Crime Shooting at University of Nevada, Multiple Victims Suspected (Shooter Deceased)

Im not following you here sherbro

But ultimately I dont have a solution; there are much smarter people than I, other societies have done it and if enough people actually care problems can be fixed.

to my initial point, thoughts and prayers aren't doing sh*t

Any proposal would involve civilian disarmament. Gun buy backs like Australia will not work here. You would have to have the armed population disarmed by men that are themselves armed. Again, by a government that stands completely outnumbered. The implication that these people (the American gun owner) ignore the issues implies through the presumption of guilt l; they could stop this from happening. I’ve shown you this isn’t the case. Regardless of these peoples ownership of firearms they are overwhelmingly not contributing to the problem.
Mental health and suicide prevention would be a place to start in the suburbs and rural areas to do something to help the greatest number of effected.

Any proposal would involve civilian disarmament. Gun buy backs like Australia will not work here. You would have to have the armed population disarmed by men that are themselves armed. Again, by a government that stands completely outnumbered. The implication that these people (the American gun owner) ignore the issues implies through the presumption of guilt l; they could stop this from happening. I’ve shown you this isn’t the case. Regardless of these peoples ownership of firearms they are overwhelmingly not contributing to the problem.
Mental health and suicide prevention would be a place to start in the suburbs and rural areas to do something to help the greatest number of effected.
You've expressed a personal opinion essentially saying solutions cant work.

Which in essence, is to do nothing.

Which is fair, that is your opinion on the matter.

Not a legal or constitutional lawyer

But amendments don't have to repeal to augment or clarify
Our gun violence is driven by socioeconomic factors. UHC would go a long way.

You've expressed a personal opinion essentially saying solutions cant work.

Which in essence, is to do nothing.

Which is fair, that is your opinion on the matter.

No, actually I’ve given direct instances of solutions at different points today in this thread and in entirety separate gun threads. They aren’t very popular but in my opinion do better than as some have stated “thoughts and prayers” or the gun control movement as a whole.

No, actually I’ve given direct instances of solutions at different points today in this thread and in entirety separate gun threads. They aren’t very popular but in my opinion do better than as some have stated “thoughts and prayers” or the gun control movement as a whole.

Okay but, literally every measure of gun control we've ever tried HAS worked to decrease the numbers of gun deaths, until they're pushed back on and eventually overturned. I agree the solution should be multi-layered, but suggesting that tightening gun regulation doesn't work isnt true. The numbers go down.

Okay but, literally every measure of gun control we've ever tried HAS worked to decrease the numbers of gun deaths, until they're pushed back on and eventually overturned. I agree the solution should be multi-layered, but suggesting that tightening gun regulation doesn't work isnt true. The numbers go down.

The mostly urban areas where gun crimes statistics are highest have passed very restrictive laws with violent crime still an issue there. There was a national crime surge during Covid but that swell is receding now. We have seen reduction of crime unrelated to gun ownership which has been in perpetual increase over the last several years. My area of the country is well below the national average for crime of any kind. We have some of the most 2-A friendly laws on the books. And receive very poor rankings in fact on websites like Any town for Gun Safety. I don’t lock my doors and I don’t carry a firearm for defensive purposes. At no point have I been worried about gun owners including the knuckleheads that open carry(It’s discouraged but not illegal) putting me at risk. The culture behind civil responsibility cannot be understated. Especially with such an overwhelming population of those who have not conducted themselves in a manner to be questioned, falsely accused, or have their material possessions taken from them. I just will never agree with any methodology that seeks to punish the law abiding for the misgivings of those who don’t take the responsibility seriously.

Ironically terrible example. Up to 90% of the illegal weapons in Mexico come from the US.

Your lack of laws has contributed and continues to facility Mexicos lawlessness
Lack of laws . . . holy crap.

Ironically terrible example. Up to 90% of the illegal weapons in Mexico come from the US.

Your lack of laws has contributed and continues to facilitate Mexicos lawlessness
Except that is simply not true. The 87% fib is that of the 30,000 recovered, 7200 were turned over to the US ATF for tracing, of which only 4,000 could be traced, and 3400 of those originated in the US. 3400 is not 90% of 30,000, and the huge majority of their guns don't not exist just because some Russian or South American arms dealer didn't put a serial number on them.

Cartels have a ton of weapons from Mexican and foreign militaries, arms dealers, and a bunch of the weapons they have aren't even legal for Americans to buy.

However, I do agree that our lack of border enforcement is a problem.

No you suggested other countries solutions dont work, thats not a solution, infact that's the opposite of a solution

Thats a thought or prayer.

Which is fair, you've made it clear you dont see it as a problem.

No you suggested other countries solutions dont work, thats not a solution, infact that's the opposite of a solution

Thats a thought or prayer.

Which is fair, you've made it clear you dont see it as a problem.

I suggested they won’t work here, correct. Please respect my unique cultural differences as an American and embrace it as you would any other cultural anomaly of humanity. Thank you for your concern I know it was well meaning even if we can’t agree it was well placed.

This guy nailed it.

Sorry, but that doesn't make any sense.

It's just a reel of excuses because he wants to be allowed his guns.

That's fine, he's allowed to want his guns.

But his guns stop absolutely fucking nothing, and you've all got plenty of them lol

What's the ratio of mass shootings in the US vs the UK? What about accidental gun deaths of children? How about children killing their parents or siblings?

The "criminals gonna crime" argument used only in the context of liking guns is absurd. Laws adopt about stopping criminals from doing crime, they're a out accountability for ill behavior.
Maybe it depends from area and mentality.
Some countries does have far more lenient laws than the same U.K and lesser shit with kids/ teens using handguns than in the same U.K.

Also if potential victim might have the same pepper spray or handgun it does reduce street crime.
Sorry for safespace fans....reality in the same Estonia was that it reduced number of street crimes and rape cases dramatically....
School shootings : 1 during last 28 years, number of dead : 1....
While, sorry, without usage of firearms if I remember correctly , more than 10 had died.... 1 vs more than 10...

Number of deaths in street crime cases dramatically reduced, robberies and rape cases too.
More safespace than the same U.K.

Except that is simply not true. The 87% fib is that of the 30,000 recovered, 7200 were turned over to the US ATF for tracing, of which only 4,000 could be traced, and 3400 of those originated in the US. 3400 is not 90% of 30,000, and the huge majority of their guns don't not exist just because some Russian or South American arms dealer didn't put a serial number on them.

Cartels have a ton of weapons from Mexican and foreign militaries, arms dealers, and a bunch of the weapons they have aren't even legal for Americans to buy.

However, I do agree that our lack of border enforcement is a problem.
It's amazing that people still fall for BS that was debunked over a decade ago.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back