Is it ever ok for a man to hit a woman?

Is it ever ok for a man to hit a woman

• Total voters
Context matters.

If a woman is strangling a child it's ok to hit her.

Over words? No, it's not ok to punch people over shit talk whether they are women or dudes.

Well, I wouldn't hit anyone for words. Never have and I doubt I ever will.

The way I see it is this... In any given social interaction there is the possibility of physical force being leveraged to solve whatever the problem is. I want what you have? Force. You're in my way? Force. You're being a dick? Force. When someone is in a position of clear physical advantage, there is a sort of unspoken social contract that makes pleasant and equal dealing possible - and that social contract says that force will not be leveraged by either person, particularly the person with the physical advantage. Then people can hash it out through dialogue, clever wordplay, seduction, whatever the hell they want. If I, as the larger and stronger person who knows how to effectively perpetrate violence on another human willingly take force off the table, the weaker partner had better not violate that social contract and put force back on the table because the only reason the interaction is free and open is because I have willingly retracted my ability to solve the problem by force.

My view is that, when I (the stronger partner) am willingly removing force from the equation and someone else, man or woman, brings it back in, then just a bit of force to reinforce the importance of keeping force off the table is justified in teaching them an important lesson on the integrity of this unspoken social contract. A quick hook to the gut does wonders for reminding someone why they want to keep things civil and doesn't stand much chance of doing lasting damage. Now, I don't think you should do this just because - people make mistakes, do things in fits of high emotion, etc. Violence is not a tool to use willy-nilly - but sometimes it is a good thing to remind the weaker party of the importance of having violence taken out of the interaction.

Only if her threat level is above mine.

Hand to hand, I'm rasslin her into submission.

If she has a knife or a bat, and is trying to kill or maim me? She's gettting touched with teh jab.

If Janey's got a gun?

How do weight classes come into play in this situation?

Obviously lower is a no go, but what if she is like 2 up from you?

I feel like if a woman kicks you or hits you in the junk you’re allowed to smack the shit out of her.
Too many women act all tough and brave knowing that its easy to go around hitting men knowing that they're not allowed to hit them back.

I was raised to never ever hit a female and I never have, even when they hit me.

But I've seen enough videos now of some overconfident woman getting physical with a man thinking she can do whatever she wants to him and he can't touch her. And I have to admit I laugh hard when she pushes him to the breaking point and he hits back.

Too many women act all tough and brave knowing that its easy to go around hitting men knowing that they're not allowed to hit them back.

I mean if they hit my body it won’t do anything to me physically cause I’m not a wimp but if you kick my junk I’m gonna have to open hand smack you.

I don’t think there’s any reason to hit a woman.

If you’re around psycho women that try to kill you that makes no sense. I’ve never been around women like that. Regular women are easily restrained unless you’re dating honey boo boo’s mom.

I’ve hit a woman before and it was wrong then.

And I won’t do it again.

having been hit by women before but never hitting back. I am 100% supportive of men hitting women back in self defense. Fuck that shit. Each woman who did that to me explained that it was the only way they felt they could be "heard." Its like Bitch, im standing right here, listening to you. I should have slapped the shit out of those chicks

I got a good female friend she always tells me, "any chick fucks with you try'n to start shit, call me and I'll take care of that lightwork for ya." she walks around with a mouthguard in her pocket ready to scrap. so no, I dont hit chicks, she does.

having been hit by women before but never hitting back. I am 100% supportive of men hitting women back in self defense. Fuck that shit. Each woman who did that to me explained that it was the only way they felt they could be "heard." Its like Bitch, im standing right here, listening to you. I should have slapped the shit out of those chicks
How many we talking?

I'd probably kill her if I landed a blow, so no.

It's not okay. Our bone densities are just different, the strength in our bones is different a skinny man can knock out a 300lb chick.
Lol

an unfortunate flaw of men is we have to give women the things they keep asking for, so......

One time i saw a hefty redneck chick call a black guy the n-word, when he laughed it off she came back and spit in his face. I don't think anybody was surprised when he laid her out .

It’s no fun if the man doesn’t fight back.

Family females such as Sister, Wife, Girlfriend, Daughter, any FEMALE family member or close friend that is and should be a FIRM NEVER. Now, RANDOM female that is actively punching me or anyone I love in the face or doing actual harm in anyway and its causing pain I will defend myself or a loved one using simple defense tactics of course and its solely to stop the harm being caused.

Back