Is Conor McGregor the Prince Naseem Hamed of MMA?

elanimalsantana said:
elanimalsantana said:
Yeah, defeating (at least) five World Champions is just one or two "decent guys" while Conor got spanked by a gatekeeper on 11 days notice
View attachment 486563

I know more about boxing than you I guarantee it. It is obvious that all Champions aren't equal, even a shertard like you can understand that. But to deny that Hamed defeated more top notch fighters than Conor and say he

Did I say that every person that wins a belt is an all time great did? Your ignorance abounds. I don't need to Google shit you moron I know who those guys are. I've seen more boxing than you I guarantee it, been watching (and attending) since before your nit-witted ass was born. But the guys that I mentioned that Hamed defeated didn't just win belts some won more than one and defended them as well which makes them more than "decent".

Now STFU and go back to mommie's basement and fap to Conor where you can enjoy your stupidity without sharing with the world just what an idiot you are.
literally none of the guys he beat won more than one belt without losing the first. they are not more than decent in comparison to literally every other era of featherweights in the history of the sport. please keep arguing with me and making it more obvious you don’t watch boxing.

naseem was ranked on the rings end-of-the-year featherweight lists often without fighting literally anyone else in the top ten. i’m sure you knew that though.

elanimalsantana said:
elanimalsantana said:
elanimalsantana said:
Yeah, defeating (at least) five World Champions is just one or two "decent guys" while Conor got spanked by a gatekeeper on 11 days notice
View attachment 486563
literally none of the guys he beat won more than one belt without losing the first. they are not more than decent in comparison to literally every other era of featherweights in the history of the sport. please keep arguing with me and making it more obvious you don’t watch boxing.

naseem was ranked on the rings end-of-the-year featherweight lists often without fighting literally anyone else in the top ten. i’m sure you knew that though.
Hey not so genius, just because they lost their Title before winning another means NOTHING!! many have done that including Ray Leonard, Thomas Hearns, Emile Griffith, Floyd Patterson, Oscar De La Hoya, even Ray Robinson lost the Middleweight Title several times before winning it back. Does that mean he wasn't any good because he lost the Title? Nothing you've said means that Hamed only had one or two decent wins. They were World Champions and you're jus an ignorant shertard trying to tell me about boxing when I've attended more World Title fights in person that you have years on this planet.

Your case that Hamed has only one or two decent wins is laughable and you seem to change the subject to somehow me claiming he was an all time great which I never did, I was never a fan (and was happy as heel when he lost and was there in person to wtness it) but he did have some good wins.

I think it's fair to say he was exposed along time ago considering he never seemed to work on his sub defense and all his losses come that way.

Nail in the coffin was probably nate diaz tho, good fighters don't lose to him lol he's a gatekeeper.
Circumstances...

Bad fighters don't beat a gatekeeper two divisions above their weight catagory.

I was never a fan (and was happy as heel when he lost and was there in person to wtness it) but he did have some good wins.
Your case that Hamed has only one or two decent wins is laughable and you seem to change the subject to somehow me claiming he was an all time great which I never did, I was never a fan (and was happy as heel when he lost and was there in person to wtness it) but he did have some good wins.
alright you successfully trolled me but i’ll leave it at this. compare hamed’s wins to those of barrera, pacquiao, armstrong, nelson, gomez, sanchez, willie the wisp, saddler, morales, abe attell & arguello.

then do the same with conor mcgregor and all the best featherweights of all time. there’s really only one or two better than him. faber is arguable but beating aldo seals it.

I don’t know which made me happier Barerra beating the shit out of Naseem or Khabib smashing Conor.

Came to say this. I think I was about 12 or 13 when I watched that fight live and I'll never forget it haha Prince's half hour entry to the ring and all the hype behind him then Barerra stoic as can be just puts a clinic on him.
Maidana whopping Broners ass was almost as satisfying.

He's not that small.

Hamed was hilarious because he and his fans acted like he was a bad ass when he's smaller than a flyweight.

alright you successfully trolled me but i’ll leave it at this. compare hamed’s wins to those of barrera, pacquiao, armstrong, nelson, gomez, sanchez, willie the wisp, saddler, morales, abe attell & arguello.

then do the same with conor mcgregor and all the best featherweights of all time. there’s really only one or two better than him. faber is arguable but beating aldo seals it.
1442uf.jpg

If you look at the two careers there are eerily similar right after getting exposed Prince Naseem Hamed fell off the map lost motivation and the edge of perceived invincibility... Prince Naseem Hamed became fat out-of-shape Rich spoiled brat who never had another significant fight after getting exposed.... while I believe that Connor will have another significant fight I honestly believe he will lose it no matter who it they put him up against unless it's a total can...and with his trainer making statements about having to be convinced to train him again, this leads me to believe Connor is not taking anything seriously but being a businessman... discuss
I made this same comparison many years ago and agree there are many parallels.

If Prince had been fighting in the PPV golden era that Conor was fortunate enough to start his career during he likely would have rivaled Floyd, at least as long as he could avoid the elites long enough for the pleasure of getting embarrassed by Floyd on a massive PPV.

Fuck I wish Prince actually accepted Mayweather offer back in the day. As much as I enjoyed watching him fight that would have been an even worse shit kicking than the Gatti fight, haha.

He's a heavy weight last time I saw him!
nintchdbpict0003910856701559628027.jpg

Prince Naseem defended his titles 20 times over 6 years!

Conor shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath.

That's actually an interesting comparison considering their career trajectory and styles. Not bad TS.

I think it's fair to say he was exposed along time ago considering he never seemed to work on his sub defense and all his losses come that way.

Nail in the coffin was probably nate diaz tho, good fighters don't lose to him lol he's a gatekeeper.
So you don't consider Cowboy as a good fighter?

The boxing discussion is laughably bad
The only comparison is that both are criminally overrated and underated by their respective communities
McGregor is probably greater because he has wins with Legit p4p connotations
People forget if he beat khabib and Ferguson he would of been near goat talks

I still wish prince could of come back fought a few more times at the highest level, he really was a entertaining.

Conor came into the UFC with 2 defeats. What is this perceived invincibility you speak of?

Back