Is Liberty University a cult?

Southern Baptists are about the least "Christian" of any of the religions that claim to follow the teachings of Christ.

It's just a bad place to go for an education, and it's code of conduct and curriculum are excessively influenced by religion

But they are amazingly progressive, too.

They had already ended their ban on interracial dating way back in 1985!

I studied at this university for a while. I was redirected there. I would not say that there was too much emphasis on religion. But still I still remember that there they forced me to write essays on various religious topics and very hard on them. I had to find various guides, how to write them. Now these guides are much easier to find than then. Just google and here's your guide. But in the end from there I also transferred to another university. What to say? I was not a very good student. But still I consider this an excellent experience. Incidentally, the courses of religion, which were then part of the compulsory program, when I was studying were selected simply by strange teachers. I think a person who belongs to one religion, simply can not teach at such courses. And there were many religious people there. I think this is really strange. And if you do not attend these courses, then you are considered the worst student at the university and in general, it is better not to communicate with you. Well, at least that's what most people thought at the university

I studied at this university for a while. I was redirected there. I would not say that there was too much emphasis on religion. But still I still remember that there they forced me to write essays on various religious topics and very hard on them. I had to find various guides, how to write them. Now these guides are much easier to find than then. Just google and here's your guide. But in the end from there I also transferred to another university. What to say? I was not a very good student. But still I consider this an excellent experience. Incidentally, the courses of religion, which were then part of the compulsory program, when I was studying were selected simply by strange teachers. I think a person who belongs to one religion, simply can not teach at such courses. And there were many religious people there. I think this is really strange. And if you do not attend these courses, then you are considered the worst student at the university and in general, it is better not to communicate with you. Well, at least that's what most people thought at the university
I'm guessing, by this run on bunch of gibberish, that you didn't graduate from anywhere... if you did, whew!

is BYU then a cult? SMU? TCU? GCU?

as all schools w/ religious affiliations, it's thus private. it is Not for Profit and Regionally Accredited though

Liberty is more “religious” than BYU which is slightly more religious than Norte Dame. TCU and SMU are essentially religious in name only. There are no non-Christians at Liberty but all the other schools have students and faculty of multiple religions.

I was not a very good student

From the writing ability on display in the post, this is a redundant statement.

Also, F you for necro-bumping an old thread without new a pertinent information about it

Fully aware that this is anecdotal, but I read a first person account of one of these schools, either Liberty, Bob Jones, Oral Roberts, can't remember which. The gist was basically that it was pretty sheltered for guys, but for women, it was like some "Handmaid's Tale" type shit. I think the author left the school when she was ordered to have a gynecological exam as a result of missing a 10pm curfew. At a college, LOL.

Based on the political and religious belief systems running the show at these places, I would venture to guess that the experience is very different at these schools depending on sex/gender.

Liberty University was founded by disgraced minister and right wing extremist Jerry Falwell and is very influential in Republican politics, the Trump administration, the NFL and NASCAR.

The university, where creationism is a required subject, is mostly religion based. It has on campus and online classes that seem to be aimed more at indoctrination than education.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Liberty_University

I may have asked when this thread was started, but how was Falwell disgraced?

Also, it's something like 80% of doctors are religious. Next time you're sick tell them you'll wait to see an atheist.

this is chump change, this thread could of been about something much bigger and better, but it's ultimately up to you to decide what you want to spend your time on in life. Who am I to judge.
Liberty University was founded by disgraced minister and right wing extremist Jerry Falwell and is very influential in Republican politics, the Trump administration, the NFL and NASCAR.

The university, where creationism is a required subject, is mostly religion based. It has on campus and online classes that seem to be aimed more at indoctrination than education.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Liberty_University
where does education ends and indoctrination begins in America though? I"m sure this school is nothing special. It's just a little institution that barely registers in a sea of lies.

can you get a biology degree there? geology?

seems like they'd cut out a good chunk of the curriculum.

Do they require you to cut yourself off from friends and family now? That is one of the traditional elements of a cult and it is better applied to SJW's than students at Liberty University.

Well, they are certainly drinking some kind of kool-aids

keep it bro, shit happens. I can say that I had the same problem, we were flooded with various necessary and unnecessary essays and in the end I had to order best essay writing. It happens that in the study of material sometimes very useless things are allowed.

Also, it's something like 80% of doctors are religious. Next time you're sick tell them you'll wait to see an atheist.
I believe it was back when he was kicked out of one of the two hospitals here in Lynchburg. He and his posse would go into the rooms of dying patients and convince them to sign over their life savings and any property they had.

Southern Baptists are about the least "Christian" of any of the religions that claim to follow the teachings of Christ.
The Southern Baptist Denomination leadership at the top has been taken over by social justice within the last year or so. It's a mess now. I wouldn't be shocked to see many Southern Baptist churches leave the denomination.

They still have many good churches, and many good, God loving people, but many churches will split off from this eventually.

Last edited:
If I was going to enroll in a Seminary right now, I'd go to "The Master's Seminary." Ironically, it's out in California.

The left will eventually attack them and do away with it. They are already giving it trouble.

Assuming you are right, that still doesn't mean most of them are theists. Religion is also very much an identity , and people claim to be religious because it is socially in their self-interest to do so.

Yeah, that Billy Graham and Rick Warren are true monsters, what with lives dedicated to helping others and all.

I guess most of this thread is busy visiting cancer patients, at food drives, and counseling people with problems in their free time.

Right? Right? Oh... right.

Back