Is it weird I literally don't want to say a word to anyone at work?

I don't want to talk about work at work. Hell, I don't want to talk about it outside work either

see if you can get everyone to communicate instead thru text and social media.

Tell them this is the new world.

I have to talk all day because i'm a leader at my job. I would be fine with not having to speak to anybody all day,maybe the small talk during coffee breaks is cool.

Last edited:
This is a subtle “I want to bitch about SJWs taking away mah freedoms” thread.

You have freedom of speech at work. You can say whatever you want and still not get arrested. You’ll be fired. But that’s how it has always been. It isn’t as if I’m the 1950s, you could walk into your boss’s office and call home a cunt and still have a job.

Just say hi and smile. Being civil does wonders for job security.

Wrong. I just had a young female idiot attempt to abuse me for 11 weeks straight. I returned with civility and kindness. Made it worse.

I feel the same way at a lot of new jobs. Every new place I've worked I noticed there was a social standard, or game created at work that everyone plays. The game is usually unspoken and you have to learn how to play it to fit in. A lot of the time there's hazing in the game, other times it's expected that everyone sucks up to one intimidating person, or most of the time it's a passive aggressive competition of seniority. I never like playing any of those games. Usually I stay out and force everyone to get to know me to like me. Its not like me to fall into their dumb game that's made to grow one or two people's ego just to get a bit of acceptance.

At my previous job, I was the same way.

I think me being quiet and isolating myself, made them think I disliked them and rubbed them the wrong way. Didn't care though, I just showed up and did my job.

Wrong. I just had a young female idiot attempt to abuse me for 11 weeks straight. I returned with civility and kindness. Made it worse.
This. Some people are just dickheads. No point in being fake with them

I dislike a large portion of the people I work with but I'd back them up in a heartbeat. Usually I work completely by myself but I'm currently on an assignment where I have to be partnered up every day. Thankfully it's with my academy classmate and friend for a decade so we just talk shit to each other all shift long.

I work for the government too. It's amazing how much non-PC irreverance you can get away with if you aren't an asshole and treat people with respect.

But since I do IT sometimes I prefer not to talk to people either. Most of them have that mild disdain for you because they think you do nothing all day, until they have a problem and then you're suddenly best buddies.

I'll socialize at a work place level i just don't build relationships, that can lead you down a world of shit. At times silence is golden

If you are sexy, and not the boss, you are doomed.. If you are 100% friend zone material, or gay, you might be ok.

Yes, gay is one step up the protected species ladder from female. Your great-grandmother on your mother's side was killed in the holocaust and your great-grandfather on your father's side was black and lynched in Mississippi. But you won't talk about it because of the horrific memories.

I work for the government. Lol.

Just can't be added to talk nowadays whenever I don't have total freedom of speech.

I too work for the government, let me tell you government agencies are full of snitches, ass kissers, and jackals. It is actually best to keep your mouth shut.

if you do decide to say a word make it count. I would suggest things that count as sexual harrasment or blatant racism. they seem tog et lots of attention lately.

Nah I hate talking to anyone at work
All men and all much older than me

Only sherdog gets my humour

Back