Is Conor McGregor the Prince Naseem Hamed of MMA?

These days Prince Naseem is more like Matt Serra

alright you successfully trolled me but i’ll leave it at this. compare hamed’s wins to those of barrera, pacquiao, armstrong, nelson, gomez, sanchez, willie the wisp, saddler, morales, abe attell & arguello.

then do the same with conor mcgregor and all the best featherweights of all time. there’s really only one or two better than him. faber is arguable but beating aldo seals it.
MMA has been in its modern age for 10-15 years.

Boxing is going on 120 years of that.

Guys won't be remembered at all ever are considered "legends" now. Only 15 years in and we have like 8 different "GOATs"; Jones, Fedor, Aldo, DC, GSP, Anderson, Mighty Mouse.. Those guys aren't "GOATs". They're just the only guys who might barely be remembered in 50 years. "Fedor" is the GOAT HW of the past 15 years but realistically, in terms of 50 years from now, he's just another great HW -- not a GOAT.

Guys like Chuck? Wand? Shogun? Tito? Hughes? None of those guys are "legends" or "greats". In terms of the past 15 years, sure they are. But historically -- they're just above average fighters.

Being an "above average" recognized boxer of the past 120 years puts you on the same level (or higher) of McGregor, Chuck, etc.

I made this same comparison many years ago and agree there are many parallels.

If Prince had been fighting in the PPV golden era that Conor was fortunate enough to start his career during he likely would have rivaled Floyd, at least as long as he could avoid the elites long enough for the pleasure of getting embarrassed by Floyd on a massive PPV.

Fuck I wish Prince actually accepted Mayweather offer back in the day. As much as I enjoyed watching him fight that would have been an even worse shit kicking than the Gatti fight, haha.
Man that fight would have at least been entertaining....I agree

Prince never beat any high level competition. McGregor has. He's not focused now, so he'll lose to anybody and will destroy his legacy if he continues. His punching and speed was laughable in that Khabib fight. He looks nowhere near the same athlete.
Lol

Hamed ruled his division for years and had 15 title defences. McNugget? No such luck.

Another major difference is that after losing Conor has come back for more, whereas after Barrera pushed Naz’ shit in he fought only once more, and decided to take his ball and go home. Something to admire about Conor there. If he wasn’t such an insufferable cunt in real life he’d be down right heroic. As it is he’s just another lout that happens to have decent power.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back