Is Conor McGregor the Prince Naseem Hamed of MMA?

elanimalsantana said:
Hamed defeated at least five World Champions in Title fights (Wilfredo Vazquez, Kevin Kelley, Paul Ingle, Cesar Soto, Vuyani Bungu) that I can think of off the top of my head. Your post is typical of Conor nut licking fan boys: Full of ignorance
none of those guys are particularly good. kevin kelley was a decent fighter but that’s about it. boxrec less and watch more boxing. naz completely missed the best featherweight era in boxing.
Most of them had World Championships at more than one weight class and defended their Titles successfully, unlike Conor. WTF is that supposed to mean? I would bet my last dollar that I have seen much more boxing than you, you don't know jack shit.
02fn.jpg

no fighter who becomes a double champ can be considered overrated

I have no idea why people consider "overrated" and "bad" to be equivalent.

Overrated simply means you are rated higher than you deserve on merit.

A guy who is "really" the 5th best fighter in the division who is ranked 3rd is being overrated, for example.

Conor's run at 145 was legit and very well-earned, but his run since moving to 155 has been fairly modest performance-wise.

1. Great win, truly amazing performance against top talent.
2. Crushing loss against a gatekeeper (higher weight)
3. Close win against a gatekeeper (higher weight)
4. Crushing loss (different sport)
5. Ultra-emasculating and humiliating loss against probably the best fighter in the division.

If he actually fights the Poirier/Lee/Barboza/Ferg types at 155, we'll get a better sense of how he truly ranks at 155. Until then, a reasonable person can be skeptical.

Connor was done before his loss to Khabib. Having too much money killed Connor's drive and will to compete.

mcgregor has accomplished more in mma than naz ever did in boxing.

Has he?

Are you absolutely sure about that?

Naz unified a tough division and had several defences of titles.

The Aldo and Eddie wins are better than Naz's highs, but Conor has many more lows.

Naz lost to an ATG on points and that was it

I disliked Naz, but he was awesome at his peak.

I would Say boxing had much more talent than MMA has now.

MMA is still a young sport. Fighters will keep evolving, where boxing probably peaked years ago.

Not saying you're wrong, but Naz achieved a lot.

I have no idea why people consider "overrated" and "bad" to be equivalent.

Overrated simply means you are rated higher than you deserve on merit.

A guy who is "really" the 5th best fighter in the division who is ranked 3rd is being overrated, for example.

Conor's run at 145 was legit and very well-earned, but his run since moving to 155 has been fairly mediocre.

1. Great win
2. Crushing loss
3. Close win
4. Crushing loss (different sport)
5. Ultra-emasculating and humiliating loss

If he actually fights the Poirier/Lee/Barboza/Ferg types at 155, we'll get a better sense of how he truly ranks at 155. Until then, a reasonable person can be skeptical.
nobody is talking about rankings

elanimalsantana said:
Hamed defeated at least five World Champions in Title fights (Wilfredo Vazquez, Kevin Kelley, Paul Ingle, Cesar Soto, Vuyani Bungu) that I can think of off the top of my head. Your post is typical of Conor nut licking fan boys: Full of ignorance

Most of them had World Championships at more than one weight class and defended their Titles successfully, unlike Conor. WTF is that supposed to mean? I would bet my last dollar that I have seen much more boxing than you, you don't know jack shit.
View attachment 486551
i literally don’t give a single fuck about whether conor mcgregor’s successful or isn’t. naseem beat one or two decent guys and lost embarrassingly to the only great fighter he ever fought.

Has he?

Are you absolutely sure about that?

Naz unified a tough division and had several defences of titles.

The Aldo and Eddie wins are better than Naz's highs, but Conor has many more lows.

Naz lost to an ATG on points and that was it

I disliked Naz, but he was awesome at his peak.

I would Say boxing had much more talent than MMA has now.

MMA is still a young sport. Fighters will keep evolving, where boxing probably peaked years ago.

Not saying you're wrong, but Naz achieved a lot.
naz fought one great fighter ever and lost to him. beat some mediocre guys who won domestic titles in a thin featherweight division. i think based on longevity and unheralded power, you can rank naseem amongst SOME of the best featherweights in history. but there are no doubt at LEAST 10 featherweights you can put ahead of him.

elanimalsantana said:

View attachment 486551
i literally don’t give a single fuck about whether conor mcgregor’s successful or isn’t. naseem beat one or two decent guys and lost embarrassingly to the only great fighter he ever fought.
Yeah, defeating (at least) five World Champions is just one or two "decent guys" while Conor got spanked by a gatekeeper on 11 days notice
grasping at straws.png

I see the connection, but i don't think so. Naseem was truly great, Conor is a hype job.
He never defended his CW belts either. Or any belt.
why would he defend his cw belts??? is that really being held against him? lol.

and lol at naseem being truly great and conor a hype job. conor has wins over great fighters. that's not hype.

