a checklist of how to do the alert. There's a real alert button and a test button. The jackass pressed the real one and likely didn't read the "are you sure?" message.

What showed more incompetence was the 38 minute delay for the false alarm correction message.

I think your Nuclear command gets their infornation directly from NORAD and will advice president Trump when to push those big buttons.

But why does Hawaii have their own local warning? Where should they get info on the attack.
HI is supposed to get their warning info from the feds who are the ones with the high tech monitoring equipment. The feds have more important shit to worry about monitoring worldwide shit than to fuck with local emergency warning systems.

Dumbshits make mistakes all the time without thinking, in each of the 50 states 24/7.

They said each shift change, they are supposed to run through a checklist of how to do the alert. There's a real alert button and a test button. The jackass pressed the real one and likely didn't read the "are you sure?" message.

What showed more incompetence was the 38 minute delay for the false alarm correction message.
Close, they actually sent the message on the wrong template. It was supposed to be an internal message (for a drill) and they accidentally used a template for a public one. That actually makes perfect sense of a really weird-sounding event.

My guess is the smarter people in the military who are watching this shit 24/7 can quickly recognize when unionized HI employees are wrong.

Were you around during the cold war?
I am only 35 so I am not from that Era but my grand mother use to tell me stories about cold war and she says in the USA specially in the state of Florida there were Nuke attack drills.

And even when she moved to California during the Late 70s there are talks about building shelters for a posible Nuke attack.

Is that true? Or granny just BSing me.

Were you around during the cold war?
I am only 35 so I am not from that Era but my grand mother use to tell me stories about cold war and she says in the USA specially in the state of Florida there were Nuke attack drills.

And even when she moved to California during the Late 70s there are talks about building shelters for a posible Nuke attack.

Is that true? Or granny just BSing me.
I think it's true based on the old TV footage of them doing those drills.

Also, yesterday there was video of locals putting their kids into sewer manholes, but the mayor said that could be dangerous if there's toxic gases in there.

I didn't stand a chance, if it was a real Nuke consider me toast. I drove to my sisters house which was close to where I was @ the moment. Hid in the bathroom filling up the tub with water. And just waited it out.

I didn't stand a chance, if it was a real Nuke consider me toast. I drove to my sisters house which was close to where I was @ the moment. Hid in the bathroom filling up the tub with water. And just waited it out.

Did you think you were going to die? Will you do anything differently now?

Probably was a mandatory 15 minute break for part of the time, and then someone had to check their personal text messages and email, booked a medical appointment, shopped online for a gift and then went to the Drudgerport and saw Holy F$%# we're being attacked by a missile...wait.

I think it's true based on the old TV footage of them doing those drills.

Also, yesterday there was video of locals putting their kids into sewer manholes, but the mayor said that could be dangerous if there's toxic gases in there.

Somebody really needs to get fired for that misshap it scared people it made them put their kids into sewer manholes etc. People could have died.

So its like we are in cold war 2.0 because of China and Nokor!

Had to take a good bath before the final showdown eh?

I wonder if there some lunatic sickos who planned to rape their neighbors daughter before the apocalypses

How do you feel about the police chief knowing it was a false alarm but leaving it to the state to give the correction message since the warning came from the state, and probably not wanting the city to step on the state's toes? She could have easily called or group texted the local news media to spread the word quicker so people wouldn't have been in prolonged terror.

Huh? City and military officials did go on social media and announce that it was a false alarm in less than half the time it took the state to announce it. However, the chief of police does not have access to the same emergency reporting system that the state does to send it to every cellphone.

Had to take a good bath before the final showdown eh?

I wonder if there some lunatic sickos who planned to rape their neighbors daughter before the apocalypses
The tub of water was for consumption or any of the sorts. I was caught off guard.

I'm sure some sick secrets came out in that 38min time period.

Did you think you were going to die? Will you do anything differently now?
I thought it was a wrap, just told my sister & family I love them and held her puppy & waited for the end. Honestly can't really do too much to prepare besides having food/water and a shelter that can withstand the initial blast. Not too many shelters here that I know of here, but I'm pretty sure if the military doesn't counter the missile most of Hawaii would be done. Accepted it was the end was the only thing I could do.

Somebody really needs to get fired for that misshap it scared people it made them put their kids into sewer manholes etc. People could have died.

So its like we are in cold war 2.0 because of China and Nokor!
The news said today the employees are getting death threats and the brain farter is getting reassigned.

The news also showed a richer family putting their kids into their nice basement built around WWII days. No need for manholes for them.

Probably was a mandatory 15 minute break for part of the time, and then someone had to check their personal text messages and email, booked a medical appointment, shopped online for a gift and then went to the Drudgerport and saw Holy F$%# we're being attacked by a missile...wait.
My guess would be they were taking their time chit chatting with VIPs and their friends and family while everyone else were shitting themselves. The cellphone and landlines were probably flooded too, which is why they say to text instead of call during crazy emergency times because it uses less system capacity.

Back