Is Die Hard a Christmas movie?

Is Die Hard a christmas movie?

• Total voters
Yes. Because not only does it take place around the Independence Day holiday, but the running theme of the movie is combating oppression and declaring earth's independence and sovereignty.

Yeah, but were the aliens trying taxation without representation? Huh?

Honestly, no.

It's an action movie that happens to take place during Christmas.

This poll is fitting

I hope this stops anyone from ever asking this question again

You trolling?

<{nope}>
As opposed to actually debating this topic...yes. I've seen it. It's a Christmas movie. I voted.
I was going to passionately present my argument over multiple posts against several posters...but a guy in this thread is already doing that and it's not a good look.

Last edited:
TS are you okay? Is the fucking best christmas movie.

I think that for something to be a proper Christmas movie then it needs to espouse certain values and ideas that are inherent to the traditional idea of Christmas.

Otherwise it's some other kind of movie with Christmas trappings.

Is Silent Night, Deadly Night (1984) not a Christmas movie?

Lets finally end this debate by having a poll and see what the numbers will be like.

I personally think it's a christmas movie. It just has that christmas vibe to it.

Bruce Willis is a can.

@shadow_priest_x reading the poll results like....

giphy.gif

Wrong again. How does it feel to come into this thread and be wrong about every last thing you say?

People have been exposed in this thread, but I assure you I'm not one of them.

You are, though.

"Christmas Movie" is the new "P4P."

Exposed as embracing real Christmas movies? Absolutely.

You know why I wouldn't call Silent Night, Deadly Night a Christmas movie?

Because I'm not retarded.

I would be more willing to accept Die Hard as a Christmas movie because of its very tenuous connection to the values of the Christmas season--wanting to be joined together with a family member--than I would a horror film.

Whether you are religious or not, the Christmas holiday is a celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ, and therefore any true Christian movie will ultimately conform to the Christian spirit. Peace on earth, good will to men. That kind of thing. And I say that as someone who isn't even a Christian.

Sure, the holiday has been secularized to some extent, but in order for something to be authentically Christmas related then it has to, at least in some tangential way, be connected to the origin of the season. Even Bad Santa, as hard-edged and raunchy as it is, can be tied back to the true spirit and meaning of Christmas through Willie's self-sacrifice to get Thurman his pink elephant.

But Silent Night, Deadly Night? In what way does it conform or embrace, in any way, the spirit and meaning of the holiday?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back