When Conor's own trainers don't want anything to do with him again because they think his health is at risk, you know it's time to pack it up.

He got exposed. The rest of the UFC will be out for blood. He's a marked man.
Agreed he was exposed as a 2 div champ who emasculated aldo and blessed

Everyone on the UFC roster wishes they were exposed like Conor

He's not comparable to prince. PUt some respek on the prince.

naz fought one great fighter ever and lost to him. beat some mediocre guys who won domestic titles in a thin featherweight division. i think based on longevity and unheralded power, you can rank naseem amongst SOME of the best featherweights in history. but there are no doubt at LEAST 10 featherweights you can put ahead of him.

I agree about your last point.

But in 100 years of MMA many fighters will place ahead of Conor.

Aldo and Khabib are only the true great fighters that Conor fought in around their prime. He's. 1-1

Naz never beat guys of Aldo calibre. But he did but seem good guys. Kevin Kelly was a very good win.

Conor has better highs, but worse lows.

Like I said in my last post. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I wouldn't be so dismissive of Naz. Perhaps I have been playing devils advocate.

I will finish by saying you make some great points in the above post and back your opinion soundly. I wasn't sure you knew much about Naz, but your post proves you do.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I agree about your last point.

But in 100 years of MMA many fighters will place ahead of Conor.

Aldo and Khabib are only the true great fighters that Conor fought in around their prime. He's. 1-1

Naz never beat guys of Aldo calibre. But he did but seem good guys. Kevin Kelly was a very good win.

Conor has better highs, but worse lows.

Like I said in my last post. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I wouldn't be so dismissive of Naz. Perhaps I have been playing devils advocate.

I will finish by saying you make some great points in the above post and back your opinion soundly. I wasn't sure you knew much about Naz, but your post proves you do.
in 100 years of mma, i have no doubt at least a couple guys will have absolutely surpassed conor. there have already been some all time greats that people can argue as GOAT and we’re really only 25 years in. if MMA stays around that long, conor will be one of many great fighters who kinda just becomes a name people remember.

in 100 years of mma, i have no doubt at least a couple guys will have absolutely surpassed conor. there have already been some all time greats that people can argue as GOAT and we’re really only 25 years in. if MMA stays around that long, conor will be one of many great fighters who kinda just becomes a name people remember.

The old legends live forever. Maybe not having footage has helped early boxers legends. Or maybe it has hindered it.

It will be interesting to see where mma is at in the next 15-20 years. Will fighters get much better?

elanimalsantana said:
Yeah, defeating (at least) five World Champions is just one or two "decent guys" while Conor got spanked by a gatekeeper on 11 days notice
View attachment 486563
for christ’s sake you don’t know shit about boxing. stay in this forum as long as you can. hint, not all champions are created equal.
I know more about boxing than you I guarantee it. It is obvious that all Champions aren't equal, even a shertard like you can understand that. But to deny that Hamed defeated more top notch fighters than Conor and say he only beat "one or two" 'decent guys' " despite his having wins over several World Champions just proves your shertardedness.

Stop before you embarrass yourself even more.

elanimalsantana said:
View attachment 486563

I know more about boxing than you I guarantee it. It is obvious that all Champions aren't equal, even a shertard like you can understand that. But to deny that Hamed defeated more top notch fighters than Conor and say he only beat "one or two" 'decent guys' " despite his having wins over several World Champions just proves your shertardedness.

Stop before you embarrass yourself even more.
michael bentt is an all time great because he won a heavyweight championship belt. same goes for charles martin, right? i’ll give you time to google those names and you can tell me all about them.

watch more boxing. the fact you would call any of naseem hamed’s wins “top notch” is fucking embarrassing.

elanimalsantana said:
elanimalsantana said:
View attachment 486563

I know more about boxing than you I guarantee it. It is obvious that all Champions aren't equal, even a shertard like you can understand that. But to deny that Hamed defeated more top notch fighters than Conor and say he
michael bentt is an all time great because he won a championship belt. same goes for charles martin, right? i’ll give you time to google those names.

watch more boxing.
Did I say that every person that wins a belt is an all time great did? Your ignorance abounds. I don't need to Google shit you moron I know who those guys are. I've seen more boxing than you I guarantee it, been watching (and attending) since before your nit-witted ass was born. But the guys that I mentioned that Hamed defeated didn't just win belts some won more than one and defended them as well which makes them more than "decent".

Now STFU and go back to mommie's basement and fap to Conor where you can enjoy your stupidity without sharing with the world just what an idiot you are.

P.S. I find it funny that you pull two names out of your stupid ass of guys whose reigns were about as long as one of my farts

Last edited:
Back