intermitant fasting

im with swiftmayhem, i have one meal before and one after training rather than training fasted. this isnt done for any reason than i dont wanna risk having a issue when i have a heavy load on my back. im not saying this has happened but it is a worry for me.

im with swiftmayhem, i have one meal before and one after training rather than training fasted. this isnt done for any reason than i dont wanna risk having a issue when i have a heavy load on my back. im not saying this has happened but it is a worry for me.

What? What "issue"?

The read the faq you posted JB. It says cardio is a bad idea. Does this rule out IF for someone who trains kickboxing five days per week and doubles up to lift twice a week?

What exactly are you worried about?

It seems you've invented a problem and the found a 'solution' to it.

The read the faq you posted JB. It says cardio is a bad idea. Does this rule out IF for someone who trains kickboxing five days per week and doubles up to lift twice a week?

No not at all. I train BJJ fasted several times a week, though I do follow the Leangains guide and drink 10g of BCAAs prior to training.

That IF calculator seems pretty cool. Apparently if I get down to 7% bf I can fight at super feather.... hmmmm. I don't fancy looking like a 62kg weaklling though :/

geez give me a chance to answer guys, i just am not confortable with the idea of having large weight on my back with my blood sugar levels. i have had blood sugar problems in the past (3 years ago) i know it most likely wouldnt ever be a problem but mentally just cant get over it. yeah stupid i know

geez give me a chance to answer guys, i just am not confortable with the idea of having large weight on my back with my blood sugar levels. i have had blood sugar problems in the past (3 years ago) i know it most likely wouldnt ever be a problem but mentally just cant get over it. yeah stupid i know

In all fairness you were kind of vague in your previous post. I had to reread it a few times to get the idea.....at first I thought it had something to do with you pooping your pants while doing squats.

yeah sorry i have a tendancy to not publicly talk about my health issues. shitting my pants while squatting would be proof that im actually having a dig when im squatting lol

In all fairness you were kind of vague in your previous post. I had to reread it a few times to get the idea.....at first I thought it had something to do with you pooping your pants while doing squats.

If pooping your pants is cool then consider me miles davis

Does anyone have any experience (or any links to) with multiple training sessions per day whilst on IF?
I've been trying out IF for the last month or so and whilst I haven't been keeping track of my skinfold measurements or weight, I definitely feel better for it.

I'm rehabbing a pretty bad injury at the moment, but hopefully will start training BJJ again within the next 4 weeks and I will be training multiple times per day. How would you split your macronutrient intake to accommodate a second, later training session? (The first is 11am-1pm or 1-2 if I'm doing S&C, the second is usually 7-9.30pm)

I'd break the fast about 2-3 after my first workout with the largest meal, but would you continue tapering calories and reducing carb intake for the final meal, or include carbs in the final meal for recovery?

Does anyone have any experience (or any links to) with multiple training sessions per day whilst on IF?
I've been trying out IF for the last month or so and whilst I haven't been keeping track of my skinfold measurements or weight, I definitely feel better for it.

I'm rehabbing a pretty bad injury at the moment, but hopefully will start training BJJ again within the next 4 weeks and I will be training multiple times per day. How would you split your macronutrient intake to accommodate a second, later training session? (The first is 11am-1pm or 1-2 if I'm doing S&C, the second is usually 7-9.30pm)

I'd break the fast about 2-3 after my first workout with the largest meal, but would you continue tapering calories and reducing carb intake for the final meal, or include carbs in the final meal for recovery?
I have a training log going, I have been IF'ing for months now while strength training and BJJ with great results. Finally reaching that sub 10% bodyfat

I have a training log going, I have been IF'ing for months now while strength training and BJJ with great results. Finally reaching that sub 10% bodyfat

Could you give us an idea of how you incorporate IF with your training schedule?

What type of IF protocol are you following, and what type of diet do you have?

Thanks

I have been experimenting with 16-20hr fasts on alternate days with a very unstrict diet to get calories in and the days I fast I lift before my first meal and my lifts are all going up still so far. But then again I am putting in 3500-4000 calories in that 4 hour feeding window and about the same on off days but spread out all day, Amidoingitright?

Even if I'm not getting any major benefit in health I LOVE the heavy euphoria that comes with being fasted for 16 hours and completing a heavy lifting session .. Today the air even tasted different. Made me kind of not want to eat. But then I ate. And oh did I ever eat. I am uncomfortably full.

At the end of the day, our bodies aren't meant to have insulin running through them all day non-stop. I feel much better not eating all day it just feels so much more natural.

It's so nice not to rush to make breakfast right when you wake up, too. Used to be all, "shit I've been catabolic for 8 hours, gotta eat!!!!"
Fuck that.

Fatcat's approach sounds grueling. Only because of the sheer amount of food in such a short time. I've done days like he describes and it can indeed be physically uncomfortable. My fasting times are never strict, either. Some days it'll be 16 hours, or 18 or 20. Just depends on schedule/hunger levels.

ive been on an IF diet for a year now. im 23 years old and my body fat is lower than it's ever been(8%)

here is my typical day:

wake up at 730 am

on way to work at 8 i have an organic apple

at noon i have a bowl of raspberry/grapes/blackberry/strawberry depending whats on sale

at noon i also have a leafy green salad with garbanzo beans and evoo

then i dont eat again until 8 or 9 pm. i get out of work at 5 usually and then drive home get ready for training and train either 6-8 or 7-9 depending on the day. after that i feast on something and pass the hell out from the big meal. i used to have trouble sleeping. not anymore

Back