Is Canada and France Behind GSP on this?

Quebec sure loves to rip off western Canada and then whine about separating. If any provinces should be separating it is the Western Provinces. It is time for a Western Republic of Canada. Let the East find their own way. Fuck Justin Trudeau and the liberal scum.
Please don't. I'm from Ontario and we need western voters to save us. The voters here are brainwashed and wonder why taxes and utilities keep increasing as fast as unemployment rates. fml

I generally find people in other countries appreciate Canadians (both english and french) but there is a lot of conflict between Quebec and the rest of Canada.

My friends and I saw Machida/Shogun 1 at a restaurant in Hull... When we walked in the greeter was very cheery and friendly until she realized we spoke english and her demeanor changed, the staff was rude to us, seated us in a distant corner from the rest of the patrons, made us wait 20 minutes to take our drink orders, another 20 minutes to take our food order and ignored us the rest of the night.
...Conversely any time I've been to Montreal or Quebec City everyone has treated us like we're their best friend so it depends where you go and who you meet.

I'm tired and rambling

On topic I doubt many people in France care about GSP or MMA as I don't think it's very popular there. I don't see how any cultural or historic significance would play into that either.

Maybe if GSP was a huge football (soccer) phenom that might be different.

But most Canadians know who GSP is even if they aren't MMA fans and nearly all Canadian MMA fans will be cheering for him every time. Fans will cheer GSP in bars and afterward spill onto the street faking superman punches and takedowns at each other

But most Canadians know who GSP is even if they aren't MMA fans and nearly all Canadian MMA fans will be cheering for him every time. Fans will cheer GSP in bars and afterward spill onto the street faking superman punches and takedowns at each other

Possibly true if you're talking about young guys. Most women of any age, and most guys over 30, have no idea who he (or any MMA fighter) is. Try talking about him around the water cooler at work (etc) with women and middle aged guys, they'll never have heard of him. Which is why the PPV numbers are less than 10% of Canadians - those with money to casually spend $60 on a PPV just out of curiosity (middle aged folks) have never heard of him, and so aren't buying.

Of course, the UFC is probably aiming at the young guy market in any case, so they might not care about not having others.

GSP has supporters from every country even UK. Canada is still a very British colony.

Back